1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Dont buy XBOX 360!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by e_andree, Nov 19, 2005.

1. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
  2. Offline

TRDxrs New Member

Message Count:
    HAhahahaha, What a conversation...like I said, XBOX 360 vs PS3 same old $#!T. Last time it was the "playstation 2 is gonna be way better than the XBOX" what BS that was and now its the same thing. Get over it playstation is gonna get teabagged by Microsoft again. With a mouth full of balls there's nothing left you can say! Well maybe mmfmfffthmmmmmffm....yeah you can play next round as soon as your done down there!
  3. Offline

ob1murry New Member

Message Count:
    I would say it is you that doesn't understand software development as a business. Software development has never been about simplicity. If it was, every company in the world would use Visual Basic as oppossed to C++ or JAVA, HTML instead of Script or ColdFusion or PHP. It is about how you can make money. Fact is PS2 outsold the XBOX by quite a decent margin last time, and will probably do so again, mostly due to loyalty from the sony fans and many peoples hatred of microsoft. Potential is more important than simplicity. If XBOX 360 has 14 million users who will poetntially buy the game and PS3 has 20 million who will potentially buy it, which makes more sense? It doesn't matter if XBOX 360 games can be written in plain english and PS3 games have to written in assembly, game devlopment will probably be dominated by the PS3.
  4. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:

In order for it to happen again, it would have had to happen a FIRST time.

Explain to me how Microsoft has teabagged the PS2......considering over 100 million
    PS2's have sold worldwide to the XBOX's measly 20 million.

Oh, and here is a picture of the 360 power supply:

http://ghostbusters360.ytmnd.com/
  5. Offline

TRDxrs New Member

Message Count:
    What was the last great game to come out for PS2..hmmm, can't think of any? Oh wait Kingdom hearts right! hahahahahah, please. PS2 might have sold more consoles but the games for it suck! I mean really man, Don't even try to say Socom 3 either. Same exact game as part 1 and 2. PS2 is for little kids, oh I mean pre-pubecent boys. People just hate on Microsoft because they did it right and boughtout every great software idea and development company out there before they got too strong. Its ok to go buy an XBOX man your friends won't care. Contrary to popular belief owning a Sony Playstation wont make your entertainment system JDM.
  6. Offline

Denver Rolla 98 impreza

Message Count:
    umm I'm going to have to go with the gran toursimo series... mainly GT3... I hate to say it but I had much better games when I had my PS2 than with my X-box.. if you want to call a system prepubesent please look at say game-cube or well any of the nintendo systems that are out now...
  7. Offline

sxlostv1 New Member

Message Count:
    i have a HDTV flat screen and i still wouldnt get a xbox360. such a waste of money. i bet theres a shit load of bugs in the programming too. for however much it's going to be selling during the holiday season, 6 months from now when there will actually be a good selection of games for it, it'll go down 50 bucks. electronic trends suck!
  8. Offline

Barnacules 100101101011011

Message Count:
    Damn straight.

Forza Motorsport owns the whole GT series.

Being a software developer I think I can safely say that I understand the business. Simplicity and code re-use plays a huge part in developement of games. That is why most games have an engine that they carry forward though many games with slight changes and modifications because it would be too painful to start over every time. If XBOX 360 can make creating these engines and libraries far simpler then games can come to market faster. You can come back with whatever you want. But the bottom line is I like Microsoft and you obviously hate them so we're sitting in our corners throwing dung, get over it :) And as for your comment about the whole world using C# or Javascript, well guess what. A SHIT LOAD OF PEOPLE DO! And its not because they can't create the same thing in C++, its just that they need the rapid developement to bring there stuff to market fast. But I'm sure you already know that you were just looking for shit to say :>

Every game for PS2 that was also published for XBOX showed that the XBOX had better graphics and smoother game play. That would be one teabag :) The other teabag would be that XBOX live gave users a really easy powerful tool to go online with tons of titles and battle it out. The PS2 required extra hardware unless you had the 2nd generation unit and even then only some games had online support and it wasn't very standardized. Another teabag would probably be the HDTV support that later came out for PS2 but was horrible and looked like garbage on it. I don't think I need to go on. Also as for posting the picture of the 360 power supply, I do think that thing is absolutly HUGE! But that just shows that the unit consumes a lot of DC power and they didn't have room in the box for the power supply. Who is to say the PS3 isn't going to have the same if not a bigger power supply? Hell they might even put theres in box so there unit is HUGE! But we won't know for sure until they ship.

