1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

News March 1st. Don't turn on your "fat" PS3's!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by GSE21tuner, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Offline

GSE21tuner Formerly rollatuner110. Representing AZLexus.club

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    07 Lexus IS350, 04 Lexus IS300
    Give it to em, E!
  2. Offline

MacktasticSlick TRD whore with 36,000 posts, bitch

Administrator
    Message Count:
    Haha I'm waiting for Movies reply to mine lol
  3. Offline

MovieSTAR i hurd u liek?

Message Count:
    @E the pixelation at 70" is noticable to the naked eye, unless you have bad eyesight, there is also motion blur due to the pixels stretching. It is also laffable you post a rant on the internet and expect to not get called a fag.

@hummer my pc doesnt get viruses. You have to be a real fucking idiot to get a virus on a PC, and yes consoles can get viruses. You sound like those idiots who say macs can't get viruses...when infact mac viruses are more dangeours to your computer components then a PC virus.
  4. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    Sure, on the lower end HDTV sets.

And enough with the fag references.
  5. Offline

Administrator
    Message Count:
    Damn I have to go to work lol. I'll reply tonight.
  6. Offline

MovieSTAR i hurd u liek?

Message Count:
    it doesnt matter if its low end, or high end, stretching pixels will always result in pixelation and motion blur.
  7. Offline

Hummer Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    E39 BMW
    What the hell are you talking about? I didn't even notice you a apart of this conversation and and where did I insult you AT ALL? Anyone? And name calling? Where do you see that sir?

EDIT: Oh i think you were talking to Moviestar? because I wasent saying anything against you Eandree.
  8. Offline

|-Goku-| Super Saiyan

Message Count:
    hahaha, I have a Key for the beta, but haven't used it.
  9. Offline

shubert_ae102 New Member

Message Count:
    interesting...i work in electronics retail, 70" lcd...you must have a sharp. there the only ones with a facility large enough to manufacture the lcd glass sheets/pixel boardsof that size.andthe closest they have is a 73". just about every other manufacturer maxes out at 52". after that you go to dlp laser projection and mitsubishi rules that right now with theyre 82".

as for staring at a 24" screen to play games on a pc......how old is your tv? because all even the cheapie lcd tv's now a days have the video monitor port built into them. most of my customers actually use a 32" lcd tv for theyre computer monitor.

as for the rest , we have a ps3, xbox360, and wii all are setup on different 83" DLP laser projection 1080i tv's and are clear as a bell , as a display at my store.

consoles can get viruses and corruptions....xbox = red ring of death ring a bell?

having 3 computers....several monitors , several towers....is NERDY!!! dude i have a dell laptop 3gb , and an external terrabyte hard drive , and it is more than enough. theres really not anything i cant nor care to do on it than i want to.

how old are you guys? geez im 27....and really have no interest in gaming like that...sure i might flip my prehistoric ps2 on and play gt4 , or d1 gp , but after an hour...im bored. yes ive seen the new gaming systems , and played them ......no interest.

is this a car forum or a forum where a bunch of techies that happen to drive toyotas hang out on? because honestly movie star all i ever see you post is strait bull shit. rants , the usual im better than you , and this place sucks.....so why are you here?

ok sure you may be able to build a retarded super computer......but this is a car forum. what have you done to your corolla other than photoshop some rediculous boing 747wings on it? you wanna call people fags , but yet ...why dont you get off everybodies nuts.

i may not agree with some of the moderators on here but it is what it is....an internet forum. keep it simple and to the point.........fuck the dumbshit and grow the fuck up or get the fuck out. you movie star cause a lot of un needed clutter on a fucking car forum. this may be in off topic but even when its something related to a car , you always have some dumbass geek of a comment to say and get owned everytime , when you gonna learn? do you even know anything about your corolla since the whole time youve been here?

i dont know if you thinkwere all noobs , but dude we been in this shit 10 years +. c3racing , corolla-racing , vvti.net , when this place started.....and your still the same and still have the same stock corolla youvehad since the beginning...obviously your not interested in tuning it, so that brings me to my original question.....

end rant ...i just get sick of the dumbshit from people.
  10. Offline

|-Goku-| Super Saiyan

Message Count:
    Incorrect Sir. For someone that works in Electronic retail, you don't know much about screen sizes. There are several manufacturers out there that have well above 52" LCDs. Such as the Samsung 65" LCD 120hz, and the Sony Bravia 60" LCD, and also the Sharp 65" LCD. Also to point out, that many of these same Manufacturers put out 52", 55", and 57" models as well.

K, thanks bye :)
  11. Offline

MovieSTAR i hurd u liek?

Message Count:
    SC2 beta?
  12. Offline

|-Goku-| Super Saiyan

Message Count:
  13. Offline

Administrator
    Message Count:
    The XBOX gets the RROD and the PS3 gets the much lesser-known YLOD.
  14. Offline

|-Goku-| Super Saiyan

Message Count:
    I really hope you didn't make that up, or I am going to slap the hell out of you
  15. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    Make some cash on the side.
  16. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    I dont think you quite understand how HDTVs work. What you are referring to is UPCONVERTING.

