1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

CUSTOM SUPERCHARGER KIT FOR ALL 1ZZFEs!!

Discussion in '8th Gen' started by GSE21tuner, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Offline

whydontyouchoos KFM

Message Count:
    right now i will need to be able to make payments as my savings is drained becasue of school and my job i am only pulling in about 1000 a month, but if i can make payments i could possibly sent about 5-700 a month and that wouldnt take that long to pay... so if you need to put me in red italics unless i can make payments as school is taking quite a bit of money for me
  2. Offline

tsburt Active Member

Message Count:
    i know what u mean man.....i go to class fulltime, which means i work part time. make around 800 a month. if i worked full time i would have gotten 3 k easily in 2 months
  3. Offline

-Goku- Guest

Message Count:
    ya...Up In Idaho!!!
  4. Offline

05 TRD SCed Guest

Message Count:

Answers:

1. You'll have to run 91 octane or higher unless you have an engine management sytem with timing advance/retard adjustability in order to eliminate detenation.
    2. The only way you can disable this thing is to remove the drive belt and reinstall the factory drive belt (serpentine belt) in order in to bypass the supercharger.
    3. You can not adjust the spool time on the supercharger. The factory designes them to spool at a certain RPM. The only thing you can do is change the boost (PSI). You can increase or decrease the boost (PSI) output, by using different sized pullies on the supercharger.
    4. You will have to change the supercharger's oil at a certain mileage limit. I believe you have to change it at 60,000 miles. I know that's when I'm suppose to change it on my TRD supercharger. But I'll find out for you.
    5. All the cylinders will recieve the same amount of air equally. The supercharger pressurizes the air in the intake manifold and only supplies air to the cylinders when they are in the intake stroke ( intake valves are open).
  5. Offline

05 TRD SCed Guest

Message Count:
    Like I said, As far as payments go. I have to talk with Robin about that. I don't know if he'll take payments or not. I'll find out for those of you who are asking about a payment plan. <br />
    <br />
    Rollatuner110, if you could, please get this guy on the list but list him in red. Thanks.
  6. Offline

whydontyouchoos KFM

Message Count:
    im totally in, seeing as if i can buy it with my money situation i mean payments would make it possible for so many more people
  7. Offline

Vibe New Member

Message Count:
    its hard for installments because you're not signing any contracts.
  8. Offline

JspeXAE102 Well-Known Member

Message Count:

lol, count on having some sleep overs, it takes me about 8-9hrs to do a TRD s/c, water injection and unichip on a 9th gen and I done like 3.
  9. Offline

Vibe New Member

Message Count:
    yeah but if too many people show up, ppl will just get in each other's way.. economics :)
  10. Offline

05 TRD SCed Guest

Message Count:
    The price would stay the same for the 2001-2002 Corolla. The only difference between the two kits would be a differently tuned Unichip plug-n-play unit, due to the VVT-i on the 01-02 model.
  11. Offline

05 TRD SCed Guest

Message Count:

True. Too many hands and not enough space/work. Also, when you get a lot of people together on something like this, everyone will have a different way of doing something or how they think something should be done and it all ends up turning into a big pissing match. So maybe just a few people, around five or six max, is what I say. That many people probably wouldn't show up, but just incase. Let me know what you guys think.
  12. Offline

whydontyouchoos KFM

Message Count:
    oh btw the 2000 corolla also has the vvti engine, i would know because i have one, and the chip only deals with airflow and fuel right, not with tranny tweaks or anything
  13. Offline

whydontyouchoos KFM

Message Count:
    oh and i would totally be down for a group install this summer as long as i can get away from the phoenix heat
  14. Offline

05 TRD SCed Guest

Message Count:

The Unichip plug-n-play unit will deal with the engine and engine mods, not the tranny (if I'm not mistaken). You can take a look at the Unichip site and find out a little more info on what they do. http://www.unichip.us/index.asp
  15. Offline

05 TRD SCed Guest

Message Count:
    <br />
    Sorry bro. But if everything goes as planned, we'll be doing this in a couple weeks hopefully. I'll be finding out an exact date in a couple days and I'll post it on here.
  16. Offline

