1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

My 1998 Chevy Prizm with 2001 Corolla Front End

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by trdracing2005, Jun 27, 2006.

1. Offline

SBUBandit New Member

Message Count:
    wow, looks like I'll be waiting a while before doing anything like that. Can't justify spending that kind of cash on a car that isn't running very well. It has 121 K miles, and needs new exhaust, 4 motor mounts, and some other random work. Unfortunately, the parts to fix these cars are the most absurdly priced parts I've ever seen, and are worth more than the whole car, so that stuff won't be happening soon either
  2. Offline

trdracing2005 New Member

Message Count:
    Finally Painted!!!

The hood needs work the guy said he would fix any dents I find and is going to wet sand it then finsh painting door jams and trunk rain lines and engine bay, I ordered the evo hood scool from andys auto sport to fix the ccurrent one. here are pics!! THESE DONT DO IT JUSTICE AT ALL

[IMG]
    [IMG]

I also talked my grandad into buying a corolla s so I can get it from him when he gets another new car :D :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rule: I pimped it home from the dealer and he drove my painted one... lol subs + exhaust = Pimpin grandad car lol or eather very annoyed lol

[IMG]
  3. Offline

jtweezy New Member

Message Count:
    whats the color code?? or how could i get that same paint??
  4. Offline

Mayur Biggest trd whore in the whole wide world

Message Count:
    What happened to my post? Oh well that car is just damn hot! It has to be the best looking Prizim out there. jtweezy, I think he said WRX Blue for the paint.
  5. Offline

trdracing2005 New Member

Message Count:
    it was going to be the wrx blue until I found out it was a tricolor which is really hard to match and if you get the smallest scratch you gotta repaint the car. I will get the paint specs and post them up here for yall. it was a 02c paint code from the wrx blue but it was mixed to be a easy match color and has over 400 grams of pearl. I will find out tomorrow when I go to my dads shop ( he painted it ) and have my upper motor mount installed and new belt installed ( broke motor mount somehow...) I have alot of problems with my engine right now, I wanna tuck the wires and get rid of the engine light I dunno whats the problem with the engine for it to have a engine check light on, I checked everything. Guess my dad and me will pull my motor and if need be do a motor swap or either get my motor bored, port and polished, Advance the timing or whatever, and polish it up some more I willl post some pics of what I have polished so far , Note on the pics.. I Have to get a polisher so I can get it to shine I did all the othe things to it so its ready for jewlers rouge, anyways I will keep yall up to date. I am trying to find black racing seats, and a 2001 corolla s steering wheel. I got my trunk finished up finally I will post some pics in about 30 - 40 minutes. Thanks everyone for the comments, I will post some interior pics and everyone give me some pointers or tips or something I should do to it, I painted my dash so it looks crappy. but anyways Thanks!!!
  6. Offline

igorien2k New Member

Message Count:
    you gotta read the code man. go to autozone they read it 4 free. then go to ur dad.
  7. Offline

Mayur Biggest trd whore in the whole wide world

Message Count:
    If your dad has an autobody shop he should have an OBDII scanner but if not stop by autozone. Its free. I got it checked out on my dads lexus and turned out it was only his MAF which btw is expensive to replace. I cant remember how much it exactly was but it was over $200 I know that.
  8. Offline

trdracing2005 New Member

Message Count:
    god thats alot for a maf sensor, I know one of my tabs to hold my maf sensor is broke but thats just the mount, I am looking for a celica intake manifold so I can do what vamp did in his diy. here are some more pics of my car, I will take pictures of it at night time so I can show you why I have plexiglass and yes the back seats are getting reupolstered and I dont know what to do about my ugly dashboard, im probably going to get a used corolla s dash and center console, door panels, a pillars and seatbelts so I can go with the real corolla interior, im looking for racing seats that are black if anyone has some links to some good ones. here are the pics: btw the intake is only temporary until I block off the maf sensor on the injen intake I got!
    by the way the hood, and the engine bay and door jambs and trunk are getting painted blue next weet when it goes in for more body work. it whas some dents still and some dripping of clear coat

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  9. Offline

trdracing2005 New Member

Message Count:
    I found out that the reason the engine check light was on was because.... well i dont know but it went away when I unplugged the battery and reconnected it.