1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Now im all giddy.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Corolla DX-R, Oct 6, 2004.

1. Offline

CPat New Member

Message Count:
    They're probably thinking that it's Toyota based because at a glance it slightly resembles the Celica. I like it, but I doubt it'll make waves over here.
  2. Offline

turbo4age Love to Hate me

Message Count:
    that will never happen on a mass produced vehicle.... they would have to muffle it and send it through its own cat, and to do that would backup exhaust and cause a spike in boost pressure..... not to mention cost too much extra

maybe its a horizontal inline 6 and each 2 cylinders get their own exhaust.... or maybe one or two are dummies
  3. Offline

blancokracker Guest

Message Count:
    Yeh but still has anybody came up with any evidence that its a toyota. I know of the ring. And I also know Toyota wouldn't be the only one who would go there to test it. The design looks like it would come from a european manufacturer to me, thats all.
  4. Offline

Mike4831 C-Town Pimp

Message Count:
    I personally think its a stupid idea. Toyota is couldn't even make the Celica work any more. They need more cars designed for younger buyers. Making a 100k dollar super car ins't going to increase their sales. To me its a stupid idea. Although i do think it would be a bad ass car....just not neccesary.
  5. Offline

PsyVash Guest

Message Count:
    As far as whether its just a site putting up photos and running their mouths, just look at the other spy shots they have available. It appears this site isn't one to just spit crap rumors without any belief that it is true.
  6. Offline

teevee247 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    No use getting excited over a $100 000, no one on here will likely be able to buy one... Toyota needs to produce cars for younger people... call it Toyota or Scion (and sell the Scion's on Canada FFS), it wont matter... just make something for us young guys that we could possibly afford. Make a car with a base price under 20 grand with a 170~180hp engine, and have a higher performance version of the car with 230~250hp priced at 25 grand or so... and have it keep Toyota's reliability... we know Toyota can build those engines, look at the 3S-GTE...
  7. Offline

Deathsight Guest

Message Count:
    Just use that engine what the hell.
  8. Offline

Lekz Guest

Message Count:

exactly...too many jizz their pants over cars that are not even close to their price range. Toyota aint stupid but...what would be the point in making this car?! If this is made i would expect to see a performance car in the 20-30k range soon if not...toyota is missin' out on a good market.