1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

CUSTOM SUPERCHARGER KIT FOR ALL 1ZZFEs!!

Discussion in '8th Gen' started by GSE21tuner, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Offline

05 TRD SCed Guest

Message Count:
    let me tell you a little story about and experience I had. I purchased my throttle body adapter plate from Carver, which I appreciate very much as stated before, I emailed him with some questions about running the TRD supercharger with extras and so on. He responded back and answered my question, but there were still some that I wasn't clear on. He also offered to sell me a Snow Performance injection kit. When I reponded back to him about purchasing the kit and clearing up some answers, He never responded back to me and basicaly left me hanging with no answers. I found the answers after asking allot of people and actually got a better deal on the Snow Performance kit from Brad at neverenoughauto.com. But it just seemed to me that after he got his money for the adapter plate he didn't give a sh** about me and my questions. Kind of like saying, "I got my money now buzz off." I'm not saying he's a bad guy or he'll be like this to everyone, I personnely don't know the guy and don't really care. Maybe he was busy. I'm very busy too, but yet I can find the time to answer peoples questions after working 12 hours, going to school at night, and taking care of my family. But anyway, enough of the damn dramma. Lets just get back to the real perpous of this forum and help one another out. And like I said before, " just sit back and take some time to decide what you want after you see the out come of these kits." Maybe everyone should just go with a turbo set up for real power and leave all this BS behind.

To tell you the truth, I've been pondering the thought of tearing my TRD supercharger off and putting a turbo kit on it like this: http://www.turbo-kits.com/corolla_turbo_kits.html It cost more, but if you look at the power out put compared to upgrading the supercharger and adding all kinds of other things, the turbo is actually a better deal if you want to make serious power. So inorder for the supercharger to achieve the same power producing out put of the tubo kit, you would have to spend about the same amount of money as the turbo kit when it's all said and done (that price would include what you already spent to get the base supercharger and then all the add ons) But then, there's the issue with smog check and CARB legal in California. Both of the supercharger kits and the turbo kit are not smog and CARB legal in California. So you'll never even make it pass the visual unless you know someone who owns a smog check station and you get hooked up, but I won't get into that whole mess. So if you have money and want some serious power, then leave the little toys behind and go with the turbo. I've yet to see and supercharged 4 cylinder out run a turbo charged 4 cylinder. Now I'm not saying it can't happen or that it's never happened for that matter, but I have yet to see it and if it did or does, I bet the supercharged guy spent twice the money that the turbo charged guy did, just to win . Just search around for videos of the old BuicK Grand National, which had the turbo charged V6 and was way ahead of its time, eating up dodge vipers, z06 corvettes, porches and so on, to see kind of what I'm talking about. To me you can't beat the turbo set up. The only thing that sucks is turbo lag, but once your past that you had better hold on. That's my take and opinion
  2. Offline

05 TRD SCed Guest

Message Count:
    <br />
    Have to agree with you 110% bro.
  3. Offline

05 TRD SCed Guest

Message Count:
    You weren't pertaining to CTHREERACING were you? I'm not that old school when it comes to Corollas, but if that's what your talking about, then i remember. In fact, I remember I sent in my money to join the club and then about a year later, the club went belly up, at least that what it seemed like to me. I believe that it was started by some college student who didn't have enough time on his hands to run a club of that size properly and ended up just saying f%^& it.
  4. Offline

GSE21tuner Formerly rollatuner110. Representing AZLexus.club

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    07 Lexus IS350, 04 Lexus IS300
    I'm not playing around anymore for my next car. It has to be all or nothing. No FWD and no less than 200 horsepower. I've been shopping around for a nice WRX.
  5. Offline

05 TRD SCed Guest

Message Count:

Good choice! But I've had my eye on the 09 Corolla XRS, lately. With the same engine that the Scion TC has and the power adders that are available, I believe it could be a bad a** car. Just check out the potential of the 2azfe, which happens to be found in the camery, 09 corolla xrs, 09 matrix, scion tc, and others, in this scion tc which kills a moded subaru sti. Here's the vid: http://videos.streetfire.net/video/...ED188047D2F.htm and here's another: http://videos.streetfire.net/video/...32527ed86e9.htm
  6. Offline

05 TRD SCed Guest

Message Count:
    I hear what your saying bro. If you have the time, just sit it out, if not then I would probably go with a car that already has established power adders for it. I almost gave up on my 05 Corolla, until I came across a forum post for the throttle body adapter plate that Carver produces, which made it possible for me to utilize the TRD supercharger on my vehicle. But I'm tossing around the idea now, of just removing it and going with a turbo once I get my spare engine built up. I still want to build another 7th gen monster with the parts and engine I salvaged from my 97 3sgte powered beast. But money is becoming an issue, especially when you have kids.
  7. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    That tC is something special since a lot of work was done to it. If you took the same money that was put into the tC and put it into the Subie, the WRX STi would blow the doors off the tC. It ran a 12.6 quarter which is really fast but still not as fast as some modded WRX's I've seen.
  8. Offline

xplicitcorolla99 Active Member

Message Count:
    wrx,sti and evo arent quick on a roll race because all power goes to all wheel vs two wheels but from a dig awd is much quicker with street tires vs street tires.
  9. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    Ask him how soon the test fitting can begin! I want to be there to witness it.
  10. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    I'll be saving money for whatever comes first. Then I'll get the next thing in line anyways. :D I grew accustomed to FWD, but I'm going to need something with AWD for harsh weather conditions and over roading. Yes, you heard correctly. I'm going to be off roading my WRX. :D

btw, 05 TRD SCed, any new news on Robin's EvilCharger? I'm still up for buying his kit since the MP45 would work better for my car.
  11. Offline

05 TRD SCed Guest

Message Count:

You know, I've wished for a long time that Toyota would've released a version of the Corolla WRC hatch back like this: http://www.rallycars.com/_cgi-bin/show-Toyota.cgi?18 With the 3sgte and AWD, if you were to do some more moding on it, it would run all over any WRX. But we all know how toyota is, now there all about fuel economy and no more performance. I mean they've scrapped the GE line up of performance oriented engines. It's a damn shame, and then they wonder why honda and the others are running all over them.

