1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Hotchkis sway bars

Discussion in 'Stop, Drop & Roll' started by Tokez420, Sep 6, 2004.

1. Offline

jiggaman725 the black guy

Message Count:
    for all those who have these installed...right now i have tein s-techs (lowered 1.9 in the front and 1.3 in the rear) and i was wondering if the sway bars would scrape over speedbumps and such from the car being so low?
  2. Offline

falnfenix Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    yes, they will...if you drive like an idiot :p

i've scraped mine with Intrax springs, but i don't drive gently. just don't drive down near Damascus or anywhere near DC, and you should be OK.
  3. Offline

Dexterous New Member

Message Count:
    I got a used set and from what I can tell, the grease fittings or nipples would probably rub on the front bar and wear down/break off; also the very bottom of the front bar has scrapes.

It would be great to tap new holes for grease fittings at 9 or 3 o’clock in front mounting brackets like someone said; this will also require modifying the bushings with new inlet holes.

What setting is the firmest on the rear bar, is it the most outer holes on the bar ends or the inner ones?
  4. Offline

Silver Bullet New Member

Message Count:

The most outer holes are the softest setting. The inner most are the firmest.
  5. Offline

SBUBandit New Member

Message Count:
    I still have stock sways on my '00 Prizm, but my endlinks are really loose and I think thats some of the noise I hear now. Anyone know where I can get all four endlinks reasonable. The only prices I've found are $50 apiece. Does anyone make these aftermarket or know a better price?
  6. Offline

Message Count:
  7. Offline

baymoe New Member

Message Count:
    So I finally got my Hotchkis swaybars installed. What a difference! The car is very responsive to steering input and bodyroll is reduced even further. Initially with my apex springs and kyb struts during highspeed turning, any corrections in steering resulted in understeer and tons of bodyroll. With the new bars installed, turns can be taken at greater speeds and steering corrections while cornering was very direct and with a more neutral handling. One of the best upgrade (lowering springs, strut bar, intake) I ever done.
  8. Offline

Dexterous New Member

Message Count:
    So what setting did you use on the rear bar, was it the most outer holes on the bar ends or the inner ones, or middle?
  9. Offline

Message Count:
    middle is...well, the middle setting. outermost holes are the softest, and innermost are the stiffest.