1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

CUSTOM SUPERCHARGER KIT FOR ALL 1ZZFEs!!

Discussion in '8th Gen' started by GSE21tuner, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Offline

GSE21tuner Formerly rollatuner110. Representing AZLexus.club

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    07 Lexus IS350, 04 Lexus IS300
    I'd like to see the price first before I commit. But I'm definitely interested and would volunteer to be the guinea pig for fitment. I sure hope he'll offer plug and play engine management. I wouldn't run it at a full 11 psi on my stock internals. That's a bit too high for comfort since this is my daily driver. I'd say a good 5-8 psi is more reasonable. I've seen what my stock rods look like. Those scrawny things look like they would snap if I bent them with my bare hands. LOL :D I'm just trying to push for around the 200 range or maybe even a little bit over.

Since it's technically a redesigned TRD kit, it should be designed to work on stock internals. However, I'm not sure what psi the stock chargers run at. 05 TRD SCed, what did your kit run at before the neuspeed pulley?
  2. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    Assuming the price is reasonable, I'll start a list of potential buyers:

1. rollatuner110
  3. Offline

05 TRD SCed Guest

Message Count:
    CUSTOM SUPERCHARGER KIT FOR ALL 1ZZFEs!!

I have a connection with someone who produces supercharger kits for the 1zzfe. It's similar to the TRD set up in the sense that it uses the same size supercharger but it has a seperate custom made intake manifold that it bolts to. So this thing is not one big bulky unit that has the charger and intake manifold mold into one unit. The guy who's making it has yet to set up a asking price for the kits, but he said, "if he could sell 10 of them, he could get a good deal on the blowers which are 4th gen MP45s. Now this set up was originaly designed for the MRS, but it will work on all 1zzfe engines, vvt-i or not and it will also fit the 2zzge. I also now the guy who installed and test this on his MRS, with a lot of extra stuff, and it put down 250 whp on a cold day. The guy who is making this may also offer a plug and play harness with it as well. If he doesn't, which I can't see why not, all you will have to do is purchase an engine managment system and have it tuned to work with your engine. A good company to use for this would be Split Second. I currently use there management system on my supercharged 2005 Corolla and I used it on my 3sgte powered 97 Corolla with no problems. The supercharger will come with a fifth injector, just like the TRD supercharger but if you decide to use larger injectors and not use the fifth injector, then that is possible. So if your seriously wanting one of these, then let me know. I will keep this thread updated with new info on this as well as more pictures when I get them. rollatuner110, you still want one? There will be no clearance issues involved with the 8th gen hood.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  4. Offline

tsburt Active Member

Message Count:
    it would be nice if we know how much it would go for......
  5. Offline

t0rres16 Member

Message Count:
    x2
  6. Offline

Vibe New Member

Message Count:
    it'd fit an 8th gen?
  7. Offline

MovieSTAR i hurd u liek?

Message Count:
    thats what he said
  8. Offline

Vibe New Member

Message Count:
    i wonder if i gotta upgrade my internals...
  9. Offline

05 TRD SCed Guest

Message Count:
    I emailed the guy making these and asked how much they will cost and I'm just wating for him to contact me. Of course, the cost will be lower with more people wanting them. And yes, they will fit the 8th gens and the 2zzge engine for those of you who may have it. As fas as internals go, you can run stock internals with this but it all depends on how much boost you make with it. this thing will run safely up to 11 psi on stock internals. The boost on these things can be upped or lowered by using different size pulleys. So a 2.4" pulley will put you around 7-8 psi boost and a 2.3" pulley will put you at 9-11You can buy the different size pulleys on ebay from PulleyBoys. They sell different size ones for the Nuespeed supercharger that goes on the Volkswagens. The Nuespeed supercharger is made by the same manufacture as the TRD version and the same as this one. So the pulley will work, I'm using a Nuespeed pulley on my TRD supercharger right now.
  10. Offline

tsburt Active Member

Message Count:
    not trying to be an ass....but i would like to see it fit an 8th gen rolla, before anything. not that i don't trust him or his word. it's just.......
  11. Offline

whydontyouchoos KFM

Message Count:
    i would like one depending on the price
  12. Offline

tsburt Active Member

Message Count:
    i think i see a little smile on my face......
  13. Offline

whydontyouchoos KFM

Message Count:
    ya im really interested as long as i can run it on stock internals and have a decent boost
  14. Offline

05 TRD SCed Guest

Message Count:
    As I stated before, this supercharger should be running at 7.5 psi just like the TRD unit. But all this info will be coming to you, once Robin gets back to me on this. 7.5 psi is safe to use on you stock internals but I wouldn't go swapping out pulleys for over 11 psi boost unless you have forged rods and pistons. Up to 11 psi will work fine on your internals but not if you have a lot of miles or a nocking rod.
  15. Offline

