1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Post up your system!

Discussion in 'Interior' started by yourownreality, Jun 25, 2004.

1. Offline

Ninety Four New Member

Message Count:

Fine...besides YOU then. :rolleyes:
  2. Offline

cworkm Guest

Message Count:
    Your system is tight. Very clean. how much was it for the enclosure.. thats been my dream, to set it up like that. The sub in the back that is.

How do you like the perfect? I have the refrence in my Grand Vitara and i love it..
  3. Offline

Silver_Nitrate New Member

Message Count:
    Kenwood excellon CD player
    Kenwood excellon amp
    2 10" Kenwood excellon db subs
    Kenwood changer
    Kenwood Speakers
    Pioneer XM
  4. Offline

gnuT22 Guest

Message Count:
    Eclipse 3434 HU
    USAcoustics 2CH amp to
    Polk 6.5's in front doors
    MTX 2CH amp bridged to
    POLK 12" sub in ported enclosure.
    Dynamatted trunk and doors.
  5. Offline

Altra Guest

Message Count:
    Kenwood Excelon h/u
    Polk components, tweets & 6 1/2, eclipse 6x9
    4 channel Xplod amp
    Audiobahn 12" AW121T
    Qlogic stage 3 enclosure
    JBL power series 2 channel amp

Sounds really good :)
  6. Offline

Zach New Member

Message Count:
    It's not the best in the world. But its simple and clean.

-Pioneer AVH-P6400CD 6.5 inch in dash TV
    -Infinity 5.25 Component Set up front
    -Infinity 6x9's in the rear window
    -2 Infinity 10's
    -Infinity 1210A 1200 Watt amp for my subs
    -Custom built sub enclosure
  7. Offline

yourownreality Guest

Message Count:
    No interest in that for my corolla. I could put 10 grand into my car and it still woundnt be that fast. Its just not a good base to start from.
  8. Offline

sting Guest

Message Count:
    pioneer DEH-7550 mp3 head unit with b/ w OEL (i like the ala lord of the rings screen saver thingy)
    pioneer rear splits 180 watts
    still saving for front splits :( (plan to install a 150 watt on a flanel board finish for show)
    saving for a 4-channel amp (V12 alpine - to be installed under the front passenger seat)
    lightning audio mono amp (very powerful for a 12 inch single sub)
    pioneer max 12 inch sub (very good clarity bass sound for a single sub)
  9. Offline

killer2239 Lift at 5700rpm

Message Count:
    Kenwood Excelon series XDC-X879 Headunit. 2nd best one so far.
    2 12" Rockford fosgate HX2 subs
    1000Watt RMS Hifonics Brutus amp
    And just Phoniex Gold speakers (nothing to special, since they only play 80hz higher)
  10. Offline

KonigRolla New Member

Message Count:
    JVCkameleon h/U <--- swapping soon
    JL Audio 5 1/4" Front Speakers
    JL Audio 6 x9 Rear Speakers
    2 JL Audio 12w7's 1 JL 10W0 ( 12's on the outside 10 in the middle)
    2 Memphis 600 Watt Amps

everything rattles ! and i mean everything!
  11. Offline

ShalerPunk Guest

Message Count:
    Secondhand Pioneer CD player that my friend gave me for buying him a Quarter Pounder meal when he blew his last dollar on Jetta parts.

Kenwood speakers that I got at Circuit City for $190 with a two year warranty.

