1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Lowering a Corolla

Discussion in 'Stop, Drop & Roll' started by Woot, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Offline

Woot New Member

Message Count:
    Lowering a Corolla

I have a 2008 Corolla S, and i want to put lowering springs on it, nothing big just 1" drop, but will i have any problems with struts or shocks or any other suspension part?, ive heard different things, from "it will completely ruin all your suspention in a month" to "it will reduce the life span of your struts and shocks by 10% and nothing alse'' :superconf :superconf :superconf :superconf

Remember, i dont want to to slam it to the ground just 1" to 1.2" drop.

Thanks.
  2. Offline

GSE21tuner Formerly rollatuner110. Representing AZLexus.club

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    07 Lexus IS350, 04 Lexus IS300
    Lowering springs on stock struts WILL reduce the life of the stock struts. It's always recommended to get aftermarket struts with lowering springs.
  3. Offline

Woot New Member

Message Count:
    Before this Corolla, ive driven a 2004 Corolla for 120,000km on STOCK struts and springs, and even at that milage they showed no problems.

So how much life can stock struts loose with lowered springs? half? more?

And what about other suspension parts?
  4. Offline

xplicitcorolla99 Active Member

Message Count:
    its depend on the road condition and useage on the car,so if your car is a dd and you lower your car 1-1.5" driving on harsh road conditons your strut wouldnt last too long my guess would be 3-6month for srtut to blow.so if there is afteramrket struts i suggest you buy it and if you dont have the cash rigth now or til later just wait to install everything one time.