JspeXAE102 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    i'd be all in if I had a 8th gen. I'd think people on mr2oc or spyderchat would be intrested as well. I'm pretty confident the factory internals on the 1ZZ would be able to handle the boost with proper fuel management, with a s/c the power gain would be as linear as a NA engine and there are almost no risk of boost spikes.
  16. Offline

whydontyouchoos KFM

Message Count:
    i dont plan on completely redoing my motor until after college so this should let me have a little more fun in the meanwhile
  17. Offline

05 TRD SCed Guest

Message Count:

Robin, the guy who's making these things, got a hold of me last night and told me this:

Thx Frank
    I am away from home for a month. In Rockville Il when I get back I will send photo's to you. Glad you guys like it I am making a 2zz version for a guy who biulds superchargers. I am sure unichip would make a install for the Corolla but you guys mAay want something different for the tuning. The biggest problem is I need to buy blowers 10 at a time to get a good price.
    It is almost $500 difference if I buy less then 10. Another guy is trying to get me to make one with a Lysholm blower but man they are expensive. I am very flexiable and will try to help out in any way I can.

THX Robin

Now I know there are a lot questions on how much it costs, will it realy fit my 8th gen, what psi does it run at and so on. I will try to answer these questions as best I can. Robin knows what this thing can and can't do. He's a manufacturing engineer and he designed and created this thing him self. Like I said before, "he originally created this thing for the MRS". If you have ever looked in the engine compartment of the MRS you will know that its pretty damn tight in there, probably a lot tighter then the 8th gens engine bay. I will try to get him to let someone be a test pilot for this thing. So rollatuner110 your at the top of my list. I'm going to push him to offer a plug an play option, but I can't guarantee that he will. Robin is a member on spyder chat and offered this on there, but only had three people who honestly wanted it. Now there was a guy with the screen name CARVER, actual name is Jarett, who is a member of spyder chat. He was the one who installed this thing on his MRS and put down 250 whp. I actually talked to Jarett when I ordered my throttle adapter plate, its needed inorder to mount the drive by wire throttle body of the 05 & up 1zz to the TRD supercharger and he's the only one who had them made, and he told me that he was running 13 psi on stock internals. He said anything over 13 psi and the rods will start to give out. Now I can't guarantee that you'll put down 250 whp with extras and that your stock internals will handle 13 psi but I know that it's been done.

My TRD supercharger was putting out 7.5 psi with the stock 2.4" pulley. So this one will put the same, I personnely wouldn't go over 11psi, which is where I'm at now. I would go between 8-10 psi depending on the mileage and condition of your engine. When you start pushing more psi you start increasing your chances for detonation, if you don't have some way of advancing/retarding the timing, and you have to run water/methanol injection to lower the temps alittle. So that's just one of the things you have to take into consideration as well.

So once again, when Robin gets back from his trip, I will get more info on cost, specs and possibly allowing rollatuner110 to be the guinea pig for this thing as well as photos. So hold tight, because more info is to come.
  18. Offline

Vibe New Member

Message Count:
    i'm interested but im with tsburt..need to know for sure that it'll fit the 8th gen
  19. Offline

05 TRD SCed Guest

Message Count:
    Update!! I just wanted to let everyone interested know, that I sent Robin an email with all your questions. Here's what I sent and I'm just waiting to hear back form him:

Robin

I've got about 12 people, and the list is growing, who are very interested in purchasing one of these set-ups from you. They have allot of questions like:

Will it fit on the 1zz in the 98-2002 Corolla?
    Can I run it on my stock internals?
    What psi boost does it put out?

One of the biggest questions was: How much will it cost?

So as you can see, interest in this thing is growing rapidly and so are questions. I know that your away from home right now, but I was wondering if you might be able to give me a rough estimate on how much you would sell these kits for. Now I know that the price would be based on supply and demand, in the sense that if the demand was high the cost would be lower and so on. So if you could, please send me a price that I can shoot at these guys, if you can. We can wait on the photos until you get back. Also, I have a guy who wants to see the price before he commits. But he is definitely interested and would volunteer to be the guinea pig for fitment on his Corolla, if this is possible. I think it would be a good idea to try this, in order to convince allot of the Corolla owners that it'll fit and work nicely. If able to do this and if the price was good, I believe that the sales would go through the roof. Just let me know what you think about possibly letting this guy be the guinea pig and the cost of this kit as well.

