1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Official Hurricane Katrina Thread (all other threads will be merged to this one)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by e_andree, Aug 28, 2005.

1. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    Yes, FEMA did fail. Even though that is accurate, it also leaves out a lot.
  2. Offline

01rollas New Member

Message Count:
    Deep South, Texas , currently in Okinawa, Japan
    i highly doubt anyone will come forth until the president has them do it and once they do they will regret it,as well as to how they failed and are reluctant to admit they screwed up. Every Commander In Chief has both good and bad things like all others and i stand by him with what he has done so far and will for as long as he is the president. why others are accusing him is something that i may/may not understand but they are allowed to have thier opinion.the screw ups will get thier day and have thier butts handed to them.if i was still a civilian i'd still agree with what he has done. Slow to react ,no that is why we have local and state leaders who report to him and before they advise him of anything they should have thier shit straight and they did not have anything planned. Some are in poverty and others who are smart are stupid *excuse the language and profanity* because they refused to leave. if i was there i would do anything to help others and myself to get them to safety regardless of the situation.the knowledge is there but how you use it depends on the person itself.
  3. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    Brown, the fema director, is going to definately lose his job over this

Facts about the power struggle:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/09/03/AR2005090301680.html

Behind the scenes, a power struggle emerged, as federal officials tried to wrest authority from Louisiana Gov. Kathleen Babineaux Blanco (D). Shortly before midnight Friday, the Bush administration sent her a proposed legal memorandum asking her to request a federal takeover of the evacuation of New Orleans, a source within the state's emergency operations center said Saturday.

Louisiana did not reach out to a multi-state mutual aid compact for assistance until Wednesday, three state and federal officials said. As of Saturday, Blanco still had not declared a state of emergency, the senior Bush official said.

"The federal government stands ready to work with state and local officials to secure New Orleans and the state of Louisiana," White House spokesman Dan Bartlett said. "The president will not let any form of bureaucracy get in the way of protecting the citizens of Louisiana. Blanco made two moves Saturday that protected her independence from the federal government: She created a philanthropic fund for the state's victims and hired James Lee Witt, Federal Emergency Management Agency director in the Clinton administration, to advise her on the relief effort.

Louisiana Gov. Kathleen Blanco said that President Bush had called and urged the state to order the evacuation.

AND, the fact that seals the deal: In a Washington briefing, Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff said one reason federal assets were not used more quickly was "because our constitutional system really places the primary authority in each state with the governor."

And another Wall Street Journal article on the blame:

http://online.wsj.com/article_email/0,,SB112596602138332256-IVjf4NilaJ4nZupaoGGa6uBm4,00.html

[IMG]
  4. Offline

statik New Member

Message Count:
    He better, he shouldn't have even had it in the first place.
  5. Offline

vortex Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    haha that blame man photo has made its rounds in the office --- its funny you can hear when someone opens up their email from me with that photo in it... laughter justs rolls from office to office... nice find E
  6. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    DISCLAIMER: I for one have compassion for everything all the victims have gone through....i got these from another site.....

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  7. Offline

statik New Member

Message Count: