1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Honda Integra Type R?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ninety Four, Jul 6, 2004.

1. Offline

BLADDER_MASTER Active Member

Message Count:
    5 HP more powerful. Not much difference. TQ is a different issue though. :D
  2. Offline

FaisalCorollaS Guest

Message Count:
    In theory, Is the ITR faster than the RSX Type S?? Which one would be more expensive if they were sold in the same country as different models??

3. Offline

Lekz Guest

Message Count:
    I HIGHLY doubt Acura will bring over the Type-R dispite what falnfenix says for one reason. The k20a(ITR) wont run as well as it does in the JDM. The main reason they designed the k20a2(RSX-S engine) was so it would be able to run on 91 octane efficently ...why would they bring over the ITR cuz then wat would u do wit the k20a2? I could see them restyling the current si in to a coupe, then rebadging it using the CTR name with the k20a2. That would force them to power up the RSX-S using a new version of the k20a. I doubt neither of which will be happening cuz Acura jus put out the RSX-S ASpec and Civic Si ASpec which aint sellin shit.
  4. Offline

BLADDER_MASTER Active Member

Message Count:
    I think Honda changed the name so that the car could coincide with the rest of the Acura lineup.
  5. Offline

falnfenix Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    ding we have a winner.
  6. Offline

Corolla DX-R AE100

Message Count:
    Honda ITR... wtf isn't called the RSX type S.... i mean honda change there name to RSX bcuz insurance is so high for that car and so many get stolen...
  7. Offline

02RSX Guest

Message Count:
    plus, teh RSX-S is not a ITR. ITR in australia and soem other countries might have the same engine (better engine in japan, but same in australia) but the ITR has brembo's, recaro's, nice wheels, different colors, more interior colors, no sunroof, totally different suspension, much lighter chassis, along with being lighter overall, no AC, no radio, LSD....u get the idea
  8. Offline

XS PSI New Member

Message Count:
    I also believe that acura will not bring the "RSX-R" here but the octane excuse was given to us and other people before the dc2 type-r came to the states. One of there major excuses was that the b18c5 would make the same 170hp or slightly more than the gs-r motor made here because of our gas, but this has not been the case.

If they do bring it here what would the price be? $27,000-$28,000? I can name many imports and now a domestic car in that price range that would tear the DC5 TYPE-R a new asshole. This is one of the main reasons that they have not brought it over here. They don't see any potential buyers other than the diehard honda fans and that would not be enough sales to make a profit.

At the time when the usdm type-r came out there weren't many cars in its price range that could compete with it on the track and on the street. Now there too many.
  9. Offline

02RSX Guest

Message Count:
    considering the ITR has a much beefier track-bred suspension, LSD, 20 more hp, and is a hell of a lot lighter (i think at least 300 lbs iirc) it would definitely beat the S. The S can run i think mid-14s with a good driver, ITR should be in the 13s. both stock figures.

and i agree with what lekz was saying, there's no way the ITR will come over, because with 91 or 93 octane, it couldn't get nearly as much power, making it rather pointless, though of course it would be lighter and all, but that doesn't fit in the acura lineup then, without all the options and stuff.
  10. Offline

Lekz Guest

Message Count:

the b18c5 is the usdm type-r engine and it makes about 195 hp
    the b18c is the jdm type-r engine and it makes about 210 hp
    and so your not confused b18c1 is the GSR/Sir-G engine...it makes 170hp

the jdm b18c makes more power cuz of the octane rating they have over there but your rite its not a big excuse. Like xs psi said the main reason i see it not happening is that there is too much competition. Will you buy the car? I can answer for u...no beacuse i can see the car coming to 28-29k. Too many faster options at that price range. If your on honda's jock then i could see someone buying it and alot are on honda's jock but not enough to justify bringing the R over. the Civic R has a better chance. If u really want the car import it but id be as much as an STi if not more.