1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

My car will be done soon. Post contains all my mods :)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Blk03Corolla, Jul 31, 2004.

1. Offline

TheDruid Guest

Message Count:
    vids?? .... uhhmm.... ebrake on a turn? heheheh
  2. Offline

bzzsan Guest

Message Count:
    yeah, make some exhaust and revving videos....i'm gonna make some too, i want to see if our cars sound the same.
  3. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    They should for the most part. Do you have the CAI???? I cant remember
  4. Offline

bzzsan Guest

Message Count:
    yup
  5. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    Then for the most part we are gonna sound identical.
  6. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    OK well I have a 3,000 dollar check coming and dont have anything to spend it on. I would hate to take my familys and friends/girlfriends advice to safe it.... so basically is there anything else performance wise I can do to my car? Am I forgetting anything. I dont really want to do the LSD so other than that and a built engine which might come next year I am up for suggestions. Thanks for the help guys.
  7. Offline

ultraviolet Guest

Message Count:
    You could always send $2500 of it my way so I can get my SC! :lol:
  8. Offline

APC_MATRIX_ Guest

Message Count:
    You could forget the $85 I owe you, lol.

Rather than that, get the Unorthadox Crank pulley, you won't regret it. I'll install it for you if you want but I need an air wrench. You could come down to Bend and I'll put it on in like 20 minutes :wink:
  9. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    Have you heard of people having problems with it? I thought I read that somewhere. Oh you know what I do need though is a new battery. Whats the best one out there?
  10. Offline

ultraviolet Guest

Message Count:
    Hey APC,
    Since the UR pulley is an underdrive pulley, it is a different size than the stock pulley. Would that change the boost of the SC?
  11. Offline

RollaS New Member

Message Count:
    Why would you not want an LSD? Kind of seems like a waste of all your mods if you can't put the power down to the ground.
  12. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    Because after driving in Apc_Matrix's car I didnt think it would be worth the difference. I am not having to much of a problem launching my car right now and after looking at the decrease in times from people on newcelica.org wasnt worth the price. If it was an easy install then yea I would in a heartbeat but the whole tranny needs to be taken apart. Lots of labor involved in that. And all for half a tenth in the quarter. The biggest difference I felt was in cornering hard and I dont want to spend the money for that either. Let me know if my logic is wrong though.
  13. Offline

bewildered_spruce Guest

Message Count:
    hold on... u mean u dont think tearing apart a tranny is fun??? what kind of car guy are u? :D
  14. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    One that needs my car 7 days a week as a daily driver so I cant afford to play with it and have fun and take up that time or screw something up. So I have my shop do it all for me. That way it will get done in one day and I know it is getting done right and dont have to mess with it.
  15. Offline

bewildered_spruce Guest

Message Count:
    thats when u get a nice cheap tranny from a junkyard and when its nice and suped up u just drop it in (i guess u'd really be dropping it up? :? )

im thinkin about converting mine to maunual... i hardly ever drive in heavy traffic now and this auto's just not sporty enuf. i dont think it'd be that tough to swap one in
  16. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    To be honest I dont have that much time..... I work 60 hours a week play basketball, work out, have a girlfriend, and friends. I love my car but I am not to into doing the work. I just like finding new things to do and driving it is the best feeling.
  17. Offline

APC_MATRIX_ Guest

Message Count:
    Only the 2ZZ has problems with the UR pulley, the 1ZZ is fine for it.

And as to the boost thing, that is a point I never thought of. I think that it would lower it though, so this is something that you might not want to do.
  18. Offline

APC_MATRIX_ Guest

Message Count:
    Actually, what he said would work fine. A used tranny is only about $300 and you could have your shop put the LSD in (would be a lot less labor since it's already out of the car to begin with and then swap it in).

I would consider doing that if you wanted one. The reason it didn't make much of a difference in my car is that I have too much traction for my power now :cry: I can't launch worth crap now cause it just has too much traction and bogs down even dumping it at the limiter :?

Anyways, get a Yellow-Top Optima or what I have, an Orbital Extreme battery (it's better, but you pay for it, it's like $160).

Or you could have me sound deaden your whole car cause you know how quite it was. Even with half my windows down, it was still quieter than yours, lol.
  19. Offline

polo708 New Member

Message Count:
    Tyler, do you get torque steer?

I get MAD torque steer when I get on it... Would a LSD help that out? Or is it something different? Also, I would think the underdrive pulley would reverse the effects of your smaller s/c pulley... no?
  20. Offline

RollaS New Member

Message Count:
    That's pretty much what an LSD does.............it keeps one tire from having all the power, thus, eliminating torque steer.
  21. Offline

Blk03Corolla Guest

Message Count:
    Well I get torque steer really bad especially when I am not holding the wheel enough it will jump on me bad. I am starting to reconsider about the lsd now and may just have the shop do it. Do you think the quaife lsd is worth 1200 over the others like Kaaz or the one you have Chris. I figure seeing I am paying so much for install I want to do it right the first time. I dont want to Sound Deaden the whole car because I really dont want the added weight
  22. Offline

APC_MATRIX_ Guest

Message Count:
    You don't want to add 50lbs to your car??? Ok then, won't bug you about it again, lol.

I would go with Quaife if you plan on racing a lot but rather than that, I would go with something cheaper. I have Phantom Grip and it works fine as you can tell since it's been in Rick's car and when he took it out, it looked brand new. I'd say go with whatever you want, a ton of the Celica guys are going with Kaaz, so you might consider that. It's your choice to get the LSD as it will be a lot of money and only really worth it if you drag race often enough to need it.
  23. Offline

brownbanana ToadMotorSports

Message Count:
    did you get your clutch and flywheel installed already?