1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Prius "Stuck Accelerator"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Unique102, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Offline

GSE21tuner Formerly rollatuner110. Representing AZLexus.club

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    07 Lexus IS350, 04 Lexus IS300
    I've never seen a real estate agent around here driving anything less than a late model Lexus.
  2. Offline

Hummer Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    E39 BMW
    They make bank.
  3. Offline

plu Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Would you trust a real estate agent with a old rusty beater or one with a late model luxury car? I know which one I would go with
  4. Offline

MovieSTAR i hurd u liek?

Message Count:
    reminds me of my old lawyer, he drives an old beater cadillac....and i dont trust him. haha
  5. Offline

DeebsTundra Big Tires :)

Message Count:
    So you guys judge someone immediately based upon what they drive?

What if that rusty old beater was a first car for their kid who died.
    What if it was a gift ages ago from a parent and they can't bear to get rid of it.
    What if, like my initial post says, they don't care what they drive as long as it goes from point A to point B.

FYI: My real estate agent drives a Wrangler because he likes to get into the mountains.
  6. Offline

its_ikon FIRST widebody

Message Count:
    i completely agree, but looks like they think a nice car measures someones success and value in life. when i bought the tc people were asking me why i didn't choose the IS350 and for me it didn't make sense to own that car at the time.
  7. Offline

Salty_Dog Old Fart

Message Count:
    That guy is full of shit up to his brown eyes. A Prius would barely do 90mph falling off a cliff. This asshole is just trying to jump on the class-action suit bandwagon to make a fast buck.
  8. Offline

plu Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    As much as we hate to admit it it is true. When I am hiring a real estate agent, I am conducting an interview. This is why we are told to wear nice clothes and all these preparations for any job interview. People will nitpick and deduct points.

Of course, it's not as important if its a job flipping burgers or I am selling an old shack.

What if I go into an interview wearing my grandad's old shirt from 1924?

What if I go into an interview wearing an old raggy t-shirt because it's my lucky shirt?

What if I go into an interview just throwing something on because it's clothes?

Obviously, you know your agent well even to know that there is a reason for the Jeep. And you know he drives a Jeep to use offroad because you had to ask why he is driving the Jeep or he was quick to explain himself as to why he drives the Jeep.

Blame it on human nature or the American way of life...
  9. Offline

DeebsTundra Big Tires :)

Message Count:
    Everybody has heard the saying, "Dress for success."
    I've never heard of "Drive for success."
  10. Offline

Salty_Dog Old Fart

Message Count:
    I drive to excess. Does that count?
  11. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    So the trooper is lying as well?
  12. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    You can get a Prius to 90, although I think that just might be the fastest it will ever go. It would also take a very long time.
  13. Offline

MovieSTAR i hurd u liek?

Message Count:
    Trooper wasn't driving the car, and he also is not the person who owns the prius. All he could report on is what he saw during, as well as after the fact, and even then its not super conclusive. I'm not saying he's lying, but the guy could have easily put on an act, and thats what the trooper wouldve seen.
  14. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    The trooper paced him and confirmed the speeds.
  15. Offline

MovieSTAR i hurd u liek?

Message Count:
    He also said the accelerator was stuck, yet when he told the guy to slow down, he did slow down to 55....why couldn't the guy have done that by himself? and if the accelerator was stuck, how would the officer have known? He wasn't in the car.

and 94 mph isn't impossible in a prius, their max speed was 110 last I checked.
  16. Offline

YamahaTundraV8 New Member

Message Count:
    Your right Andy :D

Andy,

It's easy for everybody on here to pass judgment but nobody was there and doesn't know the outcome in this case. So what happened if the car was at fault and right now it's a know-en Toyota has issues on there hand's. Until the final outcome is made let's pass judgment then. Some of you guy's are a little fast on passing Judgment:rolleyes:
  17. Offline

SaberJ2X Lurk MOAR

Message Count:
    I'd love to own a Prius... but they are sooooooo mild looking, even my rolla looks mean.
  18. Offline

Message Count:

I agree with your statement here if someone purchased a Scion Tc it's more your budget customer seeking the best in the price range. For those out there seeking luxury you buy a Lexus or Acura. Suv's are define into class too like for example you can be a new sr5 SEQUOIA and save money or pay a little more on a Limited like I have and spoil yourself. I don't measure success on the car/truck or Suv I drive because once it's off the lot you loose out a lot on the price. I drive product's that serve my needs and expectations and sure from time to time I get bored with them and trade them off for something else:D thats just the nature of the beast.
  19. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    Another great post.

