1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Dont buy XBOX 360!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by e_andree, Nov 19, 2005.

1. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    No, PS3 will destroy XBOX. Hehe. And ya wanna know why? Because Sony is sitting back and watching the XBOX's downfalls, and will take advantage of it. They havent rushed into things to make a quick buck. I understand Microsofts theory though.....they dont want a repeat of the PS2, XBOX launch a few years ago. Theyre sick of being in second place.
  2. Offline

Barnacules 100101101011011

Message Count:
    Dude I hear ya, but keep in mind that the thread I'm currently in is called "Don't buy an XBOX 360". So if you wanna gripe about being close minded you should probably slap e_andree too.
  3. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    Once again, READ READ READ. The thread title was to get people in here, and re-read my first sentence in this thread. (in regards to HDTV, etc)

Youre just out for a fight, and you can usually hold your own, except this time youre making yourself look like a chump.
  4. Offline

Message Count:
    I'm making myself look like a chump? Boy it looks like your the one not reading :)
  5. Offline

SlowRolla97 New Member

Message Count:
    Just so you know that Im not siding with one company or the other, I own 2 gamecubes, 5 or 6 PS2s, 13 or 14 Xboxs, and 2 XBOX360s(with two more on their way and more to be ordered). So as you can see right now Im a huge XBOX fan because of the multiplayer capabilities. I want to see the PS3 in action because I think it will trump the XBO this time around:)
  6. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:

YES, youre whining to him that IM the close minded one since I posted this thread....yet the Dont Buy an XBOX 360 is related to the sentence: Unless you have the money to get the premium package and have an HDTV setup.

Can you argue with that? Usually I dont mind these arguments with you, but youre totally out in space this time

Lets not forgot how all this got started:
    This didnt start out as a PS3 vs XBOX360 thread....you made it into one though

Explain
  7. Offline

Message Count:
    We'll see :) You might be right. And thats a hell of a game console system you got going there :) You should post a pic that would be impressive.

I'm going to end this right here. Your getting a little out of control and upset, maybe after you chill we can get going on this again. Your telling me to fuck off in other threads so I'm thinking its time to just let it go.

http://TRDforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5022
  8. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:

Wow, thanks for the link.....like I forgot where I said that.
  9. Offline

SlowRolla97 New Member

Message Count:

Well, my family owns a competitive console gaming business. Its called Game Knights. One of the first in the nation that I know of thats strictly console. We get people that bring their PCs to LAN, but we dont provide the PCs for them, just consoles. We have every XBOX in the entire place linked together and online. We have TONS of controllers and somewhere around 250+ games. Mostly multiplayer games for the XBOX and single player for the PS2. We have had the top players in the nation for Halo come to compete. Halo 2 is by far the biggest thing there. Weve made as much as $1800-$2000 in a single night. Admission is $10 to get in, no hourly rate. Admission includes all the games you want to play and controllers to do so. We have a DDR setup which get ALOT of attention and also a 10ft. projection screen to play movies or games. All the chairs are nice leather chairs and some are even message chairs and a few couches. We also have a ping pong table and a air hockey table, all for the cost of the admssion, no additional charge. We sell candy, chips, and microwavable foods. About 6 months ago we started selling the energy drink Bawls. On Friday we are actaully sending a sponsored team to a competition in Georgia. We've been open for I think almost two years and are doing very well:) Anymore questions, just ask.
  10. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    Thats awesome.
    [IMG]

Matthew Leto, last years Halo champ
    [IMG]

Oh, and already people are complaining about getting DEAD XBXO 360s
  11. Offline

Message Count:
    Wow, people already getting dead 360's and it isn't even out yet. Wow, thats pretty bad.
  12. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    Yeppers
  13. Offline

gain guide New Member

Message Count:
    >>>I'm just curious...you got the 360 yesterday & 2 of 'em :confused: ?
  14. Offline

7MGTTEConcept MK3 #2? maybe..

Message Count:
    the only issue that I've heard with the xbox 360's is that the cheaper one is NOT backwards compatible with the older xbox games....you would have to spend the additional $100 to play your old games on it.