I almost cried! Don't post such horrible pictures! :shutup:

Wow, this thread is starting to eat some serious time to keep up with, I'll wait for another big block of responses before I reply again so I can jump onto some new topics. And BTW I never did get an XBOX 360, they are sold out of every place in Washington state. So just like everyone else that didn't get one on opening day I will be waiting for the next shipment.
  9. Offline

SlowRolla97 New Member

Message Count:

This entire reply makes me think you are one of those "pre-pubecent boys" you mentioned.:rolleyes:

Thanks E, now Im going to have to find that sticker to put on all the 360s at the business, LOL!
  10. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    GT series, Devil May Cry series, GTA Series, Jak series, Metal Gear Solid Series, Resident Evil Series, Final Fantasy series....

Lets think of some exclusive XBOX games....hmm.....Halo......Half Life......hmm......thinking.......help me out here........Dead or Alive Extreme Beach Volleyball??!?

Hehe....either way, I may be arguing FOR the PS2 and the PS3, but regardless, Ill be buying a 360 when they are available.

http://www.break.com/articles/xbox360prank.html
  11. Offline

teevee247 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    They're driving a 01/02 Corolla :D

Queue long alley with 2 long black marks going up to 2 brake lights up in the distance... queue tag line "Corolla. The pranksters getaway car."
  12. Offline

Paolino SolidTuned

Message Count:
    Yeah Sorry TRDxrs your point is pretty invalid. I'm willing to bet you were drooling over the PS2 when it came out just like everyone else was.

Dre,
    Need for Speed Series too. :)

Half Life doesn't count as exclusive though. It'd been out on PC for years. XBox mearly 'ported' it for xbox. :)
  13. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    And Ill be waiting for an XBOX lover to come back with "Well, when most of those game came out for the XBOX, the graphics looked better"....which is your opinion. But it proves that the PS2 has trumped teh XBOX in ales, no doubt.
  14. Offline

Denver Rolla 98 impreza

Message Count:
    I will ad mit Xbox had better graphics, but thats due to a much larger unit try toting around your xbox that thing weighs a ton... and as far as online support... you have to PAY 45 bucks a year to even think about going online with the xbox... also you could play some PS2 games online with dial up... x-box I don't think so!... non't get me wrong I love my x-box but in my mind I saw the PS2 as being better all along except for graphics...
  15. Offline

vortex Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:

eh, I dunno -- see I was always an AVID Sony guy. Still am to some degree, but I've shifted some towards xBOX due to some of the features it has that appeal to me. Sadly, I wish they could play both the gamesets that they have out, but alas they don't. I personally think both have some REALLY good qualities over the other - but it brings it to a balance. the XBOX however, integrates into my home network *MUCH* cleaner and thus it appeals to me greater than the aspect of a PS3, at this point. I dunno - perhaps i'll make some killer money this next year and I'll own both... then I can have my cake and eat it too. I see many flaws and many great points about both units, but as I said earlier - the balance is a wash. They *BOTH* have a lot to offer, however - depending on what you're planning on doing with either, that has a HUGE play in what you're more geared towards. I won't dog on a PS3 fan nor will I dog on a X360 fan --- everyone has their preference, thus the phrase - "to each, his own".
  16. Offline

ob1murry New Member

Message Count:
    Well being a developer myself, I can say without hesitation, you are 100% wrong. Simplicity has never played a large part in software development. I notice you completely skipped over the part about PS2 having more "customers" that would potenitailly buy the product. Why? Because I am 100% right on it, and there is no counter-argument.

Are you serious? Where on earth did I say I hated microsoft, your pulling stuff out of your ass. I defy you to show me where it was so obvious that I said I hated microsoft.

Proof that you must be one of the shittiest software designers alive today. You are saying people use Javascript rather than c++, strange since javascript is a damn web language and c++ isn't.

A shit load of people use it, yes. But guess what. Those are the same people that more than likely do not have a programming job and just sit in their room writting shitty applications. And guess what else, thse shitty applications, written by these crappy programs, are often the first things to be hacked, why? Because plain and simple, javascript, VB, whatever else, offers so much less security than c++ or especially JAVA. So you go ahead and take the easy way out, I'll do it right the first time.
  17. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
  18. Offline

teevee247 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Hahaha, nice! Is it running Windows? :p (I know, just a friendly jab)
  19. Offline

Ellada New Member

Message Count:
    Apparently he didnt download the available updates/patches!