Exactly. My wife and I make a good deal of money and Im still driving my 02 passat that has 180k miles on it. Wife is driving a 06 LS Trailblazer..... we could easily be driving vehicles that are a few steps up from the above, but I dont see our cars as a status symbol. My house is my status symbol, lol.
  20. Offline

DOT. Noypi ako!

Message Count:
    You'd be surprise, driven my friend's Prius to 110 and it wasn't a "very long time"...;)

Apparently this guy had filed bankruptcy...
    http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2010-03-12-prius12_ST_N.htm
  21. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    I knew there was something shady going on. So he's trying to get Toyota to give him a new Prius out of this "accident". Desperate people do desperate things in desperate times. Once they investigate and determine it was definitely some kind of extortion theme, what can Toyota do?
  22. Offline

Unique102 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    As to why he didn't put the car in neutral and coast to a stop, Sikes says he panicked, and was afraid that would "flip the car."

"I've since found out that's not possible, but I had no idea," Sikes says. "Hopefully, I helped save five to 10 lives because people are now finding out" how to put a moving Prius into neutral.

This Guy is such a dumb A@#. I think just about everyone including my 5yr. old cousin knows that putting a car into neutral while moving will not cause the car to flip. Did he get a stunt Prius that does special tricks when he puts it in neutral? Why doesn't he say, "You guys caught me," instead of making himself look stupid? This story sheds light on his financial problems which makes his Prius story sound even more fishy. I hope this Toyota thing is over soon becuase the media and the dramatic ppl of the world are giving a great company a bad name.
  23. Offline

vortex Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    I call BS on 90% of these claims. I've had my pedal stick before (in my Camaro, no less, LOL) and it didn't take much to get the thing to stop. Seriously, if people can't f`n get the basics of driving down, take their damn licenses away.
  24. Offline

Message Count:

Toyota gave itself a bad name in having issues with there product's lately and Honestly I think Toyota Needs to re look at the method's they had cost cutted in the last ten year's in the forms of other recalls like the Rust ones too. I had one Toyota with the recall and Honestly I'm glad it's fixed. Toyota took some shortcut's and they mentioned this and Toyota direction on "Moving Forward" should be the new direction. Leadership is based on what you say and do and lately that seems to have issues right now in our society you can't hide the real truth or flaw's.

There was a Chp Officer driving his rental Lexus Es350 and was fully trained and had issues with his floor mat's but he didn't apply his good logic to save his family because he Panic. So for everybody on these forums name calling and stating what a moron put yourself in that situation. Yea some people Panic and usually don't apply logic on making an escape route. So is Toyota to blame "Yes" if there is proof The car had problem's with a stuck accelerator. Yes we live in a sue-happy society and A Holes all the time want to benefit from personal gains but those are the SOB in life.Then again when someone wants to Sue me I just Laugh and say I'll be more then happy to Provide my attorney he is in my family (LOL).
  25. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    This finally popped up on the news. Of course they left out 80% of the real facts and made Toyota look completely at fault. A mention at his bankruptcy would have been nice.
  26. Offline

Message Count:

So what the media got the dirt out of someone are your trying to claim he did this on his own? I don't buy into a few of your guy's logic or claim's. He looked pretty scared and Honestly I don't think his bankruptcy should be a reason to overlook this situation Toyota is faced with. Toyota has a lot of claims in there hands on right now and yea there going to have to look at the fact's present and weeding out the lies from people. I just don't feel this guy presented these issues when he took his car in for the recall and his dealership mentioned he wasn't on the recall. It seemed to me his did his part but did Toyota do theres is the question mark?

That is my Logic right now

bump
  27. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
  28. Offline

Message Count:
  29. Offline

Unique102 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
  30. Offline