1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Corolla XRS $17,455

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 1337Rolla, Apr 24, 2004.

1. Offline

BLADDER_MASTER Active Member

Message Count:
    I agree. The AE111 looks very nice. Reminds me of a S15 Silvia. But I think the 20V 4A-GE is pretty powerful. Toyota could either Dual VVT-i that engine, add "Lift" to it, or just drop in another engine.
  2. Offline

Message Count:
  3. Offline

1337Rolla oh my

Administrator
    Message Count:
    the toyota.com number is wrong. it is $17,455 + $515 delivery fee = $17,970
  4. Offline

bimmernut Guest

Message Count:
    hmmm... so which of you bought a car w/o the delivery charge? None of you! $17,970 would be the correct number to quote.
  5. Offline

Schoat333 New Member

Message Count:
    im just wondering here... why did toyota put the 1zz in the MR2 and not the 2zz if the 2zz is so much better? im not a big fan of the 2zz i think toyota can do better and im sure they will soon. im betting toyota will put out some more powerfull engines in the next few years using the 1zz and 2zz's as building blocks.
  6. Offline

RollaS New Member

Message Count:
    cuz it's mid engine rear wheel drive.........Imagine hitting lift going around a turn.....it would be way too easy to lose control.
  7. Offline

bewildered_spruce Guest

Message Count:
    yeah its just too much power for most ppl to handle with a platform like that
  8. Offline

js10coastr Guest

Message Count:
    nah, it's more of a catering to an american audience.

The 1zz fits the MR2 just fine. It's fun to drive and has enough go everywhere in the rev range. With a 2zz in the rear, the driver would have to concentrate on driving much much more. The level of focus would have to be increased and more attention diverted to what the car is doing. Most American's don't like to concentrate on driving and so the 1zz fits just fine.

Now the lotus elise on the other hand...
  9. Offline

Message Count:
    Ok, Lotus Elise has the 2ZZ and no issues. People in Japan have swapped the 2ZZ into the MR-S and no issues from what I hear as well. There's a guy in Spyderchat.com who I think goes by the name of Cid who swapped in the 2ZZ and he's still driving around with it. The MR-S is a killer track vehicle with the 2ZZ. The MR-S should've came with it originally.
  10. Offline

bewildered_spruce Guest

Message Count:
    well some ppl can handle it, like hotrodders, and some ppl can't, like some old woman who wants the car cuz its cute (no offense to any of the ladies)

although i myself would love an MR-S with a 2zz
  11. Offline

MrDisco99 Guest

Message Count:
    My opinion...

The MR-S is a fine roadster with the "vanilla" 1ZZ engine. With that it competes very well with the Miata as a "stylish sporty" car.

What they should do is make a coupe version and put the 2ZZ in it. This could be their flagship sports car for more serious drivers.
  12. Offline

TRD-MX83 Guest

Message Count:
    I guess the 1ZZ TRD Supercharger does not fit the MR-S?
  13. Offline

MrDisco99 Guest

Message Count:
    I don't think so. The intake, transmissions, and ECM are completely different.

That being said, there's probably someone out there who's figured out how to shove it in and make it work. Toyota doesn't support it, though.
  14. Offline

Message Count:
    There's an available hardtop which you could put on the MR-S. Closest to it being a coupe.