1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

i'm excited!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by falnfenix, Aug 21, 2004.

1. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    We've been through three cavaliers, and had problems with every single one of them. I would never...NEVER buy a cavalier ever again. The cavaliers and my wifes old beretta are what turned me off to domestic cars.

One of our cavaliers caught on fire in the parking lot after my wife had one of her prenatel checkups...luckily I was there to put it out. I shouldve let the damn thing BURN. She turned the key in the ignition, and the steering column went up in flames...the entire headliner was toasted, steering column melted, steering wheel gone......PITA.
  2. Offline

falnfenix Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    to each their own...i've seen the other end of it, where people love their cavs and hate to give them up. i know this car's been treated well...and at $500 for the car, i really couldn't pass it up.
  3. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    You keeping the rolla as well?
  4. Offline

Message Count:
    yep...this is my toy. will eventually be a track-only car.
  5. Offline

Turbo4afe Guest

Message Count:
    a cavalier is not the only car that will break the 12's in the 1/4 mile..
    any car will do that...

you would have just as much luck with the corolla...

and i dont consider the car at 500 bucks a good deal since is has 500K miles on the body. my .02 cents
  6. Offline

Message Count:
    ...uh, it doesn't have 500k miles on the body...it's got 200k miles on the body. suspension's all new, tranny is relatively new, it's on its second motor. everything runs, and runs well.

this motor is EASIER to boost than the corolla...so you are uninformed, m'dear.
  7. Offline

Message Count:
    when your motor and trans get stolen, you sortof lose heart in doing what you planned.

every time i get something, something else breaks.

it's highly disheartening to me, as it's my only car...till now.

...why not? people ask the same about Corollas. why the hell not? i happen to like them. they're fun(the Z24 and RS 5spd only...all other trim levels are crap), they're inexpensive, i WORK for chevy so i get parts cheaply, and i know how to fix them for the most part. to me, it's worthwhile. if it's not to the rest of the world, then so be it - i laid out a disclaimer at the beginning of my post saying i know y'all would hate it...and i don't give two shits about that. i'm happy, and that's really all that matters, now isn't it? :)
  8. Offline

CPat New Member

Message Count:
    I just don't get it...why do all this stuff to a car that isn't worth a wet fart to begin with? Why not get something nicer?

To each their own I guess, maybe one day I'll get it, but till then I'm just gonna sit here puzzled as to why your dumping everything into a WTmobile.
  9. Offline

Turbo4afe Guest

Message Count:
    ummm...where are the problems you had with the corolla though?
    getting an engine stolen is a problem that the corolla had?
    and everytime you fixed something something else went wrong?
    that narrows it down a lot..
    not hating...just asking questions that i would like to have answered, cause you seem to want to take the easy solution..
  10. Offline

Message Count:
    no, the easy solution would have been running away from the forums in general when Derrick and i broke up a year ago.

kthanxbai.
  11. Offline

kaosfm Guest

Message Count:
    If someone's excited about a project, why shit all over their dreams? I can't believe how much angst their is around here about working on a Cavalier.
  12. Offline

Message Count:
    thanks hon.

at least someone respects someone desire, REGARDLESS of the car.

isn't that why people work on cars, anyway? because they like to do it? WHO GIVES A CRAP what car it is?

bleh...the majority of you people around here sometimes give me a headache.
  13. Offline

Turbo4afe Guest

Message Count:
    Still you haven't told me any problems you had with the corolla...

sorry for the headache..hehe
  14. Offline

turbo4age Love to Hate me

Message Count:

and turbo4afe.... how do you figure the easy route is trying make an old ass cavalier fast? lol
  15. Offline

Message Count:
    hun, you're as much an attention whore for being an asshole.

fortunately, i know you're just being an ass for the hell of it...i gave up being butthurt over your little comments :)
  16. Offline

CPat New Member

Message Count:
    Fair warning, if this gets out of control I'm locking it, if not deleting it altogether.
  17. Offline

Message Count:
    be my guest. it's not like people around here actually care about the whole meaning of doing something they enjoy, anyway. regardless of what car it is, every forum's the same...you bring in another car(either another brand, or whatever) and people will gang up on said person. maybe not at first, but it ends up happening, just because the person who LIKES that car is trying to defend it to a mindless mob. screw it...i'll do what i want, regardless of who likes or dislikes it. this car is an experiment...and i don't care WHAT the car is, if i like it, i'll fscking work on it. the rest of you can kiss my bubble butt on it if you don't like it. problem with opinions is everyone's got one...and most of them are uninformed.
  18. Offline

Message Count:
  19. Offline

Message Count:
  20. Offline

Message Count:
    i wonder whats eating at you....

you do know it takes more than an engine to make a car fast right?

hows about you get into the aftermarket support for the car and the parts that YOU think are going to make it fast...... or are you some sort of engineer and can make all your own stuff

lets get back on subject and talk about your so called goals for this vehicle
  21. Offline

Message Count:
    dude...seriously...what's your deal? i'm not here to have a fight with anyone...and i don't feel the need to prove myself to you...but you're trying to pick a fight for no reason. drop whatever problem you have with me, will you? jesus.
  22. Offline

Message Count:
    so you dont even want to talk about YOUR new obsession? in a thread that YOU started to talk all about it? does this seem weird to you too?

and how is picking your mind starting a fight..... unless youve got issues and are taking something personal
  23. Offline

Message Count:
    it's not that you're picking my mind...it's how you go about it. act like an ass, get treated like an ass...you know what i mean?

i'm not going into great details about the car yet because i'm just going to drive it for awhile, to get used to the clutch. after that, i have quite a few options open to me. motor swap, turbo, supercharger, nitrous, combination of the above. didn't say it was an obsession, either...just said i liked the car, so i bought it. hell, if i felt like turning a profit on it, i could EASILY sell it for a grand to a few kids around here. regardless of the outcome, it's a benefit to me. either i'll enjoy the car, or i'll sell it and make twice what i spent on it.
  24. Offline

Message Count:
    ah, you took the words right out of my mouth.... haha, ill treat you how you beg to be treated...... and i dont care if the guy at the movie store knows mobsters either!!!

and i personally feel youre not going into great detail because you dont know shit about the car..... hey, call me an asshole and ill just keep acting like an ass..... if anything, youll be teaching me about this all powerful cavalier i know nothing about and has zero foot hold in the sport compact scene
  25. Offline

Shifty SIdeways Noob

Message Count:
    this thread iz teh funnay :)
  26. Offline

rolla02 Corollalcholic

Message Count:
    Forgot to mention, really nice car and one hell of a steal of a deal. Hope to see some good things come around with it.
  27. Offline

Message Count:
    so thats it? i want to learn about a new car in a thread started to talk all about it...... but there is no conversation?

shitty
  28. Offline

Shifty SIdeways Noob

Message Count:

i concur :p
  29. Offline

CPat New Member

Message Count:
    From what I've seen on this thread..people aren't hating on it because it's something new and different. People are hating on it because we've OWNED THOSE SAME CARS, and speaking from experience, they are crap.

If that is not the case, please feel free to post something that proves otherwise and show some facts. PLEASE.

I'm sure at one time they were considered a good car...I mean...people thought that about the 70's Beetle till they turned on the a/c and the car burst into flames....right???
  30. Offline

kaosfm Guest

Message Count:
    I still don't see why there's all this hate. The thread is called "i'm excited" and the response is along the lines of your car blows, your taste in cars sucks, you're wasting your time and money, go die a slow agonizing death and go to hell you son of a bitch. Its not like the thread is titled "my cavalier will kick your rolla's ass". Christ...