1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

i'm excited!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by falnfenix, Aug 21, 2004.

1. Offline

falnfenix Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    i don't have the dyno sheets to post here...but once i get the car back in good running shape i'll get it dynoed myself, and prove one way or the other about the car.
  2. Offline

MizRolla98 Guest

Message Count:

Ok, well I know you despise me and all, but I found this to be quite funny. First off, it's all in experience with the type of car. I've owned 2 Corolla's. The first was a 93 which is still running with over 300k on it. No problems. Ever. The second, (obviously), is the 98. No problems. If you treat your car good, it will treat you good. That's all I'm saying. I'll also say that there are the occasional lemons out there that came from the factory and were completely f*cked. It's a rare occasion, but it happens.

How many Corolla's do you see on the side of the road smoking or broke down? I haven't seen many.. if any.

There's nothing wrong w/having love for another car, make, brand, etc. Just don't expect people to love it and have nothing but compliments for it, especially when you're on a primarily import, primarily Toyota, primarily Corolla forum.
  3. Offline

MizRolla98 Guest

Message Count:
    And in case I forgot to say,

Congrats on the car. Hopefully she won't give you any problems.

Good luck!
  4. Offline

falnfenix Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    firstly - i don't despise anyone. it's not in my nature. your issues are your own, just like mine are my own. your opinions about people really don't matter to me.

but that's another story entirely...and has nothing to do with this thread.

indeed, i'll agree that you see generally less toyotas than chevys dead on the road. that's a well-known fact. i didn't, however, buy this car for its reliability. this is the toy, and if it died on me in a month i wouldn't be too worked up about it. it's a car...and easily replaced.

thanks for the well wishes. now that the clutch is in(for a mere $50 and a case of beer...yeah buddy), i'll be able to have some fun in the car.

just have to get the exhaust fixed so its legal.