Subs are for slow cars and show cars; My trunk is empty.
  12. Offline

mncrolln Guest

Message Count:
    Pics of install and details of products on my cardomain web site

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/593265

Pioneer Premier DEHP940MP head unit
    Boston Pro 6.53 3way speakers (front)
    Boston FX9.3 6x9's (rear)
    4 Boston Pro 10.5 LPF subwoofers
    1 Xtant 4001 amp (powers interior speakers)
    2 Xtant 6001 amps (for subs)
    six bulk packs Dynamat Extreme
    2 Monster 1Far Caps
    2 Optima Yellow Top batteries (one under hood, one in trunk)
    Moster Z series wire everywhere
    Alpine 6.5 screen and PS2
  13. Offline

prophesized Guest

Message Count:
    in my car i have one of those alpine head units that pop out of the dash when turned on and hideaway when turned off.

under my bed i have 6.5" viper components, dei 1100d mono amp, and some other dei amp for my components. i'll use these whenever i get a new car.
  14. Offline

kepone Guest

Message Count:
    Head Unit- Alpine 9835
    Amps- Tru Technology t-03 4.150
    PPI TD275- Tube Amp
    Wires- KnuKonceptz and Ixos
    Front Speakers- Seas Lotus Reference 7" midbass( in custom fiberglass kick panels )
    Seas Lotus Reference 1" silk tweeters
    Sub- JL Audio 10w7 in custom acoustic MDF enclosure
    Stinger 3 Farad Capacitor
  15. Offline

mncrolln Guest

Message Count:
    Is the M&M guy a part of the install?
  16. Offline

mncrolln Guest

Message Count:
    Do you have pics of your install? You are probably the only person on here who has spent as much (probably more) as I have on my stereo, lol! Most people think that $2000 is a lot to spend on an entire system and you had to have spent that on your Tru amp! I spent $2000 for ALL the amps in my car, lol. Man I would love to hear your system, I bet it sounds awesome. How much was your PPI amp? And where the hell did you get all of your stuff? The only shop in the US that sells Seas is in WI and there in no one here in MN that can get there hands on PPI tube or Tru Tech amps, that is one of the many reasons I got the stuff that I did: it was the best stuff out there that I could actually listen to before I bought it (although I just heard some MB Quart Q series 3 ways and I think I might be getting those instead). Do you do SQ competitions or something? A Rolla is not exactly a good car to do a SQ system in. One other thing, right now your head unit is your weakest link, you should try and find a Pioneer DEX P9, Alpine F1 Status, Denon or McIntosh head unit (the DEX P9 is prolly the best sounding head unit I have ever heard, just my opinion). A 1-bit DAC and 4 volt preouts in a system like yours just cant be doing it justice. Anywayz, mad props to you! I sit here in awe or your stereo greatness!
  17. Offline

Vamp Gunmetal 2001 Corolla S

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    Gunmetal Grey 2001 Corolla S
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Kenwood eXcelon 815 headunit
    MTX 6500D mono amp
    Lightning 1 farad digital cap
    MB Quart PWD-304 12" DVC sub
    Big Dog Audio custom sub box
    MTX 8302 2-channel amp
    MB Quart PWD 160 6.5" midrange drivers with crossover
    LPG 26NAFM tweeters
    custom speaker baffle
    custom fabric grill
    custom amp rack
    Dynamat Xtreme in trunk and interior
    Sound dampening spray in doors
    Monster XLE RCA cables and wiring
    Optima Yellow Top battery

I've been tweeking my car audio recently. I finally fixed my sound imaging the other night and have much better sounding highs after replacing my MB Quart tweeters with LPG ones.

[IMG]
    I have my speakers mounted on my door panels, but I lost my mid-bass because of that. I cut some MDF to use as a baffle and mounted the speakers back to the doors themselves. This imporved the mid-bass by eliminating some of the excess vibrations.

[IMG]
    Next, I moved my tweeters down from my sail panels (the triangles by the mirrors) to the midrange drivers. They do not interfere with the midbass at all in this location. Moving them fixed my imaging problem (my sound kept getting pulled to the left). Sound quality is vastly improved. I have since then trimmed off the excess plastic from the tweeter and aimed them higher.

