1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Engine el prototypes still exists?

Discussion in 'Powertrain' started by RacingSolution, May 28, 2004.

1. Offline

RacingSolution New Member

Message Count:
    $115 shipped Needs a new filter but includes K&N Filtercharger kit
  2. Offline

POBI Guest

Message Count:
    what year is ur corolla?
  3. Offline

Lekz Guest

Message Count:
    go to an exhaust shop and have them bend u some piping. If u really want a cai...its not hard to do.
  4. Offline

RacingSolution New Member

Message Count:
    What I have is EL Prototype's CAI from back in 2000 .. powdercoated grey (has some scratches on it)... its for a 98-00 (non vvti only).. doesn't have a filter (I can include the old one, but its smashed and dirty) ..

Works fine.. I dont use it because I have a turbo now.
  5. Offline

blancokracker Guest

Message Count:
    I was thinking. How could would modifying your air box into an SRI be? LOL It would look ghetto as hell, but I wonder. Like just remove the bottom of the box and find a way to prop the top up then rubberband or find some way of keeping the filter in. Another way would be to dremel parts of the bottom out of the airbox. This way it will mount in and won't have to worry about the filter falling. Just an idea Im too lazy to try doing it and taking off my weapon r sri. Though Im pretty sure the sound would be a hell of a lot meaner.
  6. Offline

d_samurai Guest

Message Count:
    nah...the ghetto intake box wont sound any better than your current weapon-r...the only thing that might sound bettter is an el prototypes CAI, or any 100% aluminum tube that resonates giving you that awesome growl, tuby sound...CAI will generally sound deeper-b/c of the pipe length-but if it goes down into the fender-like my pvc...itll be muffled and you wont hear it too well..