1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Corolla XRS road test

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FaisalCorollaS, Jun 5, 2004.

1. Offline

FaisalCorollaS Guest

Message Count:
    I thought about as well that adding a supercharger will probably give you more performance, but $2000 for a TRD supercharger is not all you have to worry about. Toyota highly recommends brake upgrades, which add another $3000 and then getting a suspension upgrade costs quite a bit. To me, it is not worth it. Especially, when the XRS has a fun as hell close ratio 6 speed gear box that you cannot get in another Corolla. So, supercharging my Corolla is not worth it.
  2. Offline

yeye Guest

Message Count:
    I wouldnt add the SC, I personally would add the turbo just because it puts you at more power... The 2zz is a high compression motor, more or less meant for NA... I dunno if SF ever finished the 2zz kit, but then again last I checked XS had one out which was $5000 and output was
    Max Power = 250.0hp @ 8200 RPM
    Max Tourque = 183.4ft. lbs. @ 6600 RPM

I already have my suspension done... BTW hows it $3000 for a brake upgrade? If anything all I would upgrade is my front rotors and brake pads...

Granted I would be missing the 6sp box, I think it would be easier to get more power out of the 1zzfe with FI...

Dont get me wrong the XRS is a great all around NA car.. But I decided to stick with mine and go turbo once done with Univ...
  3. Offline

FaisalCorollaS Guest

Message Count:
    I am sure they are going to add a supercharger or turbocharger for the 2ZZ GE engine since it is used in Corolla XRS, Matrix XRS, Celica GT-S, Pontiac Vibe GT and Lotus Elise. They will have a big market for such a thing.
  4. Offline

yeye Guest

Message Count:

haha surely you kid, this is TOYOTA we are talkin about... Who beleive we want underpowered small boxy lookin cars... Either way they are high compression engines meant for N/A... You can still turbo them right now... BTW Blitz has or was planning a SC for the 2zz which would give you about 193whp for only $5000...
  5. Offline

yeye Guest

Message Count:
    BTW do you work for Toyota's marketing or sales? In your other posts you talk about the XRS like a robot or someshit heheh...
  6. Offline

FaisalCorollaS Guest

Message Count:
    Well, I did grow up with Toyotas ( my dad had a 1977, 1980, two 1982, 1984 over a period of 13 years), but I am no Toyota salesman. Yeah, I know I sound like a fool talking so much about the same thing. I just really like the car. It is a matter of personal choice.
  7. Offline

yeye Guest

Message Count:
    Haha ok cool, was jus curious :)... Its a nice car either way tho...
  8. Offline

FaisalCorollaS Guest

Message Count:
    Don't call me a kid, though. I am mostly likely older than you (26) ;-)
  9. Offline

yeye Guest

Message Count:
    haha I didnt call u a kid... And yes you are older then me... Waise Faisal aap kaahan se hain?
  10. Offline

FaisalCorollaS Guest

Message Count:
    You are writing in Urdu. That is kind of fishy. How did you know I can speak Urdu?? ( Judging by name, I could have been middle eastern). Maybe you took a shot and see if I understand it, right??
  11. Offline

yeye Guest

Message Count:
    Actually what i did was retrieve your logged IP from the server, look up your name, find your social secuirty number and trace your roots haha... Naah jus a lucky shot, I speak 5 or 6 languages :D... Soooo I guess you didnt understand?
  12. Offline

FaisalCorollaS Guest

Message Count:
    If I did not understand then how did I know it was Urdu?? Still kind of confused how you pointed Urdu instead of Arabic.
  13. Offline

yeye Guest

Message Count:
    Fine I work for the CIA...
  14. Offline

FaisalCorollaS Guest

Message Count:
    I guess you are going to leave it as a mystery. I live in Canada. How about you??