1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Need HID help / wiring

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hummer, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Offline

Hummer Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    E39 BMW
    Need HID help / wiring

For the past 4 hours iv been working on my second projector retrofit, everything has been going fine and im done with everything but i have one issue... the left side HIDs are not working for some reason... i have undone and re checked the wiring and everything is hooked up correct... i have checked to make sure the Ballast and bulb are good on the other side and they both are... i even used a voltmeter to check if the wire that draws power to my head lights is working and it is... but for some reason the ballast is still not powering???? i grounded the wires in the right spot, tried almost every spot in fact and its still not powering... i feel like i screwed up some where and im gonna feel stupid about how easy a fix it is... did i maybe blow a fuse or something?
  2. Offline

Edwin562 SWAG MASTER

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    98 180sx
    maybe the bulb it self is messed up....

can u hear the ballast turn on?? cuz on mine, i hear them when i turn them on....
  3. Offline

Hummer Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    E39 BMW
    i already said i checked the bulb and ballast to see if they work and they do.
  4. Offline

KrypticKarma ~2001 Corrizm~

Message Count:
    Did you try swapping the HIDs from the right side to the left? If not try that and see if they work on the right side or see if the other ones will light up on the left side
  5. Offline

RinconRolla98 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    A problem I had one time was the ground wire.... It wasnt grounding right ... Thats all I can think of :)
  6. Offline

Hummer Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    E39 BMW
    woooooow, second time im saying this, i ALREADY did that.

I found out the problem how ever, it was 2 blown fuses by the ABS fuse box. Apparently voltage still travels to the headlight wire when the fuse is blown.
  7. Offline

KrypticKarma ~2001 Corrizm~

Message Count:
    Sorry man I read that yesterday and answered it today and im on about an hour and a half on sleep. Good to know you got it figured out though.