1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Question about Scion tC's

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cuztomrollaz98, Aug 22, 2006.

1. Offline

DeebsTundra Big Tires :)

Message Count:
    You can build a set-up that will begin to build boost as low as I believe 1800. That's what has to be done with the set-up going on my truck, due to the fact I don't rev-high.
  2. Offline

its_ikon FIRST widebody

Message Count:
    bov is a generic term, for s/c it will considered a bypass valve. for roots type s/c you don't need one, but with a centrifugal it is using turbo except it is belt driven. that is why it can be used on the tC.

s/c chargers are not less efficent than a turbo since the application in which it will be used in needs to be thought of.
  3. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    No what happened was this:

1. Wells Fargo is being gay and it's taking forever to release my payoff which I think they're trying to hold me off till the 11th of September to get another $350 out of me and then release the payoff.

2. The car came with the S/C installed already and various parts including this ugly ass chrome wheels that I do not want so I told them to put the stock ones back on.

Both of these are the ones that are holding me up, I'm gonna talk to Wells Fargo today to make their asses release the payoff quicker cause I want the car by tomorrow morning
  4. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    Release your payoff? You mean the amount that is owed on the car? You can get that through WellsFargo.com. They could care less about your 350 bucks
  5. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    okay based on what Toyota financial is telling me is that they're waiting on the loan to get transfered to them since they're taking over what I owe on the rolla and then when that happens I'll get the tC. This is what they told me 10 mins ago when I talked to them
  6. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    Something isnt right here......if youre loan is through Wells Fargo right now, and you want to pay it off, it will be paid off through Wells Fargo. I guess Im not following you.

So you have the rolla loan through Wells Fargo.........so youre trading the rolla in for the Tc? And youre getting the Tc through Toyota Financial, and theyre paying off the Toyota loan in addition to taking on the new loan for the Tc?

Nevermind. Just post up when you have the car.
  7. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    I sure will, guys forget about the whole loan deal thing lol
  8. Offline

OUTRNNR New Member

Message Count:
    I heard the tC's don't have limited slips. If you want to add even more HP its going to be tough to get it to the ground without the L/S dif.

I kinda wanna run it stock vs. my rig, just to see if it would be close or not. All the car mags are rating this thing at 6.8 0-60 and high 14's quarter mile. Once I get tuned, I'll be looking for low 15's to 15 flat. :D:D:D
  9. Offline

gotarheels03 New Member

Message Count:
    Yup, the right setup makes all the difference.
  10. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    I'm thinking on just calling them and telling them to give me a all stock tC and just got with a turbo set up
  11. Offline

DeebsTundra Big Tires :)

Message Count:
    Make up your mind Damir...you live in Colorado, can you A) Afford a turbo system and B) Drive it all winter with the snow?
  12. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    attempting to lol
  13. Offline

jtweezy New Member

Message Count:
    I think you would be dumb to make it stock.....dude just leave it how it is....because I dont want to have to read your posts about how much you miss the supercharger...bla bla bla..lol... man just leave the masterpiece toyota created....
  14. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    haha masterpiece yea except those ugly ass wheels it had lol
  15. Offline

Paolino SolidTuned

Message Count:
    Dude the S/C will be nice. I've grown rather partial to Sueprchargers now having driven one. I tel lyou the whine is addictive; more so for me than the whiiz psshh, however cool it is. :)

Power-wise though? Hands down Turbo. I have a dyno vid of a Stage III ZPI Racing Turbo tC putting 426 down!. It sounds OHSONICE too....
  16. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    yea I'm good as long as I get about 250whp to pull a 14 here at least
  17. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:

How would that make a difference? I say ya stop posting until you actually HAVE the car. At least ya delivered on pics of your bike
  18. Offline

DaCubanSkillz Active Member

Message Count:
    He's just looking for more power. However, if it was me, I'd stick with a S/C cause of warrenty issues. You'll just run into issues if something were to go wrong with a Turbo.

ZPI Stage 0: http://www.zeropointindustries.net/store/product_info.php?cPath=23_28_40&products_id=35

ZPI Stage 1: http://www.zeropointindustries.net/store/product_info.php?cPath=23_28_40&products_id=36

From what I've read, the difference between the two is 50+whp. However, some people on the tC forums have said they've had to upgrade the internals for the Stage 1. The way I see it, no matter what, just adding a S/C or Turbo will not give you the results YOU want. You'd still have to put more money into the car to get the results you want. Upgrade certain parts and what not.

For warrenty sake, I'd stick with the S/C like I said. You should have done some research on the S/C and Turbo before ordering the car. Compare the costs of any upgrades along with the install and things. From your posts it sounds like you don't know what to do. I'd throughly think this through before you put ANY type of performance parts on your car when you get it.
  19. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:

I'm just waiting on their call to go pick the car up :)
  20. Offline

rhythmnsmoke New Member

Message Count:
    **Bump** So what happen to this story?

PS... ZPI does not make a Stage III. There is only a Stage 0 and a Stage 1. More info. You do not have to upgrade your internals on the tC if you go Stage 1. We have been Stage 1 on a stock block for nearly half a year, and I beat on the car every weekend while my lady daily drives it to work. It's going to take you a crap load more money to get the performance gains out of a S/C that you would out of a turbo setup. You are going to be paying a lot more money. On the warranty thing...you void that the minute you change the pulley on your S/C. So, either way, you want more power, you should have gone turbo.

This is my boy's S/C tC vs our Stage 1 tC on 8lbs of boost.

21. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    He didnt get it
  22. Offline

rhythmnsmoke New Member

Message Count:

The S/C? Or the whole car?
  23. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    Unfortunately I couldn't get it, not approved but well maybe sometime in the future
  24. Offline

jtweezy New Member

Message Count:
    whole car
  25. Offline

rhythmnsmoke New Member

Message Count:

Bummer. Maybe next time then. It's funny how the whole credit crap works. I probably went to like 5 or 6 different shops trying to get a GSXR 600 bike. Each time I was not approved even though I make decent money. I use to drive a Corolla DX 5 speed (passed it on to my fiances little brother), but the clutch went out in it, and I wanted something that was RWD because I wanted to drift. Well, we went to the Nissan dealer and walked out with a 350Z Touring Edition 6spd model. Can't get a $5k motorcycle, but I can get a $30+ car...funny huh.
  26. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    Somone can make decent money and have shitty credit or a shitty debt to income ratio and not get approved for anything.
  27. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    yea dude I got approved for the Camry which was 27k and I bet I wouldn't get approved for a bike lol, well not that I need another one just saying... I guess they will approve you for a bike with a strong credit history instead of how much you make
  28. Offline

rhythmnsmoke New Member

Message Count:

not to mention the more debt you have, the better your credit is...:superconf
  29. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:

???? Not true. You have to have some form of credit card to build up credit....but if your credit cards are maxed out, that will go against ya. (Revolving credit)

Mortgages, car loans, school loans, etc will help out your credit score if you have good payment histories on them. Its not the amount that matters, its the payment history.

And you can have PERFECT credit, but have a crappy debt to income ratio and you may not get approved
  30. Offline

Ares Active Member

Message Count:
    ever thought about the "loss of power" the turbo has? i mean having to spin the turbine takes away "sucking pressure" from the exhaust cycle. which in turn lessens air going in the intake cycle.

anyways dont listen to me... im just a computer course college student...