1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Interior air filter replacement

Discussion in 'Interior' started by stewardcboy, Sep 4, 2003.

1. Offline

SoCal_CJ Guest

Message Count:
    Ok I received the one from Filters-now in my previous post , works cool, $12.99, seems to be a better as in traps more crap than stock as well as cheaper than stock. fits easy too, I took some charcoal prefilter material and double sided taped it to the back side as to let the filters folds do their work on the front, or intake side and the charcoal stuff on the exhaust side of the filter, grabs some gasses and smells. Tape it good, cause if it falls, it falls into the fan, see the Filters-now filter has a frame, so I taped it to the frame, used double sided foam tape and they re-enforced it with some packing tape on the edges.....I think problem solved,,,

for those interested... you can go here and find info on the charcoal filters rating on gasses and smells...

http://www.filtersnow.com/fnobtech.php#content

Some folks may not care about the charcoal material, less allergy sensitive than I and the larger smells will also be blocked by the Filters now filter too so in that case, no mods, just slide it in, easy as stock, one screw on the outer side of the glove box, squeeze the lid a little and pop it off, pop open the filter cover, slide old filter out, slide new one in, 5 mins.

this solution is Cheaper than stock, better than stock and just as easy
  2. Offline

03ToyMan New Member

Message Count:
  3. Offline

c0d3r Guest

Message Count:
    Has anyone else tried the Filters-now Filter?

Or what other filter have you used?
  4. Offline

SoCal_CJ Guest

Message Count:

seems to work fine, if I get behind a bus I hit the recurculate button and breath clean air, the charcoal pre filter helps out the smells and the regulat filers gets the rest...