1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it......

Discussion in 'Pictures & Photography' started by Silver_Nitrate, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Offline

statik New Member

Message Count:
    Make a cover out of a heavy duty freezer bag. Tape the ends up real good.
    Or you could spray it with rubberized underbody coating to totally seal it off.
    I'm just guessing what you could do. Just make sure whatever you do will be ok. Do the ballasts have vents in them? It don't look like it. As long as there are no vents and it doesn't get super hot I don't see any reason why you couldn't encapsulate it in rubberized coating. May be a warranty issue there, plastic bag would be "safe". Hmmm... just thinking of ideas.. What about a project box from Radioshack? Maybe they have one that it will fit in. You could use foam pad to line it, then seal the box and then spray it with rubber.

Good luck.
  2. Offline

asn13oy Stepping Stones

Message Count:
    wow, them be a lot of good ideas
  3. Offline

Phozenstone New Member

Message Count:
    maybe u can just keep wrapping it with tape along with the metal bumper support, that way it protects it and keeps it steady at the same time, but still i think i would spend an extra 30 minutes to relocate it, that way at least u know its safer and you dont have to spend another $300 when ur ballasts blow out due to water
  4. Offline

Silver_Nitrate New Member

Message Count:
    so finally my 4th package arrived. It's the JDM black taillights and man what a bitch to put in. I was expecting an hour the most but it took me more than 3 hours. I had to cut the wires and extend them, re-seal some of the holes on the trunk lid where the old lights used to be attached. Now I have to buy some amber turn signal bulbs cuz it switched my turn and stop lights. Man what a night. I'll post pics soon. Oh by the way, it looks hot.
  5. Offline

asn13oy Stepping Stones

Message Count:
    JDM black tail lights? For a 98-02? Are you talking about those black altezza's?
  6. Offline

Message Count:
    ok for those who still have no idea what I'm talking about where I mounted the balasts, here is a couple of pics.

[IMG]
    [IMG]

Yes I think they are black Altezza's but none the less they are still hott.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  7. Offline

asn13oy Stepping Stones

Message Count:
    Ok, how is that location any different from mine in terms of being exposed to water?

I'm sorry but those tailights have to go........

...to me. I'll be happy to take those off your hands. But only because I feel sorry for you. =D
  8. Offline

Message Count:
    lol Not a chance. After 4 hours installation, you have to pry those tail lights from my dead body. mine is one piece enclosure balasts so it is water resistant. looks like yours is exposed.