1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Engine Custom cold air intake 2001 Corolla pics

Discussion in 'Powertrain' started by DrunkSaru, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Offline

808trd Guest

Message Count:
    nice work... imma do that after i relocate my battery
  2. Offline

VErolla Member

Message Count:
    Yeah i like that set you have "corolla 81386 "with the shorter intake and i just noticed the heat shield looks nice. I am gonna shorten my ELP CAI just incase i ever have to go through i deep puddle. And lately in the area i live there has been road construction and heavy rainfall. I wonder if i will lose low end power with a short ELP CAI? I know ill gain some top end but bottom end?
  3. Offline

corolla81386 New Member

Message Count:
    I don't think it will make that much of difference. You would probably have to cut off a lot to make a difference.
  4. Offline

GSE21tuner Formerly rollatuner110. Representing AZLexus.club

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    07 Lexus IS350, 04 Lexus IS300
    CSUN classes are starting soon so it's going to be hard to find time. I might be free on fridays though. Tell me when you are available or maybe I can meet you on campus.
  5. Offline

DOT. Noypi ako!

Message Count:
  6. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    I work weekends from 9-3:30. If you're free after then let me know. Weekdays are too busy for me to do anything.
  7. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    I think pretty much all filters are ok with just splashes of water just as long as they aren't submerged.
  8. Offline

engineered_prizm Guest

Message Count:
    hey another way you can protect yourself from getting your filter water logged is to get a k&n dry charger. it helped me out when it was raining hard just gotta becareful around big puddles cuz it doesn't protect the filter when submerged.
  9. Offline

locster703 New Member

Message Count:
    your intake

is that the new spectra custom intake kits they got out now? if so why didnt you use there maf sensor adapter tube p/n #8705 instead of using that other maf piece u had to use? but my big question is on the spectra instruction sheet for putting together the intakes it says for a 98-02 corolla the vacuum sensor tube should come first then the maf sensor tube then the filter, but in another box up from that it says on 00-02 corollas the maf sensor tube should come first then the vacuum sensor tube then the filter. You look like you went with the 00-02 corolla arrangement. WHY? If u study the stock air filter box on the 01 corollas you would see that the maf sensor is mounted before the filter and the purge valve vacuum line is connected right before that. So on 01's the vacuum line should come first then the maf sensor then the filter. look at your stock air filter box and holla back at me.
  10. Offline

corolla81386 New Member

Message Count:
    Yes it is the spectre intake kit. I didn't use the maf sensor adapter piece because it is 3" in diameter and won't work. It has to be 2.5". I don't think it makes a difference which order the vacuum and maf sensor are in. I just put the maf first so that wouldnt have 3" pipe reducing to 2.5" and then back to 3". This way it is just 2.5" to 3" with no restriction.
  11. Offline

JSPITZ New Member

Message Count:
    looks good just get a splash guard/shield and dont drive, tailgate people in the rain and drive through deep puddle you should be fine.
  12. Offline

Vibe New Member

Message Count:
    that front mount looks funny