1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Lights upgrade kit.

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by Jae, Apr 17, 2003.

1. Offline

oxymoron Guest

Message Count:
    OK, how much is the kit with the optional fuse and what's the gage?
  2. Offline

Jae Guest

Message Count:
    The fuse is only like $10 from any like canadian tire or something.

All you have to do, is cut the Positive Wire, and hook it up on there and it'll work!

The gauge, I'm not sure, but they are strong enough for me to run 100W light bulbs for over 2 and 1/2 month now, without burning anything.

Amazing? I'd say so.
  3. Offline

minja714 Guest

Message Count:

So it turns on with the first click right of the light controls right? and if this is connected to the sidemarker turning signal light... then when you flip the turning signal switch... will the lowbeams blick with it too?
  4. Offline

stinky Guest

Message Count:
    If you hooked it up wrong then your low beams will blink with the turn lights. If you hooked it up right they will come on when you turn the light switch forward one click. So the DRL will come on with one marker lights. (they are slightly reduiced voltage) then when you click it the second click forward the regular lights come on.

You should not need a fuse on the power line. you can put your own fuse from any auto store in there for under $5 though.
  5. Offline

myshamus Guest

Message Count:
    Has anyone had any problems with these upgrade harnesses?
  6. Offline

Jae Guest

Message Count:
    I can ensure you that nothing wrong has ever happened to all of my customers so far.

CC already has 2 members stating how well the kit is. ask bzride / bigtymer2k @ corollacustomz.com

I installed it on mine, and 2 other 03 corollas that are in my neighbourhood and gave them the lights too. They are loving it.

I already shipped about 20 of these upgrades out to even acura clubs, honda clubs, subaru, mazda, and dodge, and chrysler clubs. None whatsoever complain.

Only one complain so far, from one of my customers which is that he claims I shipped the wrong ones to him, H4's instead of 9006, but Im currently asking him to take a pic of it and send it to me, to reassure.

Because I dont ship wrong, usually. :(

But we'll see.
  7. Offline

myshamus Guest

Message Count:
    do you have the harness for both the 9005 and the 9006 bulbs in one harness?
  8. Offline

Jae Guest

Message Count:
    yes.

its a dual kit.
  9. Offline

darrenwang Guest

Message Count:
    Ok, I finally DIY my own lights upgrade kit and put a pair of 5000K 100watt light bulbs.

The first thing I noticed was that the 5000K was much whiter than Silverstars and the color was really really nice. But brightness-wise, there wasn't a big difference. I mean, when I looked straight at the headlights, 5000K bulb was definately brighter than Silverstar, but on the road it's about the same, and Silverstar even seems to focus better.

So did the upgrade kit work? Well, By supplying more wattage to the bulbs, the upgrade kit somehow get the bulbs whiter and closer to the 5000K they claimed, but again, the kit didn't increaase the brightness that much on the road.

What do you guys think?

[IMG]
  10. Offline

Jae Guest

Message Count:
    It looks like it did..

just got to make sure the 100W is stable :) or else.. poof!
  11. Offline

moonshadow ||\\|||D)||\\||

Message Count:
    lol, guys just disable the DRL and get HID's, i did, now they just gotta come in sometime this week