I'm not going to choose a side here...but I will say that both consoles will have their respective games, such as halo 3 for the 360 and vision gran turismo for the ps3. The only problem I have with microsoft is that they plan on releasing halo 3 the same day as the ps3's release in hopes to destroy the ps3's launching party....but I heard that they are going to release vision gran turismo with the ps3's release....that'll change things and keep them regulated...
  15. Offline

corollarider19 New Member

Message Count:
    no way iam saving my cash the ps3.. i think sony will just blow the market away... tho it would be nice to have enough cash to get both.. honestly i think these game systems in few years will price themselfs out.. i cant see a standard person just getting one with the rate these prices are hiking
  16. Offline

SlowRolla97 New Member

Message Count:
  17. Offline

Bulletproofswordsman JDM Oroku-Saki

Message Count:
    /\ thats dope. itd be fun to work someplace like that, specially family owned
  18. Offline

vortex Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    Keep the poo fling down to a minimum folks... This wasn't a vs thread so don't make it one. (as mentioned above) --- i'll get trigger happy with mod buttons if it keeps up.
  19. Offline

Ellada New Member

Message Count:
    Halo 2 is out?????????? WTF?!

haha..
    This thread was a very entertaining read.
    ATARI is still the shlt!
  20. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:

Yeah man.....I just played Halo 3 on my new PS3 too
  21. Offline

Ellada New Member

Message Count:
    Now real question: Will you be able to play Halo 3 on a regular xbox?
  22. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:

Hmmm...good question. I would think they would apply it to both consoles.
  23. Offline

7MGTTEConcept MK3 #2? maybe..

Message Count:
    but I wouldn't count on it....
  24. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    They go on sale to the public tonight at midnight. I think Im going to go out and try to get one..HAHA

Ill go to Target....and then sell it to my mom for my brother for 550..haha

Im hitting up Costco in the morning too
  25. Offline

Message Count:
    e_angree, if you get some sell them on ebay for $1000 each. But I doubt you will get ahold of any.
  26. Offline

Azn_SpICe New Member

Message Count:
    so who stayed up all night playing? or trying to get a hold of these?
  27. Offline

Paolino SolidTuned

Message Count:
    My friend just bought one. We hooked it up over lunch and it look tight. The coolest feature to me is that you can power the console on /off from the controller. :) No more getting up when your done to walk over to the damn system. :D
  28. Offline

DeebsTundra Big Tires :)

Message Count:
    Back to the original post in this thread...true, XBox 360 is set-up for HD, surround sound and all the expensive goodies out there in the technology world.
    But it's going with the flow.
    Technology advances. With the "low-def" tvs being phased out for hi-def, why wouldn't Microsoft market towards this? It's the same reason VCR's and tapes aren't floating around much anymore, they've been replaced.

I believe Microsoft did the right thing. They are in business to make money, and you don't make money building your product for low-end technology.
  29. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    This is true, and the gaming industry has been geared more towards mid 20 year olds anyways. But they really didnt have much choice anyways.....theyve basically hit a wall with what they could accomplish, so they had to step it up.
  30. Offline

Paolino SolidTuned

Message Count:
    Dre,
    I remember reading an article some months back about the gaming curve and how it hit hard in the 80s/90s then had a huge drop and now its big again. You hit the nail on the head I think about hitting a wall. After enough systems saturated the market, the only thing improving were graphics and titles. (which hit a cap after a while) The technology as far as gaming itself was not really going anywhere apparantly. You can only improve the graphics of a game before it finally gets old to the people and you realize its not the graphics, its the GAME. Now system developers apparantly (according to the article) realize that people want something new, they want growth. Online gaming was a huge step with the systems and I think Microsoft harnessed that one really well.

Also, they are adding features apparantly to take this system to the "entertainment console" level instead of replying on gaming alone. If something does more, it can appeal to more people and offers more paths of growth.

Hmmm wow that WAS a bit of rambling, eh? :)
    Did any of that make sense?