As a computer programmer myself:

let me tell you a funny story. While i was coding at my office this morning, i said: "What the hell, let see what the folks at a message board i visit are doing today." So i went to this thread and the members were fighting. What for? ha...get this: they were fighting to see which one is better: the 360 or the PS3! haha..and none of them own any..HAHA

--end of story..
  20. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    You arent serious, are you? :D
  21. Offline

Message Count:
    Whatever dude :) Your as bad as e_andree hehehe :) Not to mention your a total retard. First off since when is java and javascript a web language? last time I checked there are runtimes for most operating systems to run stand alone scripts and applications? You must really be out of the loop at jack in box working as the senior cash register repair man. And as far as me saying you hate Microsoft that was completely based on your assult of the XBOX 360. If you actually like Microsoft but just hate there console then I was in error and I'll step up and appologize for that. And as for you calling me the shittest developer in the world I think everyone will agree that you have absolutly no information what-so-ever to make that claim and your just doing it out of rage. My primary language is C/C++ but for rapid developement purposes and creating automated test's I use C# to decrease the dev time. I can't beleive I'm actually replying to something so stupid, oh well I took the day off so I guess its not that bad hehehe :) Also who cares if the PS2 had more customers, they were first to market? We're going to see that change this time around hehehe :)

I completely agree, thats a good post :)

Final Fantasy is comming to XBOX now, sony might get the ram-rod on that one :) Most of those other titles already exist for XBOX also and with damn better graphics and smoother gameplay, like GTA San Andreas. And as for exclusive titles on the XBOX? Well let me make a little list for ya.

Project Gotham Racing 1,2
    RalliSport Challenge 1,2
    Spliter Cell 2: Pandora Tomorrow (Sweet ass game)
    Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 1,2
    Star Wars: Republic COmmando
    Steel Battalion (Crazy awesome mech warrior style game)
    Unreal Championship 1,2
    Halo 1,2 (PS2 couldn't pull off HALO of it life depended on it)
    Crazy Taxi 3: High Roller (I love this game)
    Counter Strike (This is a hell of a lot of fun on life kicking back on your couch)
    AMPD 1,2 (Best snowboarding game ever)
    Just to name a few...

Anyways I'm also going to own both consoles no matter what so I still am not quite sure why were all still sitting around pissing on the Fire Hydrant :) I'm going to change my argument from XBOX is going to whoop PS3 because that arguemnt was founded on you shitting on the XBOX first by creating this thread (And talk all you want about that not being you motive, I don't care now). But I'll wait for the PS3 to come out before I deal it a full judgement, but by the time that happens I'll already have a XBOX 360 broken in with a ton of games so I hope PS3 has a huge launch with a lot of titles.

Good ol' reliable PS2
    http://www.championshipmanager.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?threadid=29879
    http://forums.videogamereview.com/showthread.php?t=2007
    http://www.freq.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000211
    http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/print?board.id=hdd&message.id=2595&format=one
    http://eurogamer.net/forum_thread_posts.php?thread_id=23440&forum_id=1

:D

Don't rag on XBOX 360 for crashing, there are going to be bad units. There is not an electronic on this planet in production that doesn't have a bad unit from time to time. Sheesh. Plus it may not even be the unit. Hell not even the 8bit NES was reliable, I'm sure you guys all remember freqently bouncing your cartidge tray up and down like a basket ball and blowing though the circuit boards until your cheecks hurt :) Which actually brings me to another question, Did anyone back in the day actually own a 8bit NES that never exhibited the problem I just claimed? I never found a single person that had a unit that didn't have this problem and I would like to meet the person that actually beat the odd's :)

Wow, the sun actually came out and the fog has cleared! Sweet, I can finally go start disassembling my CarPC to give easy access to the ECU for when I boost.
  22. Offline

ob1murry New Member

Message Count:
    Wow, the good old your a retard attack. Stop acting like a four year old. First, learnt o read, when once did I say that JAVA is primarily a web language? Javascript is. I can use coldfusion administrator and run coldfusion applications locally on my computer, does that mean its not a web language? That is the worst thing I have ever heard.

Why do you assume that because someone disagrees with you, they hate the XBOX? I'll tell you what, if you can show me where I assualted the XBOX 360, I will wire transfer you two hundred dollars. Because never once did I assualt the XBOX 360, I said PS3 will probably sell more units because of sony's customer loyalty and because too many people hate microsoft. Man, I let the XBOX have it. Wow, I can't believe I wasn't struck down by a lighting bolt. Fact is, I think microsoft is a great company, and I hate it when people talk shit about them. When they reveolutionize the industry sometime, then they can talk. I think the XBOX is a great console. My offer still stands though, you prove my assualt of the 360, and I will wire transfer you 200 dollars.

As for me being the senior cash register repair man, aren't you the same guy just whining about how I had no information to call you a crappy programmer? Funny how you make assumptions now and it seems right huh? But in case your interested, nope, government, sorry, no cash registers here.

Lastly, based on everything you have written here, I don't care how much you deny it, you appear to be the damn worst programmer I may have ever encountered. Any programmer with a tiny amount of skill would realize that. It's horrible that you think saying you program in c++/C make syou a better programmer, I programmed in C when I was in 8th grade, your nothing special.

