1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Engine dumb question

Discussion in 'Powertrain' started by HK-Racer, Jun 27, 2004.

1. Offline

AlaricD Guest

Message Count:
    Well, if it's that, then there's nothing to worry about--- sorry to have alarmed you!
  2. Offline

HK-Racer Guest

Message Count:
    oh god!! what a relief!!! for a minute there, i got so godamn panick. phew...good to know everything is A ok.
  3. Offline

HK-Racer Guest

Message Count:
    and i almost had a heart attack from that. lol
  4. Offline

laz Member

Message Count:
    This thread is funny. Sorry. HK-Racer, that is normal in every car. It is condensation that forms in the exhaust system from standing with the enigine off. It happens more in the winter time. You will see in very cold days all cars smoking from the exhaust system. Some of the things that people described here are accurate, but only when other factors come into play. I just found it funny that people jumped to conclusions.

Anyway, I would not worry about it if it is only the little smoke in the mornings, and after your car has been standing still inthe cold weather. If you are standing idle in a hot day, and you see white clouds of smoke coming out of your exhaust, then that is a critical issue.

Long time ago I had an accord that had bad seal valves which would burn oil and smoke from the tailpipe only when sitting idle and on. I replaced the seals and it fixed the problem.

I had my rolla with an ELP CAI for 6 years now, and no smoke has come out. I have driven through downpours, and not a problem yet.

Good luck man,

X
  5. Offline

HK-Racer Guest

Message Count:
    yeah thanks for the info man. im much more relieve now.
    i just see a lil white puff of smoke when i start the car in the morning bout 9:00- 10:00am
  6. Offline

w1ngzer0 Guest

Message Count:
  7. Offline

w1ngzer0 Guest

Message Count:
    cool, man more info.

so out of all this chat. We covered 2-3 possiblities on why it would have white smoke.

1.)valve seals might need to be replaced
    2.)headgasket might need to be replaced
    3.)condensation if it is cold outside

No, it wasn't accidently posted. If you think about it.
  8. Offline

d_samurai Guest

Message Count:
    haha-this is great! i have the same thing hk-racer-whenever i turn the car on in the morning-even on summer days- a poof of white smoke comes right out and then disappears-also the offensive smell of burning gasoline may be noticed as well-which is normal- however-you should only be aware of the "color" of the smoke-white is ok, but blue means your in deep shit.blue smoke means only one thing-oil is burning up....my parents camry had this-and they brought it the dealership-they had to replace head gaskets-luckily-warranty covered it...but in your case-its all normal!
  9. Offline

HK-Racer Guest

Message Count:
    whoot whoot!!! im feeling so much better now knowing all this.
    thanks alot. :)
  10. Offline

Silver_Nitrate New Member

Message Count:
    Usually if water gets sucked in by your intake, your car will vibrate to hell then. In cold wheather you can definitely smoke come out. and from time to time, you will see a puff of smoke come out if there is water evaporating from your exhaust. If water ever gets in your engine, flush your oil immediately. the good thing about waters is that they separate from the oil, so if you drain your oil, water should come out as well. =)
  11. Offline

HK-Racer Guest

Message Count:
    water away from oil? what if its just a little bit of water?
  12. Offline

Message Count:
    even if its a drop of water, it will seperate itself from the oil. if its more than that then flushing your oil will solve the problem. =)
  13. Offline

HK-Racer Guest

Message Count:
    thanks for the useful tip man. i never did know anything about all this until i posted my dumb question post.
  14. Offline

Message Count:
    its all good, glad we can help.
  15. Offline

AlaricD Guest

Message Count:
    If the oil on the dipstick is ever clumpy and grey, though-- then you have some problems...
  16. Offline

d_samurai Guest

Message Count:
    yeah-when i got water in my engine-the first thing i did was let the water drain downwards-and the next day-i did an oil change and flushed it out by pouring a whole quart in the crankcase-and letting it drain out...