[IMG]
    Last, I got rid of the metal grill and made my own fabic grill. Not only can you not tell what setup I have (stealth looking to thieves), but the fabric doesn't affect the sound as much as the metal grills did.
  18. Offline

corollarcr99 Guest

Message Count:
    stocked baby lol.....I'm not much for audio. As long as it's clear ands with a little bass I'm good
  19. Offline

Supershyguy New Member

Message Count:
    bad pictures. sorry

When it was 50% done
    [IMG]

80% Done
    [IMG]

[IMG]
  20. Offline

Supershyguy New Member

Message Count:

how fast is fast?

I do :rolleyes:
  21. Offline

kepone Guest

Message Count:
    you can see pics of my past installs at members.sounddomain.com/kepone

theres nothing up there from this latest install though, im waiting until im finished and then ill put up the whole shabang at one time.. im almost done with the interior, but i havent started on building an amp rack or anything in the trunk yet.. i dont like elaborate flashy installs, and im not building a show car, so it wont be anything like that last guy's install ( although that looks very very good )

i dont do any sq competitions yet, but this system im doing now is intended for competition, i have my first SLAP show next month, and im pretty sure i'll do well..

as for head units, i dont think its the weakest link at all.. i've owned a 96 combo before, i find it to be an overpriced piece of crap... for the money you pay for that, you can have much better stuff.. the fact that its digital outputs/inputs are proprietary, really makes it suck.. and the crossover in 3 or 4 way mode is pretty terrible, especially at the bandpass point for the midbass... ive also run a pioneer p1r, didnt like that either.. i ran a rockford 8250 platinum 2000 deck as well ( its on my sounddomain site ), that deck is the same as the denon a1n, very nice deck..however, you cant really get one unless you plan to get a very expensive signal processor to go with it, denon decks dont do anything ( which is a good thing ).. they are simply a beefy power supply, a wonderful transport and dac, and some very strong rca pre-outs... the alpine f1 status deck is just that, a status piece.. you can get equal sound with an alpine h700 or h701 processor and any deck with a digital output, and that setup will cost less than $1500, as opposed to 7000-8000 for the f1 status setup.. other than looks, its really not worth it.. the alpine 9835/7998 and eclipse 8053/8454 are considered to be some of the best SQ decks on the market right now...

one other thing, the DAC truly doesnt matter that much.. 1 bit or 24 bit, single or double, it doesnt matter.. the DAC's have to process the same amount of information, regardless of how many bits it can process at once. what does matter with dacs is build quality, and the power supply used to drive them...there are very few decks ever made that have power supplies powerful enough to drive dac's to their full potential, basically only older decks do this well..denons do too...but most decks, including the p9, will clip once you start activating all the features.. the only way to really get a good dac, is to get an external one.. that makes a HUGE difference in sound..

and about pre-out voltage, that doesnt really matter either... pre-out voltage is rated using test tones, with all features turned off on your deck..nobody uses their decks like that, and in reality all you need is a half decent set of rca cables and a clean, consistent 1-1.5 volts rms during music, to have a good sounding system..
  22. Offline

mncrolln Guest

Message Count:
    Wow! Well I wish you would have been around when I was buying all my equipment. I know a lot about home audio and some car but not as much as you seem to! I have spent almost $10K trying all kinds of stuff in my car hoping for SOMETHING with a SQ even close to my home stereo. I finally bought everything I currently own simply because it was "the best" they had to offer at my local electronics store, and I am a little disappointed to say the least. Everyone else that sits in my car thinks it is awesome, but when you go home and listen to a CD then you listen to it in your car and you cannot even here some things you know are there, it is a little disappointing. I used to have the DEX P9 and I loved the way it sounded. I really felt that I got a lot more sound out of that deck than any other I have personally heard. Now I have a DEHP940MP and, while I LOVE all the tricks and gadgets it has, I would rather have the sound of the P9 with no features than the features I currently have without the sound. Granted, no body I have ever met has a better sounding deck, but still, from the home to the car, there is a huge loss in quality.

