1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

LED interior

Discussion in 'Interior' started by CaptainCorolla, Feb 20, 2005.

1. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    Do u have to paint them or do they come already tinted or w/e?
  2. Offline

Silver_Nitrate New Member

Message Count:
    the ones you buy are already painted, but you can also paint the regular one if you want.
  3. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    kewl.... I'm also wondering about the question that u had cuz I don't want to buy hyperwhite ones but the true blue ones like in the pics is there a specific model or number for that style bulb?
  4. Offline

Message Count:
    I went to autolumination and bout the #194 led that had a 100 degree lumination cuz the new ones they have might not fit.
  5. Offline

CaptainCorolla Thread Captain

Message Count:
    I used the "oval wide angle lenses" you can see my results. I'm not 100% pleased, but they are better than anything else I have seen. I bet the matrix bulbs would be the best though.

Get the blue LEDs for the best deep rich blues. The super whites look good too though. But the blue penetrates for a more uniform color.
  6. Offline

Message Count:
    yeah that's what I got, but I was looking at the new one they have and the led sticks out so I'm skeptical whether those will actually fit in the holes or not. I was looking at all possible wide angle led and the oval one that you said was actually the best one for the money. If you ever invest in those new leds they have, let me know if they fit good and how the results are.
  7. Offline

Corolla DX-R AE100

Message Count:
    hehhe my LED interior lol... so bright and blue hahha
    [IMG]
  8. Offline

ZumSpeedRacer480 New Member

Message Count:
    so 194 is the size for the 03 corolla's too?
  9. Offline

Message Count:
    more likely. I just got my 194 led's from autolumination.com, but the sent me one wrong one that I ordered so I need to take it back to them, not really pleased though. there are lots of hotspots. I'm thinking aobut putting some foil in the back of the black trim plate, hopefully this will dispurse the light more. I also ordered the new matrix bulbs. hopefully they will fit and work better than the oval ones.
  10. Offline

CaptainCorolla Thread Captain

Message Count:
    Yeah, unfortunately the oval bulbs (for 194/168) are as good as it gets, unless you upgrade to the matrix bulbs. But I doubt those matrix bulbs would fit in your gauge cluster. The 74 LEDs I used behind my climate controls are a hair too long, they touch against the surface when I twist and lock them in. I bet if they were shorter they'd look better. Of course.. they look great in my ash tray and shifter. Shifter amazes me to this day, it looks excellent. I'm always bummed though... I never drive at night, I rarely get to appreciate the full effect.