1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Hotchkis sway bars

Discussion in 'Stop, Drop & Roll' started by Tokez420, Sep 6, 2004.

1. Offline

Hokis4ever Guest

Message Count:
    I ordered the sway bars about a week and a half ago for my 01... I'll let you all know how it is. Can't wait!!!!
  2. Offline

HispinyolaInTheCorolla Guest

Message Count:
    I ordered mine in Sept
  3. Offline

Silver Bullet New Member

Message Count:
    I waited 6 months to get mine
  4. Offline

Hokis4ever Guest

Message Count:

rephrase than - I will let you all know how it is in 6 months.... :(
  5. Offline

JspeXAE102 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    hotchicks started "selling" them WAYYY before they finish (or even started) developing them 6-8 months ago, it wasn't until september that they finish making the first batch and apparently they dont even fit right since the front bar hits the steering knuckle. Now who knows how much longer until hotcakes have their second batch ready.. after someone gunnie pig them and finds nothing wrong then I might finally buy myself a set.
  6. Offline

RollaRyder1103 New Member

Message Count:
  7. Offline

Hokis4ever Guest

Message Count:
    not happy about it, but I guess that gunnie pig is going to be me... once I receive them of course....

I'll keep you guys posted!

Mark
  8. Offline

Message Count:
    Where the FOOOK is my bar
    Man the sweats at night
    The restless sleep
    The withdrawls
    Nightmares of flipping over due to excessive body roll
    The dreams of hooking turns at 110MPH;)
    The thoughts of $250 with the $500 I saved going towards my spyder
  9. Offline

Message Count:
    Just spoke to them (Hotchkistuning) and asked for a taget date and they said, January
    I hope I dont lose interest by then cause I'm gonna redirect funds towards another car if we pass january.
  10. Offline

steve403 New Member

Message Count:
    i dont know much about sway bars, but my guess would be #3 cus it would shorten the bar, resulting in a stiffer chasis. I think! hope this helps.
  11. Offline

Hokis4ever Guest

Message Count:
    Just installed the bars yesterday... no fitment issues during install... I will need to replace the end links for the rear though... had a lot of trouble removing them. Haven't had a chance to really "test" them out, but so far I can notice a HUGE difference.... the car feels much more stable at all speeds, you can notice it more at higher speeds though. The car does not wiggle all over the place. I'll let you all know how it is in a couple of days.

Edit - this is for a 2001 corolla LE

Mark
  12. Offline

polo708 New Member

Message Count:
    I just helped my friend do his last weekend. It was about 6 hours but well worth it, that car handles! Now I need to find me a set, haha.
  13. Offline

Hokis4ever Guest

Message Count:
    Hey guys... The instructions that were supplied does not indicate which is the hard or soft setting for the rear sway bar. the rear bar has three holes for different stiffness settings. Which one is the hardest? lookin at the pic.. what number would be the harder setting? I have it set on number 1.

[IMG]

thanks for the help poeple
  14. Offline

Silver Bullet New Member

Message Count:
    # 1 is the softest, # 3 is the hardest....believe me there is a noticeable difference. I started out with #2 and switched to #3 (hard) and the car was definitely different especially on highway turns.
  15. Offline

Hokis4ever Guest

Message Count:

Hey..
    I need to change the end links because I had a lot of trouble removing them so I needed to heat it up with a torch so I can undo the nut... (it was Rusted on). The end links have a rubber "boot" type thing so in the process of heating it up, it pretty much melted off exposing the ball joint (if that's what it's called) to the elements. Now everytime I go over a small bump i can hear some knocking type noises coming from tha back of the car. I know it's the end links because this problem has occured on my 93 camry. In terms of price, I'm going to replace all 4 "front and rear" at once, so it's going to cost me about 100 canadian.. so around 60 to 70 US. They're OEM parts, just not from toyota.... who knows how much toyota would have charged.....

I thought the Bushings were poly... could be wrong though. I'm sure you can find some.... One word of advice once you get your bars.... put a lot of grease on the bushings.... I didn't put enough in the rear so along with the knocking sounds from the en links, I can hear squeaking sounds from the bushing...... It's just a minor nuisance, not a problem to fix, just a pain in the ass if you don't have access to a shop...

Not taking these little things into account, you will not regret doing this upgrade if you decide to get them... I think it's worth every penny.
  16. Offline

Hokis4ever Guest

Message Count:
    hey thanks.... going to change the setting today... even with it being on the softest i was able to notice a difference.... I need to change the end links for the rear (that thing that connects the sway bar to the strut) so before i did, I wanted to make sure it was setup properly.

Mark
  17. Offline

Message Count:
    Questions:
    1)Why do you need to change the endlinks?
    2)How much do endlinks run?
    3) Do they have poly bushings for these?
  18. Offline

Message Count:
  19. Offline

steve403 New Member

Message Count:
    wow...thats a good price..300 bucks for 15 inch..i think i'd do it!
  20. Offline

steve403 New Member

Message Count:
  21. Offline

Message Count:
    or a little more than that and get the Spoon SW388
  22. Offline

91DX Guest

Message Count:
    if u think rota is a better brand then those must be some cheaply made, tawain rims.
  23. Offline

kepone Guest

Message Count:
    i just cancelled my order.. they cant get their story straight.. when i called they said first week of december, last time i called they said " back from the powdercoater in a week ".. someone else from here called and they quoted january..lol.. wtf is up with those people... i told them to just recredit my account immediately... ill order them again once they actually exist and people have taken delivery...
  24. Offline

Message Count:
    Yep, after christmas is when the guys at hotchkistunung told me the target date of completion was for the swaybar kit for the 98 rollas.
    At that time I will bail, but for now.........I stand
  25. Offline

Montana Guest

Message Count:
    Rota wheels do break occasionally and somebody even banned them from events (I think SCCA, BUT im not sure).
  26. Offline

Message Count:
    nah, people still use rotas in SCCA events. Just went to a autoX last week and saw a 2.5rs with ROTA plastered all up on the side.
  27. Offline

CorollaAltis New Member

Message Count:
    i have the creaking problem w/ my 04 corolla too. it was making that knocking sound too and i haven't greased it yet. then i replaced my struts w/ konis couple weeks ago and it got a bit louder. also, when it was on soft setting, the clearance between the steering linkage and the sway bar is so small that when i raise my car, the sway bar actually touches the linkage already. yet, w/ all those, it really performs well. handling-wise, i have no complaints specially when i put it to the stiffer setting. now all i have to do is tune my koni struts, get a TRD strut bar, and im waiting for my rear strut bar to be shipped and my suspension will be set
  28. Offline

Message Count:
    Is their a group in my area for withdrawls from not having a part that has been paid for?
    Hello, My name is Hispinyolainthecorolla and I'm a Suspensionholic!
  29. Offline

Message Count:
    More promises, or is their really a Santa;)

We are doing some final adjustments and will be shipping these bars on
    thge
    15th of Dec.

----- Original Message -----
    To: <info@hotchkistuning.com>
    Sent: Sunday, December 05, 2004 12:29 PM
    Subject: Update

> Can you tell me the status of the fitment issue for
    > the 98 Corolla swaybar kit and the estimated ship
    > date. I purchased this back in september and I'm
    > reconsidering buying this because of the lack of
    > Information as to when It will ship.
    > Any news is helpful.
    > Thanks
  30. Offline

Shifty SIdeways Noob

Message Count:
    This is my next mod for sure after importing TEIN SuperStreet Dampers. I too am a suspensionaholic!