1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Engine disabling the speed limiter?

Discussion in 'Powertrain' started by corollarider19, May 22, 2004.

1. Offline

HK-Racer Guest

Message Count:
    hm... i dont think they have corollas on there. nope, i see none.
  2. Offline

BLADDER_MASTER Active Member

Message Count:
    It's not like you're gonna get it.
  3. Offline

RollaRyder1103 New Member

Message Count:
    back when my ride was bone stock I hit my governor @ 117 mph on a trip 2 magic mountain, which I researched to make sure it was 117, since the speedometer only readz 110, but I have a modified ecu that raises my redline slightly and eliminates fuel cut off and governor, havent had the road 2 test it out though, i bought it off some1 when the old vvti was up and i dont think he ever used it, but i've got it in and i love it. I have a 99 rolla auto, the redline used 2 be around 5750 rpms and now i can hit 6500 rpms. I dont know how any of the modificationz were done 2 the stock ecu though, but it was done and i am pleased w/ it, sorry i couldnt be of more help on how it was modified.

i got pulled over doing like 105 mph once around like 1am on the 10W on my way 2 LA and they made me walk a line and shit and i told them i dont drink (which i dont) and they asked me how fast i was goin i guessed 90-95 and he said try 105, i gave a kinda :eek: look and he said just slow it down and drive safe, and he let my ass go!
  4. Offline

blckwidowrolla99 Guest

Message Count:
    well.. if you lost your liscence and you still go 100+ mph driving on a normal day soemtime during the week.. disabling the speed limiter doesnt sound like a bad idea.. o wait maybe it does well for another month or so till the Liscences' are back
  5. Offline

corollarider19 New Member

Message Count:
  6. Offline

TurboRolla21 Guest

Message Count:
    I have hit the governor once in my car...It was about 117. I was on the interstate running my friends V6 Mustang...LOL, I whooped him till then but after it cut off, he came right past me...Damn governor!
  7. Offline

turbo4age Love to Hate me

Message Count:
  8. Offline

TurboRolla21 Guest

Message Count:
    LOL...good point
  9. Offline

Mike4831 C-Town Pimp

Message Count:
    Well I was in my friends built Integra GSR when he got pulled over for doing 110. Trust me it was the worst experience I have ever had. I had to sit in a jail waiting room with another friend of mine while the driver was in a holding cell. Not to metion his car was impounded. We were 2 hours from my house. His mom had to pay 600 on bail. He now has a court date and has two major tickets against him.

Oh and by the way. He took a 4k dollar loan out to rebuild his motor. He didnt have the car back for 4 days. He will be paying it off for two more years and he is more than likely going to lose his license for 1 of them.
  10. Offline

blancokracker Guest

Message Count:
    thats why you don't take loans out to mod your car. Personally I can understand the loan for a car, because its needed. But I see no point in taking a loan out for something not needed.
  11. Offline

vortex Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    You can get a voltage clamp for the speedo signal wire from the trans. Just clamp the voltage @ the signal from 110 (sorry i don't recall exactly what it was) and you're set.

The other alternatives are - ECU reprogram (costly) or the box Vamp pointed out (not too costly but still more than installing a clamp)
  12. Offline

forceFEDmatrix Guest

Message Count:
    you have no idea how easy it is.. ;)
  13. Offline

HK-Racer Guest

Message Count:
    man, what the hell is that surpose to mean.
    and no, they did not Brought the car for me, its a hand-me-down.
  14. Offline

TurboRolla21 Guest

Message Count:
    Blah Blah Blah...What he is saying is that you should go ahead and tell your parents that you are going 100+mph in your car. If something happens (i.e. wreck, or blown up motor) they will then be prepared to not give you another "hand-me-down" or not even buy your speeding (and for no reason) ass a another car. There is really no point to be going over 100---unless you can get that fast in the 1/4 :p
  15. Offline

HK-Racer Guest

Message Count:
    well all i wanted to know is it that hard to disable it. i didnt ask if you care for my car or not. its mine, and i feel like doing whatever i want to it.
    and i know its hard now, since i have to buy the part for it. but i dont want to do it anymore. 140 for it doesnt seem to be a good deal. so im off of this mod.
  16. Offline

toyotaspeed90 New Member

Message Count:
    lol, that's because not too long ago he moved in with "the woman"..... he's still online at corolla-racing (i doubt he'd respond to pm's on here or any other board... unless it's an old school toyota board or CR)... he's basically the owner of CR now as well...

anyways.... vamp, i'm online quite a lot... and if you really are interested still, get ahold of me and i will call shawn and see if it's cool to give you his cell number (that way of reaching him is much easier...)
  17. Offline

Mike4831 C-Town Pimp

Message Count:
    i have no real idea when my car needs to be shifted. i was in 4th doing 105 and put it in 5th and then it took like 20 secs to get to 115 and that was it.
  18. Offline

Vamp Gunmetal 2001 Corolla S

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    Gunmetal Grey 2001 Corolla S
    racer25 never answers pms or e-mails or anything.
  19. Offline

BLADDER_MASTER Active Member

Message Count:
    I will soon, when it comes down to swapping. ;) :D
  20. Offline

HK-Racer Guest

Message Count:
    ehh he'll come around. hes been offline for awhile now. but he'll be back.
  21. Offline

toyotaspeed90 New Member

Message Count:
    ecu reprogram is $100 from racer25..... he won't remove the limiter, but it will be bumped up more than enough

& my ae92 does 105mph in 3rd gear (yes, 5 speed manual)
  22. Offline

corollarider19 New Member

Message Count:
    hey vamp do they do this kinda work at agile?
  23. Offline

toyotaspeed90 New Member

Message Count:
    actually... when shawn did mine... he showed up to Tims place.... bs'ed for a while... i left for the pullapart junkyard which was about 1 mile away.... was there for 15 minutes or so.... got back, and shawn had already pulled apart the interior, gotten the ecu out, rechipped it, and was walking out of the house with the finished product..... his charge price is for the parts...
  24. Offline

Vamp Gunmetal 2001 Corolla S

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    Gunmetal Grey 2001 Corolla S
    Installing the speed unlimiter, yes. Modifying your ECU by opening it up and replacing the chips inside... no.
  25. Offline

rollarace New Member

Message Count:
    Yea....you buy this... http://www.urdusa.com/Merchant2/mer...egory_Code=PERF