1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Evolution of DeebsTundra (56k!)

Discussion in 'Truck & SUV' started by DeebsTundra, Apr 4, 2008.

1. Offline

DeebsTundra Big Tires :)

Message Count:
    Evolution of DeebsTundra (56k!)

First three are the beginning. Purchased from Stevinson Toyota, August 8th, 2003. Toyota Tundra, Phantom Grey Pearl, SR5-Access Cab.

From the dealership, bone stock. Still had the Dunlop HT's on it.
    [IMG]

Rear shot.
    [IMG]

Front End.
    [IMG]

I upgraded the wheels random to the Limited Edition 2001 Tacoma wheel. Bought them off a buddy who bought his truck, then immediately ripped the stock wheels off and went aftermarket. They are still stocker wheels, but not quite as ridiculously ugly as the ones on there originally. I can't remember exactly when the Luverne Step Bars went on either. (Which need to be replaced after a thousand or so trail miles.)

About a year later, maybe more I found a pair of Clear Front Corners, and within a couple weeks after that found a tail-light that was identical to stock, except the top lens is clear instead of orange. I can't seem to find the picture right after the corners were installed, so this one will do. And is fun to look it. :thumb:

Corners:
    [IMG]

Tail-light comparison:
    [IMG]

Later, I finally decided how to do my exhaust. I wanted to get rid of the two stock mufflers and replace with a mild but deep toned Magnaflow. The tone turned out perfect. On the highway at cruising speeds there is very little drone, but in town if you jump on it, it certainly roars at you.

Original Exhaust:
    [IMG]

Upgraded:
    [IMG]

Then, for a long time, nothing happened. I did a little thing here, like replacing the corner and tail light bulbs with Silverstar's. Those of you local to me remember the days of when I had a clear tail-light lens and a white light. ... those hurt. Rear Headlights almost. There was plenty I wanted to do but was going thru financial trouble and just didn't have the money to do anything aftermarket.

Very recently, as in... about a month ago, I came into some extra money. Of course the first upgrade was the Grille, Bull-Bar and PIAA 510's.

New Front End look:
    [IMG]

While randomly browsing around, I happened to stumble across an LED 3rd brake light, and really liked it. (Especially due to my stock lens beginning to yellow and fade)

Stock Third Brake Light:
    [IMG]

Upgrade Putco:
    [IMG]

Since the day the truck drove off the lot, I made a specific account specifically for the lift, rims and tires. During the financial issues, I had to drain the account several to pay for more important things. Originally the idea was to run 35's using the R.C.D. 6" lift. That lift is still running $1900 just for parts, not including installation. So when I located a way to run 33's without spending thousands of dollars, I jumped on it. The account had slowly been building up funds again, and it was an opportune time. I had decided about a year ago 35's were a little too much. 33's were all I've wanted for a while now. So I put in the order for the American Racing Trench. 16x8 wrapped in 285x75r16 BF Goodrich All-terrains. This is up from my stock 16x7 with a 265x70r16. In order to run these I needed to lift the front end only. (The back well can support up to a 35 with no modifications.) The Bilstein 5100 with the adjustable spring perch allows for a lift of up to 2.75 inches in the front with no replacing the original coil. Well, after many conversations with suspension buddies, they suggested to just go for a whole lift, instead of just a straight leveling. So the Wheeler's Off-road Alcan-made Add-A-Leaf's pick the rear end up an inch and a half. So the truck actually lifts about 2 inches from stock height, along with the added dimension of going from a 31 to a 33 inch tire.

With that being said, the before and after pictures from lift installation. I used Vortex's daughter's bike as a representation of how much the truck went up.

Stock suspension, 31" tires, stock wheels:
    [IMG]

I tried to take the same three pictures as the very first three in this thread. Lifted, wheels and tires:
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

That's all folks. Thanks for watching the evolution. :thumb:
  2. Offline

Message Count:
    July 15th, 2009. Magnaflow Duals.
    [IMG]
  3. Offline

Message Count:
    Well, hit a patch of ice on a bridge back in March. Been in the shop for 48 days (what a clusterfuck and still don't actually have it back.) But when it comes out, it'll be sporting some black LED lights made for a 2005, along with 17" Black Rock Viper 900b with Goodyear AT SilentArmors. Pics to follow, if I ever get it back.
  4. Offline

Message Count:
    Update: Without typing the whole story out, truck still isn't done, but it's being pulled from this body shop, who is going to court with allstate for insurance fraud. Big mess, truck is at a Toyota dealership getting worked on.
  5. Offline

Message Count:
    Waiting on a full de-badge for updated pictures, new parts list includes:

Truck completely repainted, all prior body damage fixed (albeit a poor job)
    285x70r17 Good Year Silent Armor Wrangler ATs, wrapped around Black Rock Viper 900B.
    2005 Black Housing LED Tail-lights
    -Autolumination 7440 Red Led-replacement bulbs in the turn signals
    Two new certifit headlights
    2 new clear front corners
    -Autolumination 3187 replacements going in here as soon as I order them. Silverstar doesn't make a 3187A anymore. :(

I know, I know, pics or it didn't happen, pics or gtfo, where's the proof, etc. Debadging saturday, then washing, will take a couple pics and have them up soon. I refuse to take pictures of the truck with my emblems crooked as fuck.
  6. Offline

MacktasticSlick TRD whore with 36,000 posts, bitch

Administrator
    Message Count:
    Can't wait to see it, I don't like trucks but yours is pretty cool.
  7. Offline

Hummer Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    E39 BMW
    You have a sick truck man, the only thing i would change is a bigger brush guard, though I do like the one you have now which isent too bulky and out of place, just right.
  8. Offline

Message Count:
    Current state with mods list:

285x70r17 Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor AT's.
    17x8 Black Rock Viper 900B
    Magnaflow 3" dual exhaust.
    Black Housing 2005 Led taillights.
    Autolumination 7440's in the rear, 3187's in the front when they come in.
    Wheeler's Offroad .75 Add-a-leaf in rear, with Bilstein fixed 5100's.
    Bilstein 5100 Adjustable Shock in front.
    1" Transfer Case Drop.
    Putco LED Third Brake Light
    Clear Front Corners.
    Toyota of Houston grille, with v8 emblem off a landcruiser.
    Debadged.
    Westin 3" Ultimate Bullbar with PIAA 510's.
    Pioneer Touch Screen double din deck with SD card slot ( :D )
    Cobra CB in dash, antennae mount hard-wired.
    Back up camera goes in next week.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  9. Offline

vortex Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    muuuuuuch better now. :)