1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

My car pulls when braking

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nyrican52884, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Offline

nyrican52884 Active Member

Message Count:
    I don't think its a bad strut or spring because I replaced the struts about a year ago, and I just put in new springs about a month ago. I really think it has something to do with the suspension, because it happens when I go over uneven roads even when I'm not braking. Even when I go over the arrows in a turning lane the steering wheel moves. The little height difference of the paint makes the wheel moves, its scary sometimes.
  2. Offline

DeebsTundra Big Tires :)

Message Count:
    Alignment?

Nothing on the vehicle should be so broken that when you drive over paint, your car pulls to the side. Either you are having paranoia (which I get about things sometimes) or you have something seriously wrong with your car.
  3. Offline

keolaaina Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Yeah, how's your alighment and tires?
  4. Offline

shubert_ae102 New Member

Message Count:
    i feel yeah on the painted lines and cracks , i need my a arm bushings replaced and probably wouldnt hurt for an alignment. i have the same thing happen on the stripes and cracks. but i had 17's also. but my problem was mainly due to the needing bushings.

but it never pulled to oneside bracking , but then again i always greased my pins.
  5. Offline

nyrican52884 Active Member

Message Count:
    I got an alignment done a few weeks ago, and I didn't notice a difference. I'm going to get under my car today and look at everything. Its starting to get worse, so I want to figure it out ASAP.
  6. Offline

keolaaina Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Wiggle all the suspension components. Nothing should be loose. Also look at all the bushings. Small surface cracks are ok. Deterioration, cracked through and such are not good. How are your tires?