Well I wish you luck in your SQ comps and, if I ever decide to build a system again, I will definitely seek your input and hopefully put something together that I enjoy more than what I have now.

One question I have, can you take a look at the system I have now (http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/593265) and let me know what you think I could upgrade or change to improve the sound? Your feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  23. Offline

kepone Guest

Message Count:
    you've actually got a pretty nice setup..

boston pro's have always been one of my top favorite vocal speakers.. they have some flaws, lack of midbass and the tweeters can be bright, but they are good..

really, all you need to do is upgrade to an alpine or eclipse deck- with their much more advanced tuning abilities, you can really unlock your system... the only other thing i can suggest, is running more power to your subs.. 300 watts each isnt enough to really bring those subs to life.... upgrade your HU first, then double the power to your subs...itll sound like a whole new system..

if you need tuning advice, hit me up on AIM
  24. Offline

mncrolln Guest

Message Count:
    Yeah, I think it is just the lack of midbass on the Pros that are killing me. Other than that, they are better than almost anything else I have heard. I love my head unit and it seems to do more stuff than any Alpine I have seen but I am wondering which head unit you would suggest. I have also been looking at the Pioneer AVH-P7500DVD mainly due to the burr-brown DAC's and the 5 volt pre outs, but I was wondering what your thoughts were on that. I also only have room for two sub amps so I was wondering which ones you would suggest to get the most out of the subs. What do you thing of the amps I have currently? Thanks a lot for all your feed back by the way!
  25. Offline

kepone Guest

Message Count:
    theres pretty much nothing out there that does as much as the alpines with the "bass engine pro" or the new eclipses.. the only deck thats better right now as an all in one solution is the new $1500 dollar clarion drz9255... if i was going to recommend a deck to you, i would say to get the alpine 9835, 7998, 7897, or 9815, if i was recommending an eclipse, i would suggest getting the 8443 or 8053 ( if you dont care about mp3 p[layback ) or the 8454 if you do care about mp3 playback...

personally, you couldnt pay me to run pioneer in my car again.. ive had bad results with sq every time ive used one, the p9 sounded good, but the p9 processor wasnt flexible enough.. ive always found pioneer and sony decks to sound cold/ closed off.. whereas alpines and eclipses and denons sound open and airy, with good separation between instruments

as far as these new burr brown decks, im confused - as far as i know, burr brown makes op-amps, not dac's. they are known and revered for their high quality op-amp designs, ive never heard of them doing anything with dac's.. so either pioneer is mis-listing stuff, or they are jumping into a whole new field
  26. Offline

xtm "Member"

Message Count:
    here's mine. it sucks. it's a budget install.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  27. Offline

mncrolln Guest

Message Count:
    No need to be dissing on your set up...it looks nice...better than what a lot of people have...
  28. Offline

mncrolln Guest

Message Count:
    Well my Denon 2900 DVD player says it has burr brown dac's as well so I'm not sure what is going on... Thanks for the info on the head units though, I will check out some of those other models and see if I can find a sound that is more engaging that what I have now. You never did say what you thought about xtant amps though...lemme know.
  29. Offline

Hokis4ever Guest

Message Count:
    -Alpine CDA-9827
    -Kicker ZX460 (kick-ass 4 channel amp) 1 ohm stable
    -Alpine SPR-176A componets up front.
    -Nothing in the rear....
    -USAMPs 600x 2 channel
    -2 Alpine Type R's 12 inch dual 4 ohm.

thats pretty much it... very happy with it. Sounds very clean, but I will be building another box for the subs. Currently the design is hindering the performance of the subs.
  30. Offline

SBM 007 Guest

Message Count:
    Here is my set up:

Kenwood Excelon KDC X559 head unit,
    Lanzar 230 Amp,
    Lanzar 410 Amp
    Kicker speakers ( 5.25 front, 6.5 back ),
    Kicker Solo Baric L5 10' Subwoofer

Here is what it looks like

SBM 007