1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Drop Zone Coilover question

Discussion in 'Stop, Drop & Roll' started by fastrolla96, Dec 10, 2004.

1. Offline

fastrolla96 speedbumps..yum

Message Count:
    I got them with KYB gr2. The ride is pretty good and their a decent coilovers. Be prepared to do some modifying to make them fit well and to be satified with the drop. First of two of the top hats might need to be grinded to make the hole bigger to slide on the the strut's shaft. Then the rear sleeve extends 2 inches higher then the strut so you need to cut that to keep from bottoming out.
  2. Offline

BLUEXRS Guest

Message Count:
    Drop Zone Coilover question

Anyone have any experience with these? The price looks reasonable, but what about the quality? alot of folks go with the teins, but I want more that 1 or 2 inches of drop to make the 18's I have look even better. I know ride quality will suffer with that much drop, but I can live with that since I would like an almost show quality street XRS.
  3. Offline

baddrunk69 Guest

Message Count:
    They work good for you Fastrolla96? I heard Drop zones are crap. I forget where I read it but I've heard bad stuff about them from other members.
  4. Offline

fastrolla96 speedbumps..yum

Message Count:
    I had to do some modifying to make them good. Like I said earlier, I had to do some cutting of the sleeves to keep from bottoming out and so to get more travel. Compared to other coilovers I don't think they are as stiff so its a good ride with KYB GR2 struts. My friends say they are surprise how good it rides compared to other cars. I also had to take alot off the bumpstops to make the car not bouncy. I would have gone with springs like everyone says, but I need to be able to raise the hight of the car so I can get it under jacks and lifts when getting worked on at shops.
  5. Offline

BLUEXRS Guest

Message Count:
    STill debating getting them. I want more than one inch of drop to get that slammed effect. Springs just won't cut it since changing them won't get the look I'm after.

Appreciate the info though.