GSE21tuner Formerly rollatuner110. Representing AZLexus.club

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    07 Lexus IS350, 04 Lexus IS300
    <font color="red"><i>Red italics</i></font> = Pondering the $3000.<br />
    <br />
    1. <b>rollatuner110</b><br />
    2. <font color="red"><i>moviestar</i></font><br />
    3. <b>fastswimmerguy</b> (<font color="blue"><b>guinea pig</b></font>)<br />
    4. <b>Legit01Rolla</b><br />
    5. <font color="red"><i>whydontyouchoose</i></font> may change<br />
    6. <font color="red"><i>tsburt</i></font><br />
    7. <font color="red"><i>vibebreaker</i></font><br />
    8. <font color="red"><i>rainbow_star</i></font><br />
    9. <font color="red"><i>kudkudniyog</i></font> If you're really sure, you can be changed to bold.<br />
    10.<font color="red"><i>twincityfinest</i></font><br />
    11.<font color="red"><i>|-goku-|</i></font><br />
    12.<font color="red"><i>JoeyICU</i></font><br />
    13.<font color="red"><i>Cyberbilly</i></font><br />
    14.<font color="red"><i>xcaliburviii</i></font><br />
    15.<font color="red"><i>whonoes</i></font><br />
    16.<font color="red"><i>981ZZ</i></font><br />
    17.<font color="red"><i>TenZen</i></font>
  17. Offline

05 TRD SCed Guest

Message Count:

Here's what I was talking about when I posted earlier. You may have to purchase these items due to them not coming in the kit, but Robin may include them which I'll ask. The belt will be a different size then the one used on the TRD unit. You will need the TRD thermostat and the colder plugs. This will give you an idea of what you may need: http://uploads.wtf-pwned.com/New%20...nfo%20Sheet.PDF Disregard the thing about CAI, the Unichip unit will be tuned to use all add ons with the supercharger. The TRD unit's piggyback unit was not tuned to use any add on with it and that's why it says don't use the CAI.
  18. Offline

05 TRD SCed Guest

Message Count:
    We would just contact Unichip and let them know that you have the 2001-2002 model Corolla with VVT-i and they will reprogram a plug-n-play unit to run on your model.
  19. Offline

05 TRD SCed Guest

Message Count:
    <br />
    I of course, will be there. I don't know where we'll be crashing for the night. If I have to, I'll bring my sleeping bag and just crash in car, no big deal. Santa Clarita is quite a drive from my house in Vista, about 128.51 miles and about 3 hours drive time. It will take at least a full day to do this install. I'll bring my tools, but if anyone else that's coming has tools, please bring them just incase I don't have something we need. Of course, all this will take place on a weekend and I'll be heading up that way early Saturday morning. So bring lots of coffee or Rock Stars, because were going to need the caffine...lol.
  20. Offline

Legit01Rolla Active Member

Message Count:
    move me to red italics list for now..lol
  21. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    Red italics = Pondering the $3000.

1. rollatuner110
    2. moviestar
    3. fastswimmerguy (guinea pig)
    4. Legit01Rolla
    5. whydontyouchoose may change
    6. tsburt
    7. vibebreaker
    8. rainbow_star
    9. kudkudniyog If you're really sure, you can be changed to bold.
    10.twincityfinest
    11.|-goku-|
    12.JoeyICU
    13.Cyberbilly
    14.xcaliburviii
    15.whonoes
    16.981ZZ
    17.TenZen
  22. Offline

whydontyouchoos KFM

Message Count:
    oh well, but i am still very interested in the sc unit and i would be able to pay for it in full in may if payments arent an option so i am wondering if he is making a sc for everyone on the list right now? and how detailed of an installation guide are you going to be creating for us that can not attend the install party
  23. Offline

rainbow_star New Member

Message Count:
    Sorry! More questions!! :(
    1) For the vvti 1ZZ ECU, the ECU will override any piggyback settings in open loop. Will it happen with the Unichip? Since it works on the MR-S, so I guess it should be no problem right?

2) Is the same Unichip setting works in both Auto and Manual car? If not, then we will need both Auto and Manual setting for 98-00 and 00-02 vvti.

