1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Rear Camber adjustment

Discussion in 'Stop, Drop & Roll' started by Liquidgsr, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Offline

Liquidgsr Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Rear Camber adjustment

Anyone know if I can add spacers or adjust the bolt for the spindle to adjust the rear camber? I need to add some negative camber to the rear. I have positive camber for some reason, probably because I am running custom coilovers, but I need to add probably -1 on both sides to compensate. Any ideas or if I can just replace the bolts with different size ones?
  2. Offline

93geoprizm Active Member

Message Count:
    For mine, its always been the alignment guys doing the camber work cause you dont wanna do it yourself and mess the alignment up
  3. Offline

RinconRolla98 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I have known people to use washers ...:)
  4. Offline

Message Count:
    I will just do the same amount on both sides until I get enough negative camber that it equals out or goes into negative that it no longer rubs and isn't positive. Thanks.
  5. Offline

GSE21tuner Formerly rollatuner110. Representing AZLexus.club

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    07 Lexus IS350, 04 Lexus IS300
    Coilovers are setup so that you can alter the camber yourself. Alignment shops won't do it for you. You'll have to place around with it yourself.
  6. Offline

nyrican52884 Active Member

Message Count:
    But you're lowered almost 3". You should have extreme negative camber. The camber isn't adjustable unless you have camber plates on your coilovers.
  7. Offline

Message Count:
    Well here is the thing. The coil overs have front camber plates, but none in the rear, more over because they can't be adjust from the top anyways. When I put my suspension on it needed heavy mondification either to the suspension in the front or the shock tower in the rear to get them to fit. New holes needed to be made and a lot of other crap to get them to fit right. This set off the camber in the rear to come out positive. Thats why its been rubbing so bad and also why it has been tearing my tires apart. I am fine in the front with some negative camber. The wheels are tucking and they only rub at a full turn. The rear is where the problem is. I know a guy that does my alignment on the side, but when I got my camber adjusted he didn't mess with because it evened out. I ended up raising the rear again from fear of blowing the tires again so I have positive camber once again. Hopefully I can get this take care of tomorrow. The fenders are fully rolled finally so there isn't much chance of tearing them again.
  8. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    Rear coilovers if properly made have variable mounting holes that are elongated to allow for camber adjustment. There's no camber plate needed. This is my second set of coilovers, so I know a bit.
  9. Offline

Message Count:
    Yeah I found that out after taking the wheels off and looking over it. The camber is fixed and wheels are no longer rubbing and back to tucking. I found out the front had the same thing, but since we drilled new holes for the stock bolts to fit we went through the part where it lets you adjust the camber. Luckly the front has camber plates on top.
  10. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    Glad to hear everything worked out.