Thanks,
    Frank

I'll keep you guys up to date on all this. So hold tight because the days of when the supercharged 98-2002 Corollas ran the road maybe more of a reality than a dream!!
  20. Offline

Vibe New Member

Message Count:
    awesome, keep everyone updated :)
  21. Offline

05 TRD SCed Guest

Message Count:
    I sure will.
  22. Offline

whydontyouchoos KFM

Message Count:
    put me on the list please
  23. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    *big grin*

As for Tommy Boy, he was working on a NA 1ZZFE motor. It's already been proven that 200 hp NA is quite improbable and expensive. I bet he gave up on it.
  24. Offline

05 TRD SCed Guest

Message Count:
    Hopefully, Robin will offer this kit with the plug and play equipment, maybe as an option. I'll be pushing him to offer it once this thing comes on line. But I know that this kit will contain the supercharger, intake manifold and mounting equipment as of now. I will be pushing him to put this together just like the TRD kit, i.e. supercharger, mounting hardware, trd thermostat, plug and play harness, serpentine belt, intake manifold gasket, fifth injector, any other required gaskets,the fith injector fuel line and some sort of installation guide.<br />
    <br />
    Now you will have to purchase a piggy back system and have it tuned. Your best bet would be to go with Split Second, I use there stuff on my 05 supercharged Corolla and I used it on my 97 3sgte powered Corolla.<br />
    The piggy back system from Split Second will run you up to $650.00, rough estimate, depending on what power your looking at making.<br />
    <br />
    You will need a wideband O2 sensor to keep an eye on your exhaust temps but it's not required if your not going to change out the pulley for more boost then the stock 7.5 psi. You can get the sensor with the gauge for $150-250.<br />
    <br />
    If your looking at making allot of power with this, then you probably want to put water-methanol injection on it. Snow Performance makes some good kits for this. It will give you extra power and will help to keep the temps down a little. Also, when you start making more boost with this, you may need to use larger fuel injectors because of the need for more fuel. The fifth injector will handle this, but only up to a certain point and then you will start to run out of fuel and will need larger injectors. So if you want 250 whp with this thing, your going to need larger injectors, a rising rate fuel pressure regulator, high flow fuel pump or extra in-line fuel pump and all kinds of extras. But like I've said, &quot;the extras you need will depend on how much power you want and how much money you have to throw at it.&quot;
  25. Offline

05 TRD SCed Guest

Message Count:
    I'm here for the long haul bro. I won't back out on or leave my fellow Corolla tuners hangin.
  26. Offline

fastswimmerguy Member

Message Count:
    sweet cuz i need engine work to go along with my bodywork thats done so i can start goin to hin n other shows
  27. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    I gotta start saving more. The kit and fuel management is going to get pricey really fast. LOL
  28. Offline

rainbow_star New Member

Message Count:
    I'm really interested too!
    Just want to see what's the price behind everything. Let's say I install everything by myself, then I need:
    1) Supercharger
    2) piggyback system
    3) wideband O2 senor

Anything else?
  29. Offline

05 TRD SCed Guest

Message Count:

Just to give you an idea of price. I puchased my TRD supercharger kit off ebay and here's what I paid for it and everything else that wasn't with it:

TRD supercharger: $2600.00
    TRD Thermostat: $79.00
    Split Second FTC1-017: $594.00
    Split Second PSC1-23: $265.00
    Snow Performance water/methanol injection kit #20010: $330.00

And the list you see here doesn't include the Injen intake, DC sport header, JP Performace Exhaust midpipe, TRD muffler, silicon radiator hoses, Unorthodox Racing underdrive crank and altenator pulley, and the list goes on. You can see all the stuff I have on my rolla in the vBGarage under 05 TRD SCed. Plus don't forget the price you pay for tuning, which can be pricey. Not trying to scare anyone away, but when you want to run with the big dogs you better be willing to throw down the cash necessary to get you there. The above prices don't include tax or shipping.
  30. Offline

05 TRD SCed Guest

Message Count:

It will. And once you've built your bottom end, you can throw a 2.0" pulley on it and get some massive power. I believe the 2.0" pulley will put you up around 13-15 psi and put you in the 250+ hp range with extras. I have a 2.0" Underdog Racing Development pulley, but I can't use it till I finish building up my spare engine. And by the way, I got the last 2.0" pulley Underdog Racing Development had. But not to fret, Pulley Boys sells different size pulley for the Neuspeed supercharger that goes on the Volkswagen jettas. Those pulleys will fit this supercharger due to this and the Neuspeed supercharger being made by the same manufacturer. There exactly the same chargers. So this, the TRD and the Nuespeed supercharger are exactly the same with the exception of the integrated intake manifold on the TRD and Neuspeed unit. This supercharger comes with a seperate intake manifold that it bolts up to so thats the only difference.