1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Light Bulbs?

Discussion in 'Interior' started by supermann423, Jul 30, 2008.

1. Offline

supermann423 word.

Message Count:
    Light Bulbs?

so i want to change the little bulbs in the gauges to red. so far i changed the main big ones (#194) to red, but now i kind of want to change practically every bulb on there to red except the hi-beam blue thing.

they are tiny bulbs and i was wondering if anyone knew what there number is so i can find them easy at the local auto shop, or does anyone know of a site that has all the lighting information?

thanks in advance.

D.
  2. Offline

Vibe New Member

Message Count:
    lemme know if you find em. they're such a pain to find. i specifically need to replace the small led's on my A/C knobs.
  3. Offline

1337Rolla oh my

Administrator
    Message Count:
    They are labeled as "Toshiba V-2" that's all I know.
  4. Offline

fishexpo101 Get Some

Message Count:
    I thnk they are #74 bulbs - changed them a while ago, but I not 100% sure.
  5. Offline

supermann423 word.

Message Count:
    yeah for sure imma go to autozone in a little bit so ill give you a heads up...
    ill check it out but i was on the sylvania website they had the basic list of 2001 corolla bulbs and for example the license plate bulbs were 74, and the ones in the tach, were small, so i dont think the license plate ones are that small but who knows..

ok so your right, the small tiny ones (blinkers, e-brake, oil can) are #74

problem is autoshops like autozone, pepboys only carry clear white ones.. and the guy said to find colored ones or even LED ones are considered high performance so we'd have to go to somewhere else

for me theres a place on nordhoff in between mason and winnetka called PAW or PWA so yeah

as for license plate its not #74, its #194:D
  6. Offline

musserplayer New Member

Message Count:
    It looks to me like the plastic on the gauge cluster, rather than the light bulb colors gives the blinker indicator it's green color. I can pull it apart to confirm that in a bit.
  7. Offline

supermann423 word.

Message Count:
    yeah i assume thats how it is for most of the #74 bulbs on the gauge cluster, but yeah when you get a chance let me know:D
  8. Offline

musserplayer New Member

Message Count:
    I just popped the gauge cluster out to take a look. The light bulbs (which are definitely smaller than a 194) for the blinkers and high beam indicators are not colored at all. I didn't bother to check the rest, as they are all red except the yellow CEL. Unless you want to take apart the gauge cluster and put a red light diffuser instead of the current green one, it looks like you're stuck with the colors as they are now.

I honestly don't know how easy or hard it would be to make those indicator lights red, but I'm not one for finding out. I put in the big three 194's for red gauges, and I got more or less what I wanted (gauges were more orange that I expected though).
  9. Offline

supermann423 word.

Message Count:
    yeah i finished today and just have three red #194. right before exiting my car i noticed that all the other small #74 were already red except the blinkers etc. so im content for now...
  10. Offline

JordanInc ZZE110

Message Count:
  11. Offline

supermann423 word.

Message Count:
    yeah theres a place near here that i think carries single LED bulbs, so im going to check it out tomorrow.
  12. Offline

musserplayer New Member

Message Count:
    Looking back on the whole changing the clock color to red thing (http://trdforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17786&highlight=clock), Maybe you could just cut out some red plastic arrows and place them over the green plastic that colors your turn signal lights. If a red filter over a green light showed more or less red, then maybe it'd work here, too. I'm not so sure how the red LEDs would still shine red through green plastic.