1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Engine Problem With Engine? HELP!

Discussion in 'Powertrain' started by MstwntdFlip, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Offline

MstwntdFlip Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    OK i officially stalled i had to restart my car is it 99.99% that it is the torque converter, cause i really need to get it fixed. i cant go to a stop light without worrying about stalling, its like me driving a manual on my very first day all over again.
  2. Offline

nyrican52884 Active Member

Message Count:
    I don't know if you said this, but you have an automatic, right? Because a manual transmission does not have a torque converter
  3. Offline

Message Count:
    Yeh i know, but it seems like it is because when i go to a stop light, im always so scared that the engine will stall again, its kind of embarrassing in a way.
    but do you know if it is the converter?
  4. Offline

Message Count:
    It could be the O2 sensor like the cel said. But you could take it to a transmission shop. The torque converter is going to be expensive though
  5. Offline

darkgamer1912 Member

Message Count:
    i would try changing the front o2 sensor b4 u take it to the shop, its kina a pain in the ass i did it. ull get one of the bolts off easy but the other will not. i looked at vamps instructions b4 hand and he said to cut the bolt off but that didnt happen i ended up gettin the whole stud out and just ened up replacing it wit one from toyota. so much easyier believe me. u may not be so lucky, also i picked up a denso sensor from rock auto for like 80 bucks
  6. Offline

Message Count:
    oh ok, so it can be the 02 sensor thats causing the stalling and delay?
  7. Offline

Message Count: