1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

DIY for neon lights?

Discussion in 'Interior' started by wildFIRE, Apr 27, 2003.

1. Offline

ufo724 Guest

Message Count:
  2. Offline

wildFIRE Guest

Message Count:
    i cant view the pages .. links not working i think
  3. Offline

oxymoron Guest

Message Count:
    Copy and paste. They'll work that way.
  4. Offline

wildFIRE Guest

Message Count:
    that looks tite man..... you have a toggle switch... i was thinking about that too but not sure how you hook one up.. how did you hide yyour wires and stuff... do you mind kinda having a step by step instruction on how you installed it .. liek how you removed the lighter and stuff... make it kinda simple to understand =) i'm pretty much clueless
    tahnx a bunch
  5. Offline

ufo724 Guest

Message Count:
    here is my hosting site

http://www.geocities.com/kidakarma724/

that should work

ok sure

items you will need: duck tape, zip ties, razor blade, screw driver +, extra wire, (toggle switch optional)

step 1- cut of cig adapters on units (dont splice wires togther yet)

step 2- zip tie one unit under dash (driver side is easier than passenger) I tied my to random wires under the dash, the passenger side you have to get a big zip tie to reach wires just look up there and you'll find some

step 3- get the passenger side wires across to the driver side ( you have to go under the center console you shouldnt have to take anything off, just feel around and work the wires through) there should be to wires the + and - wire

step 4- now having 2 wires from the passenger unit and 2 wires from the driver side you splice them together , but using your extra wire, make 2 wires into 1

example: take the passenger + wire and the driver + wire and the extra wire and splice them together so you get a Y shape thing.

Do this with the 2 - wires too.

*************if you want to put the toggle switch in this is where you do it************
    *****************if not then skip this step******************
    step 5- Now your your 1 + wire and attach it to your toggle switch also attach the - wire. then attach 2 more wires to the other end of the switch.

step 6- Using the negative wire look under the dash for a screw that is attached to alot of medal. Make sure the medal is attcked to the body in some way. If its not the next step will be very hard.

step 7- this step may take awhile but just take it slow.

Look behind the brake pedal. there should be a black switch so that when your press on the brake your 3rd brake light will come on.

This is what i used to connect my + wire too. Since the connections were open and it was very close to my switch this is what I used.

To find out where to stick the wire turn the switch on and make sure the neons are on, and using the + wire stick it in varies connectors to find a hot wire.

When you find a hot wire the lights should turn on. To secure the wire in place use the tape and tape down the wire so that it says in place in the slot. If you do this correctly it will not move. I have had my lights in for months now and have had no problems.

For this to work you have to make sure you did step 6 correctly.

step 8- using the zip ties zip togther loose wires and tuck them in under the carpet or up in the dash. It is very anoying when thw wires hang down and touch your feet.

That about does it hope this helps. Let me know how it works out.
  6. Offline

envy03Rolla Guest

Message Count:
    neons...

I have coral pink street glow neons under my dash, and under the 2 front seats...so the entire floor glows. im a chick, & i have a black S, and im doing all the interior accents pink, its looks sweet..not rice.
  7. Offline

wildFIRE Guest

Message Count:
    heh wish every girl was liek you hehe
  8. Offline

wildFIRE Guest

Message Count:
    hey so how didi you manage to install so many lights did you connect all teh wires and hooked them up the way ufo described?
  9. Offline

ufo724 Guest

Message Count:
    wildfire did you install your lights yet?
  10. Offline

envy03Rolla Guest

Message Count:
    neons

wildfire- i just ran the wires from under the seats up to under the dash...then attached the wires to the fuse for my headlights...yeah, i know, not al girls can be like me...im one of a kind..haha
  11. Offline

Baby Lex Guest

Message Count:
    I'm right there with ya, Envy. I'm a chick that LOVES CARS!!! I'm running blue neons underneath my seats right now. I have the indigo ink blue color car, and I love it. The car is dark, and the neons are birght blue, so it looks tight. Everything minus my white gauges is blue (dome light, headlights, neons, cd player, etc.) I am either going to be getting a blue or white underbody soon (i'm still deciding). We shall see though on what color i pick.
  12. Offline

wildFIRE Guest

Message Count:
    not yet ufo hehe ....i'm drop by target see if they sell any good ones.. was gonan bid on some but dang they kill you witht eh S&H haha so i'm check out Target 1st... other wise i might have to bid for some on ebay and wait liek a weekhehe .. tahnx for the info tho man ..... i'll tell you when i'm done hookin it up hehe
    man where can i go find girls who are into cars to hah then they can hook me up with car tips..... i've had my 03 corlla for a while and been dieing to fix it up .. but dont wanna mess with the engine yet.. gotta keep that warrenty valid as long as possible hehe...

man i never thought this thread would get so many responces haha .... even tho most of them are form liek me and ufo haah
  13. Offline

envy03Rolla Guest

Message Count:
    warranty

hey wild...life is way to short to live by your cars warranty! Hook it up!
  14. Offline

imported_Zero New Member

Message Count:
    hi Suzi! good to see you on the board! How do u like your Teins? :D

your car looks great w/ the black headlights!
    [IMG]

oh yeah...nothing is hotter than a girl thats into cars! :D :wink: 8)
  15. Offline

ufo724 Guest

Message Count:
    WORD!!!!!!!!!, any girls have pics of them and there rides????????
  16. Offline

envy03Rolla Guest

Message Count:
    Hey Zero...thanx for postng the pic...lol :D I have the springs in my trunk..puttimg them on hopefully this friday... I need to post a new pic of my car with my rims..ALT X-files...17x7 205/40Z R-17......they look SO nice...and i'll post a pic of me with my ride...lol.
  17. Offline

ufo724 Guest

Message Count:
  18. Offline

imported_Zero New Member

Message Count:
    wow u got ur wheels already? cool can't wait to see pics of u and ur ride! :D 8) :wink:
  19. Offline

DisOrDeR Guest

Message Count:
    If you want, you can get EL Wire for computers, they run at 12volts also, so you can wrap whatever up or outline something with those if you want that effect, just a thought...