1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Generic windshield......

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by SolidSnake, May 1, 2003.

1. Offline

SolidSnake Guest

Message Count:
    Generic windshield......

Is anybody experiencing excessive chips / cracking from rocks or other road debris hitting the windshield? I've got dings and windshield chipping all over my windshield (I think 5 spots). This hasn't happened on any other car that I've owned, especially one driven for only a year....Could it be that the windshield is made with a cheaper than normal material?
  2. Offline

yeye Guest

Message Count:
    Damn thats messed up bro... I havent had any problem so far*crosses fingers*.... BTW u drive bhind trucks or SUVs alot?
  3. Offline

moonshadow ||\\|||D)||\\||

Message Count:
    well i have only had one but that was my fault, i was following this truck that was carrying dirt. take it to the dealer and complain, see what they say.
  4. Offline

stinky Guest

Message Count:
    mine is all pitted and has small chips. I have had it for 1 year as well. But where I live its normal for a car to have a HUUUGE crack across the whole thing after 1 year. I am generaly not impressed with the paint on this car and the windsheild too.
  5. Offline

xflywonthanhx Guest

Message Count:
    mine is kinda chipped too, the dealer said they wont fix it because it's my fault for driving in hazardous areas
  6. Offline

Tro1086 Guest

Message Count:
    Man the front of my car is really getting chipped up bad, and iv only had the car since October, and its only got about 13,000 miles on it, my moms subaru has close to 40,000 and you can count all the chips on one hand. It would take me and all my budies to count up all the chips in the paint on my corolla, the paint on these cars seems to be pretty pathetic, im starting to get a lot of chips behind the rear wheels now too, i gues just from them kicking up rocks. My hood only has chips in it about 3 or 4 inches up, but the front bumper is just covered, and im even getting chips on the A-pillars, and a nice little crack in the middle of my windsheild. I live in wyoming, so theres a lot of highway driving between towns, but the traffic on the highway isnt that heavy, so your not tailgating people close enough to get all the rocks they kick up.

I dunno, it just makes me sad when i look at the car close, theres chips in the paint everywhere, even on the back, and the car is kept in the garage when its not in use.

I really do think the paint that toyota used was kinda crappy.

Trevor
  7. Offline

Nyconx Guest

Message Count:
    that almost goes for all new cars that are painted. they have less lead in the paint knowadays creating weaker paint. This has been mandatory in the last two years I beleive for automakers to use.