1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Need Help!

Discussion in 'Stop, Drop & Roll' started by triune530, Jun 24, 2004.

1. Offline

triune530 Guest

Message Count:
    Try also that Liquid Wrench spray then give a couple of taps on those bolts. You want to remove the sliding pins & dust boots, isn't it? Once loosen use a screwdriver & hammer, tap out the 2 dust boots.
  2. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    most likely its just corrosion between the two plates. It will come off with the right tools and force.
  3. Offline

d_samurai Guest

Message Count:
    Need Help!

ok i need some serious help now! i was going to change my rotors-and when i removed the caliper and the pads-the torque plate is supposed to come off next-so i get the bottom bolt off-the top one is IMpossible to move-but that DOESNT MATTER b/c THE WHOLE TORQUE PLATE ITSELF IS "physically" WELDED TO THE HUB ASSEMBLY-check out the pics-

here's me gettin of the bottom bolt
    [IMG]

[IMG]

this is behind the torque plate where the bolt goes in-as you can see-its compelety cemented to the surface-this is SUPPOSED TO COME APART...so im stuck now...
    [IMG]

luckily, i was able to put back all of hte old pads and shims back-so everything is fine now-i just want to put my new brembos in so bad..
  4. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    Did you take off the 2 caliper bolts as well?

I dont remember having to take that bolt off.
  5. Offline

d_samurai Guest

Message Count:
    of course-i wouldnt have been able to get the caliper off otherwise
  6. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
  7. Offline

d_samurai Guest

Message Count:
    well-you see-i coulve gotton the top bolt of if i had a proper wrench and use a rubber malet to bang that biatch right off (i was using a wratchet) but i dont think that wouldve helped me "separate" the plate from the hub assembly-it just seems "stuck" there-it might be just tons of rust-but i guess ill try it again later-im too tired right now...
  8. Offline

d_samurai Guest

Message Count:
    well thanks for the input man, im gonna try it again tomoree and if it still is stubborn im gonna come back and cry again..
  9. Offline

Silver_Nitrate New Member

Message Count:
    will wd40 help to losen the rust?
  10. Offline

d_samurai Guest

Message Count:
    no its not the sliding pins-those are a piece of cake-you just pull them out and regrease them for smoother sliding action...i'm gonna try again in a couple of hours-ill let you guys know if im successful-oh and ive been using PB blaster on all the bolts there-the product hasnt really worked for me yet...
  11. Offline

HK-Racer Guest

Message Count:
    well good luck on it, and post some pics when you're done, i wanna see :)
  12. Offline

d_samurai Guest

Message Count:
    simply put-i had no success-that top bolt was impossible-banging, cursing, bleeding, -nothing worked-so im either gonna wait for my mechanic friend to come and help me or have a shop install it-or just say "screw it" and sell the damn things!
  13. Offline

CadetLee Guest

Message Count:
    Heh..my brakes have been redone so many times in the last year or two that they come apart (relatively) easy now..

You may want to call a shop and ask what they'd charge just to break it loose for you.
  14. Offline

HK-Racer Guest

Message Count:
    http://vamp.darkravers.net/Domain.cfm
  15. Offline

HK-Racer Guest

Message Count:
    just take it to the shop d samurai. i trust them more than my mechanic works. they are pros, let them do it.
  16. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    Its an easy DIY job..............why waste the money to have someone else do it when you can do it yourself.
  17. Offline

HK-Racer Guest

Message Count:
    but he cant do it. he couldnt get that frigin bolt out.
    his options are, mechanice or friend.
  18. Offline

Silver_Nitrate New Member

Message Count:
    if in doubt take it to a shop and pay to have it done rather than force it and ended up taking it to a shop anyways and pay more for them to fix your mess.
  19. Offline

d_samurai Guest

Message Count:
    exactly silvernitrate-im afraid if i continue "humping" this bolt-some damage will result-i havent even began to imagine how horrible the other side would be- ALSO-im almost positive that the rotors HAVE NEVER been taken off since the car was built- apparently, when they resurface-they dont have to take them off the car? thats what i heard at least...