1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Damn, this car is fast.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Altis 1, May 8, 2004.

1. Offline

tom Guest

Message Count:
  2. Offline

tom Guest

Message Count:
    You can read this article to get a general idea what you are getting into. New LSD, high flow intake manifold, wider throttle body, and larger fuel injectors are some of what to expect in an 04 SRT-4. Did I mention it is turbocharged too? Intercooled. Lots of power for low bucks. Can't complain about the price. Oh boy, what are we going to buy next? Dodge? Hmmmm...I think it is a very attractive package. Anyone interested yet?

http://www.440magnum-network.com/info/srt/neonsrt4.shtml
  3. Offline

tom Guest

Message Count:
    ...+ turbo upgrades in the future by Mopar (Stage2, Stage3)? Oh my God...what's next? whew...
  4. Offline

w1ngzer0 Guest

Message Count:
    this stage II "upgrade" looks like a better filter and bigger fuel injectors. Unless that is just a computer with vents.
  5. Offline

tom Guest

Message Count:
    I don't know, but when I went to that website to look up the Stage 2 performance, there is tons of stuff you can do to it to boost hp to 265 and 280 ft-lb. torque. I have no clue what some of the stuff means, but man, if it output that kind of power, I'll go for it. Only $1,400 more? Still not bad huh?

http://www.modernperformance.com/dcx/srt_stage2kit-toys.shtml
  6. Offline

w1ngzer0 Guest

Message Count:
    i guess there is some sort of basic command in the button.... wait no there isn't. I have never herd of a button reprograming the ECU to handle 100octane. It also has a intercooler sprayer. Also from what i understand the cams need timing done to handle the 100octane also.

Also looks like lots of sensors,redline increased, and bigger wastegate
  7. Offline

tom Guest

Message Count:
    Stage 2 does so many things huh? Is it true? I can’t believe it does all that. Wow. It has programmed buttons to control all your boost control and quick boost shift to prevent turbo lag. I never heard of that before. I think Crovax should get that for his turbo setup.

Man, so many good stuff. Drool. I want to see what is available for the Stage 3.
  8. Offline

tom Guest

Message Count:
    Holy crap, 300hp Stage 3. Whew, that matched the Sti. I like to see these cars go head to head. SRT-4 isn't all wheel drive huh? Oh well, it's still a much lower priced car.
  9. Offline

w1ngzer0 Guest

Message Count:
    still a dodge
  10. Offline

crovax New Member

Message Count:
    yeah...i sure wish toyota would put something like that out for our cars :)

I'll tell you this much though...i've raced an SRT-4...they arent THAT much faster than i am...granted he wasnt nearly as good of a driver as that C/D people are, no mere mortal can drive as good as they do, and also no one is gonna do a huge burnout and dump the clutch on the street to get a 5.5 0-60 time. Homestly, i think if i had a manual, i probably would've kept right up with him. If you spend $15k on a corolla, and then $3200 on the stafford fab kit, you would outrun an SRT-4 no prolbem. remember, our cars weigh 400 lbs less than that big iron block 2.4L Neon
  11. Offline

tom Guest

Message Count:
    you have to admit that the specs are pretty impressive. Like what "w1ngzer0" said, still a Dodge. I'll have to wait and see how they turn out as far as reliability goes. If those cars are built to last, then it will be a worthy purhcase. Maybe a new generation will come out soon.

I was just thinking price wise, that the SRT-4 is much cheaper overall as a performance car with more parts available. Well, spending $15,000 for mods on top of your overall Corolla balance brings it well over $30,000 total cost. Plus, I don't think the Corolla will be street legal anymore because the specs will be thrown way out of proportion. The SRT-4 is all emissions legal with the way it is setup now, but they give you a disclaimer that Stage 1, Stage 2, and Stage 3 upgrades is not street legal. That is a big let down since I live in California. I would at least love to get the Stage 1 upgrade.
  12. Offline

crovax New Member

Message Count:
    i meant spend 15K for the car itself...then 3200 on mods. I dunno if the stafford kit is CARB legal...but ehhh...you could outrun an SRT-4
  13. Offline

daPyr0x Guest

Message Count:
    You know....not only is it a dodge, it's just a modded neon.
    What's the point in buying a premod? Personally, part of modifying, or doing anything like that, your car or anything, is making it your own. Making it unique, you know? I mean, sure, there are only so many different things you can do, and it's cheaper, too; but I'd rather stick with the rolla, or hell, even a civic, and mod the shit out of it. Anyone can walk up to a dodge dealership and drive away in an SRT-4....and it'll be just like every other SRT-4 on the road....

I find it not only a lot more satisfying, but a lot more fun to install your own shit, learn how it all goes together, and really make the car your own...
  14. Offline

crovax New Member

Message Count:
    amen :) besides...the look of "WTF?" on a SE-R's face when you pass them is precious :)
  15. Offline

tom Guest

Message Count:
    I'll bet if Crovax beefs up his fuel system, with a controller and everything else, he'll have the fastest Corolla.

What do you think about that quick boost shift for your turbo setup? It's suppose to give you zero-lag. At least on the Stage 2 Mopar list, that's what it says. If you can find a part for your turbo to do that, whew that would be impressive.
  16. Offline

w1ngzer0 Guest

Message Count:
    stock engine tuning with good suspention and tires can do wonders :)
  17. Offline

tom Guest

Message Count:
    The hard part is that they don't make that much performance parts for the Corolla. I mean I'm sure basic performance is there like intake, exhaust, chip, and other so called "Bolt-Ons", but internal engine components, transmission, clutch and axels are rare or don't exist yet.

I'm sure you can customize a turbo, but finding the right parts and all the components that go with it is a pain to find. Until they come out with a complete turbo kit for the Corolla, that's the way it will be. I like how TRD is expanding its performance products, but I wish they could give us more, you know? Especially for those serious racers.

Thank goodness for the availability of an approved supercharger though, whew. We need more....