Here, I'll do it shitty programming stye so you can understand.

<desepration>
    OMG, I can't believe I responded to a post this stupid, your a retard.
    </desperation>
  23. Offline

Message Count:
    Wow, easy cobra ;) Now you breaking out with the crazy <desperation> xml tag, Wooooo :) Damn your a self-righteous dude, I hope it makes you sleep better at night hahahaha ;)

Actually, you do cover your tracks pretty good with all the "probably"'s that you use. So I guess I can't stick you for that $200 for openly bashing XBOX. But its obvious that you are a PS2 soon to be PS3 fan boy :)

Hmmmmm, and I'm the 4 year old eh ;) You have not seen a single peice of code I have written and yet you still claim that "Any" developer could say that I'm no good, wow. I like it how you pull in "Any" and "Everyone", etc to like build this virtual army to back you in your assult :) Hmmm. Also as for you programming C in 8th grade that does proove something, that your a idiot for saying something so stupid after smacking me down for saying that C/C++ is my primary language. Besides I was programming C when I was in 6th grade so you don't have shit on me bob. And I was programming Apple Basic when I was in 2nd grade. The fact that you think you can tell so much about someone based purly on text writtin in a heated forum goes to show that you really have issues. I'm actually enjoying this thread now more then ever ;) Keep them comming hahahaha. I wont be albe to respond again for a few hours because I really need to go do some work on my car so you have plenty of time to draft up another assult that chews me out for assulting? Wow, I love bigots hahaha.
  24. Offline

SlowRolla97 New Member

Message Count:
    I have come to the conclusion...

SlowRolla97 > XBOX360

:rule:
  25. Offline

Message Count:
    Hehe :)
  26. Offline

ob1murry New Member

Message Count:
    Actually it would be an html tag. You see XML is designed to store data, not display it. Without storing data, it is just regular html. Congrats on your superior programming knowledge.

Saying one system will probably outsell another means that I hate it now? You better get a better grasp on the english language. But surprise, you couldn't prove jack.

I also didn't resort to instantly calling you a retard and say your post was stupid.

I'm saying you keep proving yourself to know less and less by responding with things that are 100% wrong. Such as your XML comment above. The retard approach proved to be too much for you to digest.

Wait, i'm an idiot for "smacking you down", which wasn't at all my intention. Yet you proceed to do the same. By your own logic, that makes you an idiot, congrats.

The text has nothing to do with it, its the answers you give and ideas that you express.

Damnit, it is assault, assault damnit. Yes, because I have so lashed out at you. But your 100% right, I chewed you out big time, just like I made fun of the XBOX so badly.

Do you know what a bigot is? How have I discrimintaed against your differences in ANY way?
  27. Offline

gain guide New Member

Message Count:
    Last night's news next shipment is mid-Dec.
    Tonight Walmart employee said, next year in March.
  28. Offline

Message Count:
    Hahahaha, its an HTML tag eh? Well then why didn't it get resolved? BECAUSE ITS NOT IN THE HTML SPECIFICATION, You totally made yourself look like a fool on this one. XML allows for any naming and HTML only allows for certain tags and yours was not one of them.

Basically you did

100% wrong? Sure, your the one that thinks anything with <>'s around it is HTML, think again, and before you come back with your text book "When did I say that anything with <>'s around it is HTML" you did claim that your tag was HTML and not XML but only XML spec would support the use of that tag's name, not HTML. Your just making yourself look bad now.

You are intolerant of my comments and point of view and combat me on every front and claim to be completely right when you have nothing to back it up except your own experiences, that in my book makes you a bigot. Your also a hypocrit for pointing out that I'm an idiot for saying that C and C++ are my primary languages when in your same response you point out you have been programming C since the 8th grade. Give it up dude you lost :D :D :D

Also by your own logic your a worse developer then me based on your posts, but I don't truly beleive that because as a professional developer I do not rate peoples developement skills based on non-code related questions in a car forum ;)
  29. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    By creating this thread? I started this thread by saiying: Dont buy XBOX 360 unless you have a HDTV, or youll be disappointed. Barnacules......prove me wrong........
  30. Offline

Message Count:
    You started this thread with a subject that says "Don't by an XBOX 360". Your message inside of the topic was a little more specific but it was the subjet you chose that bothered me in the first place. So I guess that means I proved you wrong from a self-righteous standpoint. But your right, this thread is getting way off base with petty bickering between members. I'm back on topic from now on. I beleive at this point that the Sony PS3 could be better or worse then XBOX 360 and I will not be able to give an absolutely solid answer until after I owed both for a decent period of time.