I'll be giving Robin a call tomorrow. So if you've got questions that haven't been asked yet, let me know.
  12. Offline

05 TRD SCed Guest

Message Count:

Will do, bro.
  13. Offline

tsburt Active Member

Message Count:
    u guys can scrap me off the list man.........something really BAD happened.
  14. Offline

Legit01Rolla Active Member

Message Count:
    shit man is everything ok?
  15. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    Red italics = Pondering the $3000.

1. rollatuner110
    2. moviestar
    3. fastswimmerguy (guinea pig)
    4. Legit01Rolla
    5. whydontyouchoose may change
    6. tsburt I hope you're okay!
    7. vibebreaker
    8. rainbow_star
    9. kudkudniyog If you're really sure, you can be changed to bold.
    10.twincityfinest
    11.|-goku-|
    12.JoeyICU
    13.Cyberbilly
    14.xcaliburviii
    15.whonoes
    16.981ZZ
    17.TenZen
    18.cotalb

The list is just getting longer and longer! When will it end?!! :D:D:D I'm hoping for some more potential price reductions. C'mon 2500!!
  16. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    That sucks. What happened? Did the lady run a red? As long as you're okay. That's all that matters. What car will you by getting next? :D I hope you say Subaru. :)
  17. Offline

tsburt Active Member

Message Count:
    got in an accident, car got tottaled..... lady in a car T-boned me. car is a piece of scrap metal now. just to think i just fixed it a couple of days ago. spend all that money for nothing. but thank got nothing serieuze happened. although i did get a big and deep cut on my head.
  18. Offline

KrypticKarma ~2001 Corrizm~

Message Count:
    Count me in too!! But It will take me a while for the money considering I have a tranny to replace..

But make sure my name is in red also

Thanks! Im actually looking forward to see a s/c for the 8th gens :)
  19. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    Remember that you have another supercharger option too. The CarverCharger will also be available within a year. However, that uses a M90 instead of a MP45.
  20. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    <font color="red"><i>Red italics</i></font> = Pondering the $3000.<br />
    <br />
    1. <b>rollatuner110</b><br />
    2. <font color="red"><i>moviestar</i></font><br />
    3. <b>fastswimmerguy</b> (<font color="blue"><b>guinea pig</b></font>)<br />
    4. <font color="red"><i>Legit01Rolla</i></font><br />
    5. <font color="red"><i>whydontyouchoose</i></font> may change<br />
    6. <font color="red"><i>vibebreaker</i></font><br />
    7. <font color="red"><i>rainbow_star</i></font><br />
    8. <font color="red"><i>kudkudniyog</i></font> If you're really sure, you can be changed to bold.<br />
    9.<font color="red"><i>twincityfinest</i></font><br />
    10.<font color="red"><i>|-goku-|</i></font><br />
    11.<font color="red"><i>JoeyICU</i></font><br />
    12.<font color="red"><i>Cyberbilly</i></font><br />
    13.<font color="red"><i>xcaliburviii</i></font><br />
    14.<font color="red"><i>whonoes</i></font><br />
    15.<font color="red"><i>981ZZ</i></font><br />
    16.<font color="red"><i>TenZen</i></font><br />
    17.<font color="red"><i>cotalb</i></font><br />
    18.<font color="red"><i>KrypticKarma</i></font>
  21. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    Any news 05 TRD SCed?
  22. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
  23. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    It's been a while since the last update on Robin's &quot;EvilCharger&quot;. 05 TRD SCed, did you get a chance to talk to him?
  24. Offline

MovieSTAR i hurd u liek?

Message Count:
  25. Offline

t0rres16 Member

Message Count:
    i dont know about u guys but i like turbo better. this is wut i want to get in the near future <a href="http://www.turbospecialties-race.com/toyota/TC25B2e.asp" target="_blank">http://www.turbospecialties-race.com/toyota/TC25B2e.asp</a>
  26. Offline

Message Count:
  27. Offline

05 TRD SCed Guest

Message Count:
    Hey guys. Sorry that I haven't responded in a few days now. I've had family come into town at the last minute and things are a little hecktic here, with them around. With everything going on with them right now, I haven't had a chance to contact Robin about his charger. The family leaves tomorrow night, so I'll have some time to give him a call and get some updates. Once again sorry about no response.

xplicitcorolla99, I like the s/c links from 9thgen, that you posted. I'm going to take a further look into this thing because I find it some what interesting. I do believe that a turbo set up would be much better, maybe this would do: http://www.turbo-kits.com/corolla_turbo_kits.html I don't believe there's any fitting issues with this kit like there are with the other one that was listed on here. But either way you go, you have to remember about the evil California smog and CARB certification. If it ain't CARB approved, you ain't passing smog in the grand state of California without a hook up at your local smog inspection station. But then again, running non legal equipment seems to always have some grand power about it. Maybe it's the word "ILLEGAL" that's cool...lol
  28. Offline

Message Count:

yeah mitsubishi havent really do nothing to make their stock parts reliable enough to handle a good amount of hp.
  29. Offline

Message Count:

yeah mitsubishi havent really do nothing to make their stock parts reliable enough to handle a good amount of hp.
  30. Offline

Message Count:
    if i still had my corolla i'll do rotex s/c project but too bad i bought myself an evo8 spent countless of money on upgrade parts and broken parts,i guess thats the cause of trying to reach 500hp lol...