1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Got on the dyno....again...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RollaRyder1103, Jun 11, 2004.

1. Offline

SkyAce2004 New Member

Message Count:
    yeah man, relax, im not bashin on you, i was simply bein sarcastic. jeeze, pple take shit too seriously. good luck on the project
  2. Offline

TurboRolla21 Guest

Message Count:
    Here is a few...
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  3. Offline

LowRolla Will work for turbo

Message Count:
    actually, I wasn't disappointed at all - I set out to prove that Toyota underrates the 1zz in print, and did exactly that by dynoing 122.5whp and 118tq stock. So, I wasn't disappointed at all lol.

(yes I understand what point you were making, and it's generally true, but sometimes I just can't help being a smartass lol)
  4. Offline

Deathsight Guest

Message Count:
    Nice car man. How much it costed you to turbo? Was it custom?
  5. Offline

SkyAce2004 New Member

Message Count:
    TurboRolla, nice work, good luck. what kinda numbers do u want to pull out of all this when ur done?
  6. Offline

TurboRolla21 Guest

Message Count:
    It set me back about $3500 installed and yes it is a completely custom kit. Took about a week to have it done.

And skyace...Thanks and I hope I get around 180 to the ground give or take a little...And hopfully, after I get everything (clutch, tranny work, shifter, and dyno tuning) I hope to run 9.20's or better in the 1/8th.
  7. Offline

Deathsight Guest

Message Count:
    3500, nice, cheaper than kits out there. What is it better about a kit? If its passing that test they do to the cars then that dont mean anything to me, anything besides that? I dunno about saving up for such a thing since my car is auto, it wont have the same results :(
  8. Offline

TurboRolla21 Guest

Message Count:
    Well, I got everything as follows... Garrett t3/04 turbo, spearco intercooler, Vortec FMU, Blitz BOV, custom manifold, custom piping, camry injectors, Zex plugs, ApexiSAFCII, Apexi Turbo timer, autometer gauges...Um that about sums it all up.

Yeah the auto is going to slow you down a little, I would suggest a tranny swap if you do indeed do it.
  9. Offline

Deathsight Guest

Message Count:
    Maybe I doubt I do that, saving up that much would take to long, would spend it on something else. But if I get a job or something Ill most likely do it cuz wont take long to save it up.