1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Lexus Bashing

Discussion in 'Videos' started by TurismoDreamin, May 23, 2007.

1. Offline

TurismoDreamin ΓΡΗΓΟΡΟΣ ΟΔΗΓΟΣ

Message Count:
    Lexus Bashing

So I keep seeing this commercial on TV and thought i'd finally post up to see what others think:

This is like comparing a 9 second Honda Civic racing a stock Ferrari.....even though you'll win, in the end, you're stil driving a Civic. I think (if anything) they should've compared it to something like a Honda Accord, Toyota Camry, etc...

I will say that the last line where he says "the lexus can park itself...but for half the price, you can easily afford to have someone park the Azera for you"...that was comedy..
  2. Offline

JspeXAE102 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I LOLed when I saw that commercial on TV. But you still wont catch me dead in a hyundai.
  3. Offline

ChristianVA New Member

Message Count:
    i think they were selling the lexus more.
  4. Offline

falnfenix Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    at this point, with price a consideration, i would go with the hyundai.
  5. Offline

Ares Active Member

Message Count:
    +1

hyundai has come a long way. back in the phils, the old hyundais were all pos. they were called "disposable cars". but i guess they have put more R&D into their cars. my friends that have them like them and have no problems with their cars...
  6. Offline

GSE21tuner Formerly rollatuner110. Representing AZLexus.club

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    07 Lexus IS350, 04 Lexus IS300
    LOL. Sure the Lexus has more class but the Hyundai accomplishes the same thing. I would just shave the badging so you can't tell what it is. haha
  7. Offline

falnfenix Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    would your pride hurt that much if there were an H on the grille?
  8. Offline

GSE21tuner Formerly rollatuner110. Representing AZLexus.club

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    07 Lexus IS350, 04 Lexus IS300
    No not really but thats what I do already anyways. No badging. It just looks clean and leaves ignorant people wondering what it is. But would you agree that some cars have these new supersized badges on the car that are freaking huge. It distracts from the flow of the car.
  9. Offline

MovieSTAR i hurd u liek?

Message Count:
    i still am pretty sure the lexus has mroe comfortable leather. and i know thsi from driving both cars 1 after the other for a 1 hour drive. that and the hyundai's transmission doesnt shift so smoothly as the lexus. little things like that are the big difference
  10. Offline

Message Count:
    There was probably more fabrication involved in the Lexus using higher end materials and technologies...same reason an Enzo costs as much as it does. No one just says "Hmm should I buy a Lexus LS460 or an Azera?". Lexus prospects could probably own a fleet of Azera's if they wanted to. The Azera's are just for the average joe who wants to be Mr. Big Ballin' who probably owned a Kia Amanti before, debadged it, slapped some rims on it and tried to pass it off as a Jaguar...
  11. Offline

DaCubanSkillz Active Member

Message Count:
    same here...I'd go with a Hyundai..oh wait..I own one..lol. its a SUV tho. Either way, I have no complaints. I was debating whether the azera or the camry when I was car shopping. Only reason i didn't go with the azera was cause they couldn't work with my payments and they didn't have the model I wanted. All they had were the limited additions. So I went with the camry. Although the azera was a bit more comfortable then the camry but not that big of a deal.
  12. Offline

ShallowPockets New Member

Message Count:
    Exactly. That's the type of person who'd generally buy one around here. They also tend to not maintain the vehicle in a manner that would prolong its life beyond a year or two. Folks who can't afford a real luxury car(or the Azera for that matter) but settle on it because they could get financed. That's also why we've got a couple lots in town with barely used ones (i.e. repos) that are selling at roughly 65-75% of what one costs new.

Hyundai is making some decent strides as far as inital value as what you get for the money is fairly decent. However, I'd like to see how the new Hyundai products hold up 5 or 10 years on. I can say that the 1996/1997 Hyundais are few and far between on the road. They seem to have improved their quality, but with offering so much for so little you have to wonder about longevity.
  13. Offline

Message Count:
    It's the poor man's pseudo-Jag!.....but I love the factory LED turn signals.
    [IMG]
  14. Offline

Ares Active Member

Message Count:
    ^ that car just needs a slight drop and will look much better...
  15. Offline

turbo4age Love to Hate me

Message Count:
    the wife owns an 05 hyundai elantra. its a great little car, i enjoy driving it every time i do.
  16. Offline

01rollas New Member

Message Count:
    Deep South, Texas , currently in Okinawa, Japan
    if its an oval H yes more so in the area i live for some odd reason. otherwise i could care less.