3) Since Corolla and MR-S are using the same engine, can the Unichip rise the redline in corolla to 7000rpm just like MR-S?

4) How much is the supercharger without the Unichip?
  24. Offline

05 TRD SCed Guest

Message Count:

Answers:

1. There will be no issue with this happening. Unichip tunes these things to work perform well with the factory ECU. If you haven't checked out there website then I would highly recommend you do. Here's the site: http://www.unichip.us/index.asp It should be helpful in answering a lot of your questions about it.

2. I believe, according to Unichip, the unit will work on both auto and manual cars. I'll check on this just to make sure.

3. The last time I checked, the MR-S put out 138hp at 6400 rpm and redlined around 7000 rpm. The reason it did that was due to the tuning and that engine was manufactured in Japan. Now anyone who knows toyota will tell you, "the toyota engines from Japan are a lot better then the ones made here." I don't believe that the Unichip will increase the redline on the none MR-S engine. The Unichip is designed to maximize the potential of any add ons such as the supercharger. It's not designed to increase you rpm.

4. I don't know. I would guess maybe $400-500 less. I'll find out for sure.
  25. Offline

whydontyouchoos KFM

Message Count:
    oh i dont know if this question has been asked, considering it is being designed based on the trd charger, like the trd supercharger will this not allow us to use our aftermarket CAIs? i mean you said disregard the CAI part but you never specified if we could or couldnt
  26. Offline

05 TRD SCed Guest

Message Count:
    You will be able to use your CAI with this, that is if it fits and this will be found out when we do the test install and so on. The Unichip will be tuned at the factory for your model and year car which will be running the supercharger. If you want to use the CAI and header or either or, then you will have to list what add ons you will use with the supercharger so that the Unichip can be tuned for those extra add ons. Now, the TRD install manual has a Caution that reads:<br />
    <br />
    Do not use any aftermarket &quot;Cold Air Intake&quot; kits with the<br />
    TRD Supercharger. The OE Air Filter Housing and the OE<br />
    Mass Air Flow sensor are critical for the correct Air/Fuel<br />
    ratio calibration with the TRD Supercharger. The use of <br />
    any aftermarket &quot;Cold Air Intake&quot; kits will void the TRD <br />
    Supercharger warranty and also the vehicle powertrain<br />
    warranty.<br />
    <br />
    Now, allot of people are using there CAI with the TRD unit. But they went with either a plug-n-play unit like the Unichip set up or they went with another like the Split Second unit (Split Second unit has to be tuned by a tune shop). The TRD piggy back unit that came with the TRD supercharger was not tuned for the CAI or any other add ons for that matter. The TRD piggy back unit was tuned for the stock engine with the addition of the supercharger and nothing else. Allot of people say that the TRD piggy back unit was tuned to run to rich and didn't allow the engine to acheive it's full potential. Therefore, a lot of people opted not to use it. I believe that TRD did not tune the unit to run all out, due to warranty issues.
  27. Offline

whydontyouchoos KFM

Message Count:
    well ill have to list a few things on my order then lol because by the time i will have the money for the supercharger ill prob have my headers and custom cat back installed plus my cai... and i have a manual
  28. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    I'll have to get a custom Unichip then since I have the ELP CAI and Forza racing header and catback exhaust.
  29. Offline

rainbow_star New Member

Message Count:
    Thanks Carver!!!
    I think we better wait and see!!!
  30. Offline

05 TRD SCed Guest

Message Count:

Robin lives in BigBear CA, and has had some major snow for quite a while... it has never let up... and yet 13 days later, after almost all snow days, and after being kinda made into a joke on the sight I linked to above, a brand new user joins your forum here to sell his products? Representing for

the first post in this thread implies that this kit is tested and has run 250whp...

But the power quotes in the first post here, of 250whp, were obviously misunderstood figures from another person, a spyderchat.com user, Web 3.0, who made great numbers, but with with an M62 (an mp45 which was modified, extended, and packed with longer m62 rotors). Robin quotes this reference example on spyderchat as well... but its numbers share little with what can be expected from an MP45... I would think the builder should know this?

Fact is, the Kit has never run or been installed, run, or tested yet. For all your sakes, please wait for video, proof, or something substantial before laying out any money. Have an established member or two go out and check out the car/charger... before plopping down your hard earned money.

