1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Don't race the wrong GTO..

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by JLee, Aug 10, 2005.

1. Offline

Ninety Four New Member

Message Count:
    Yeah if a car comes up to you with flashing red and blue lights, I would just stop. Otherwise they'll charge you with evading an officer, resisting arrest or some other random offense.
  2. Offline

TurismoDreamin ΓΡΗΓΟΡΟΣ ΟΔΗΓΟΣ

Message Count:
    e andree, im a man n the only things that i look at as im pretty sure everyone else looks at as well, are the pictures...so u have to scroll more than half way down the thread to explain what youre talkin about...between the first post and that particular post, there is nothing interesting to read bout...and even in that thread, im not the only one that feels the way i do bout taxes...im sure a traditional police car's insurance is gonna cost much less than that of a new GTO's and im sure it guzzles down much more gas than a normal police car.......there are dollars that go into that car, and taxes see one way or another into it but they probably see more than a normal car would....and what if there's a high speed chase reaching speeds of a 100+ mph, what are you gonna do with a car that high profile, what, bump the rear end of the car in pursuit and cause it damage or would they even want to risk doing anything to that car deeming it basically useless...wow it can go fast and keep up with high speed pursuits and put innocent motorists at risk (which i kno ur against), im sure, but nothing that a helicopter can do and from a safer perspective...thats just my input...
  3. Offline

JLee TD05 3SGTE

Message Count:
    The V8's in Crown Vics aren't exactly economical..the last officer I rode with said he goes through about a tank a night (5pm-3am shift).

All officers in Gainesville Police Department have laptops with wireless internet access -- 250 officers..laptops were about $3000 apiece. Where'd the money come from? A large (international) drug bust.

Since your taxes aren't paying for it anyway, why do you care? If you would read the thread, maybe you would've caught it...but maybe it would slow down your growing postcount.. :p
  4. Offline

01rollas New Member

Message Count:
    Deep South, Texas , currently in Okinawa, Japan
    crown vics,impalas,tahoes,suburbans,yukons,jeeps,expired edtions (expeditions), camaros SS and Z28's, corvettes 2 (ZO6 models), chevy,ford, and dodge pickups and vans. in mexico they have camaros,stratus, dodge rams, tahoes, and crown vics.I have yet to see a GTO or a magnum.
  5. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    good to see that your trying to justify your lame reply..so its too much work to read the entire thread? so why are you on a message board? And it doesnt matter what car a police officer is driving...the insurance premiums are the same. And how is a GTO any more high profile than a modified crown vic?

Just give up...your arguments have no basis. And Im not against high speed chases in many instances..you cant even compare that to riced out street racers.

Some departments dont have the leisure of having a helicopter...they have too many of their citizens bitching about the costs...like you.