1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Define RICE

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SkyAce2004, Oct 27, 2004.

1. Offline

dragonitti Guest

Message Count:
    Ok, the only time I ever deem a car as being "Rice" is when people just total do things without a thought behind it. I will give an example for you. The other day, I was with my girl and friends. We all went out for a night at the haunted house. There was the 90ish Toyota Celica sitting out front of where everyone was standing in line to get in. This Celica had for 1) a Type R sticker in the front windshield and 2) a GTR sticker on the fenders. WE ALL KNOW there is no 90ish Type R/GTR Celica ever produced. And Type R is meant for Honda and GTR is meant for Nissan Skylines. So, with that said, I guess I would come to that term only when you try to place some external modification on your car that is meant for a totally different brand of vehicles.

Ricer = Posser
    Posser = looking fast without actually being fast
    Posser = Placing stickers on your car that is meant for a totally different vehicle (trying to be something you are not)
  2. Offline

alby13 New Member

Message Count:
    hah that was a good one. i wouldn't say it is rice though.
  3. Offline

Faisal05CorollaXRS Guest

Message Count:
    Very well put. I think it summarizes the concept really well.

4. Offline

dragonitti Guest

Message Count:

Thanks. I try to approach a lot of things from a common sense point of view.
  5. Offline

rollaracer4 Guest

Message Count:
    ok my friends here are some great examles of RICE

[IMG]

[IMG]

and sorry to hate on corollas but....

[IMG]

NOW THATS RICE!!!
  6. Offline

dragonitti Guest

Message Count:
    <br />
    I would say that they were ugly. I wouldn't call them rice though.
  7. Offline

baddrunk69 Guest

Message Count:
    Rice is modding car so the the people think it's cool when it's not. I especially hate the lights on the windshield washer spray thing. But basically it's an attitude of the owner thinking the car is fast when it's not. It sometimes just shows with the modifications the owner puts on the car. cuz a car is an extension of yourself.
  8. Offline

PsyVash Guest

Message Count:
    I don't use the term out loud. But if you want MY definition of rice its.

1. Incorrect badging: Vtec badges on Corollas, Type-R badges on Mustangs (yes I've seen that), GT-R badges on a BILLION cars.

2. Stupid stickers: like the "Powered by Honda" stickers on a HONDA as if none of us fucking knew.

3. Fake shit: Fake spray, Fake BOV, etc. etc.

All the other stuff like kits, lights, wings, rims, exhaust...that's your taste. Not really rice.