For what its worth...
    If you are having trouble sourcing a TRD kit, GM has the exact same product, you can shop around for best prices, but here it is:
    http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/result...number=12498927

If you have an 05+ car, with the drive by wire tb, an adapter pate is available and has been for almost 2 years. You can learn more about it here: (its my product)
    http://www.9thgencorolla.com/forum/...ead.php?t=38344
    you can also learn/see the first trd cut for tight application (mr2 spyder) on this link, and on spyderchat.com (something relevant to earlier corollas)

you can read about development of another kit (which is currently on the road and soon to be available, again, my kit) here:
    http://spyderchat.com/forums/index....24&st=0&start=0

Due diligence would be prudent.

good luck guys.[/QUOTE]
    Carver (Jarett), I have the up most respect for you and the things you have done. Without you producing the throttle adapter plate, that makes it possible for the TRD supercharger to be utilized on the 05+ Corollas and Matrixs, I would probably had no other option for my 05 Corolla other then a turbo kit. I'm not trying to kiss your a**, I'm just saying thank you. As for this kit, Robin contacted me through my ebay account, after I purchased my TRD supercharger kit on there. He wanted to know exactly what the fifth injector fuel line looked like and who the manufacturer was for the fifth injector so that he could get these item to complete his kit. Being the kind and helpful person I am , I helped him out with the info. Once I gave him the info, he said thanks and sent me some photos and info that I started this thread with. I never asked anyone to pay the money up front for something that has never been tested or fitted on there car. I wanted to build intrest in this item and with enough intrest we could conveince Robin to let us use a guinea pig so that we could fit it and test it to ensure that these thing go without a hitch before anyone pays a single penny for one. I honestly see it as a good option for these guys that have the 1998-2002 Corollas and have no add on power options except for a CAI or header, if there lucky and that's why I posted it on here.

When I talked to Robin on Saturday, he told me that he had to move to Rockford, Illinois for about three years, due to the company he's working for has opened a new branch there. So with a move like that to a new location, it can be pretty hecktic. Being in the Navy, I know what up and moving all over the world can be like, it ether just doesn't allow or can make it pretty damn hard to do other things,especially things like this. I'm not making excuses for no one on this, I'm just telling you why he hasn't gotten on here to talk with people. Try moving halfway across country and then try and keep a project going and the commucation up with everyone, when all your sh** is in a shipping truck in the middle of nowhere.

He told me that he wanted to fit and test this thing before he would ever think of selling it to someone. I'm not trying to take sides on what ever happened in the past between you and him. I honestly don't believe a lot of things people say about one another unless I was there to see or hear things first hand. In a way, I see it as competetion and when your bigger, have more money, more design, more testing, and more fan base, then you will do what you can to sell your product and image even if it means sqwashing out the competetion and degrading anothers ideas or image with he said she said BS. I say give the guy a chance to fit and test his product and if it works with no issue then great, you got competetion and deal with him, if not then damn, you have nothing to worry about. I mean, what was it like when you first started your kit, Carver? I bet you had allot of people saying it will never work and that it's just a stupid idea. Where you born with the automotive skills necessary to produce your kit? I bet not, because I know no one is born with the skills. They just learn them over time. So I can see why Robin would be asking the questions he's asking. I'm sure you asked a lot of questions to when you started. I'll tell you bro, I swear I was born with a wrench in my hand and I learned everything I know about cars from my Dad, God rest his soul and from asking allot of questions. Even master mechanics ask questions. No one knows everything. And as it appears to me, you just started your site not to long ago and you have no fit and test results posted on there that I can see. If you do, then I must have missed them and that's my bad bro.

So with all that said, NO ONE IS ASKING ANYONE TO PAY MONEY UP FRONT FOR THIS KIT, WITHOUT IT BEING FITTED AND TESTED ON SPECIFIC YEAR AND MODEL VEHICLES!!!!!! IF YOU'VE READ THE THREAD FROM THE VERY BEGINNING, YOU WOULD NOW THAT.

I mean no disrespect to anyone. All I want to do is help those that have a 1zzfe powered vehicle, find power add ons that will work on there car.