HDTVs have native resolutions of 1920X1080, and no matter what the size of the television, there is no stretching of pixels on native sets if the source if HD. The motion blur WAS a problem on DLP sets, and on the lower end HDTV sets with cheaper processors. Motion blur is caused by a slower pixel response time, (strobe effect of the phospors) not stretching pixels. HDTVs have really blown up, so the technology has pretty much eliminated this effect.

Sure, you can see pixelation while watching tv on your HDTV because majority of networks out there still broadcast in 720p and your provider upconverts to 1080i/p. But when no upconversion is involved (via PS3, BluRay, TRUE HD broadcast content), you will not see any pixelation.

I have a 73 inch Mitsubishi DLP, 55 inch Hitachi plasma, 32 inch samsung lcd, 50 inch rear projection Panasonic, 42 inch pioneer plasma, and Im now looking at the 58 inch samsung plasma as my panasonic is on its last leg I think.

And just about every manufacturer out there goes above 52 inch, unless you are referring to lcd only.

My bad, wasnt meant for you
  17. Offline

Administrator
    Message Count:
    No sir, it's the Yellow Light Of Death. Very real, but mostly unheard of. It does have an easier fix than the RROD of the failbox though.
    [IMG]
  18. Offline

MovieSTAR i hurd u liek?

Message Count:
    @E

I think you are just too much of a console fanboy to realize stretching that res to a huge size like 72" will cause motion blur. It doesn't matter the quality of your TV. Your eyes probably have adjusted to it already, but it is there and can be seen by anyone who knows you shouldn't be stretching that res to that size display. It isn't even upconverting. Take a lesson in visual effects. Stretching an image will cause distortion and blur.

@Goku

I sold my b.net account for 300 dollars when my beta key was approved. Bawlin. Try to sell that bitch. Just do it discreetly. Check out the anandtech forums, people might still be looking for them.
  19. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    Not a fan boy...just knowledgeable and not stubborn, unlike you. Have you given up on the stretching pixelation comment and are now just focusing on motion blur?

Take a lesson in admitting when youre wrong. Its really apparent that you really are out of your league when talking about this stuff.

I work in the industry, so I can go back and forth with ya on this subject all day long. (Vid formats, conversion, aspect ratio, etc.)
  20. Offline

FolkenStrategos Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    failbox

:) Good play on words.
  21. Offline

SlowRolla97 New Member

Message Count:
    [IMG]

Does that make me a consolefag? :D
    Yes, they're mine/my family's. Weve owned a console based LAN center for 6 years. The pic was taken when moving into our new building. Obviously, that just a small sample of whats there. :)

PC vs. Console debates are lame, almost as lame as the PS vs. XBOX debate. Theyre all geared towards different types of gamers with different needs.
  22. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    Why not use a PS3 based LAN instead? Don't blue cell processors do a better job? The AF and Marines are using them.
  23. Offline

SlowRolla97 New Member

Message Count:
    Honestly, our largest, most competitive crowd, are the HALO gamers. Always have been. We have several PS3s and dont ever really seem to have anyone playing them. :superconf
  24. Offline

|-Goku-| Super Saiyan

Message Count:
    Lets bring the Wii, into this converstaion!

GO!!
  25. Offline

shubert_ae102 New Member

Message Count:
    yes E , lcd....and to goku.....sharp is the only manufacturer with a plant that harnesses the facilities to make larger....no one said they dont sub contract. and im speaking lcd , not plasma , and not dlp. dude i went thru 3 months of sharp/sony/mitsu/LG/phillips (not phillips any more)sylvania/RCA/and JVC factory service training...and do one week a month follow up training....I KNOW!.....i am a technician.

the largest LCD ever produced to this day and is also made by sharp , is a 125" unit , and cost are upward of $125,000.

that makes 2 of us.....

hence laser projection.....the image is in its format at the video out put processor and is then "projected" onto a screen......sheez , you dont get it do you? yes with lcd you will get motion blur and pixelation strech , but not with DLP of today...maybe on your aunts concave 1992 panasonic....projection tv.
  26. Offline

|-Goku-| Super Saiyan

Message Count:

Again...Samsung, Sony, and Sharp Make LCD's larger then 52".

Doesn't matter that Sharp makes the LCD panels for Sony, or Samsung..They still make LCD's larger then 52"
  27. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    Free Amazon Gift Card

Sony is doing a promotion giving away 25 dollar Amazon gift cards to demo their 3D TV's at Sonystyle stores. Thought I'd give a shout out.
  28. Offline

Administrator
    Message Count:
    Thank you. :D
  29. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    Ive been fortunate never to have either...knock on wood