1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Colorado

Discussion in 'USA: West' started by Cuztomrollaz98, Feb 6, 2005.

1. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    so quick question..... what time is the party starting at ur crib T?
  2. Offline

vortex Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    we're gonna *start* drinkin around like 3ish... lol so anytime after that.
  3. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    Sweet stuff man I'll probably show up sometime after 4 or somethin cause I have to do a tune-up on my aunt's Honda that day.
  4. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    Also do you happen do to know how old do you have to be to obtain a bike license? I'm looking to buy a 600 cc used bike to start riding around in you know and I know that I have to go through classes and stuff but I just dk about the age limit, anyone know?
  5. Offline

UKO Jon

Message Count:
  6. Offline

DeebsTundra Big Tires :)

Message Count:
    Also check out: T3RG Classes

From what I've heard, that's the best and most intense class here in Denver...I'd love to take it...but they are fairly expensive. For my endorsement I just went through the DMV, the test is easy after you've been riding for 8000 miles.

The only downfall to the class, is they make you do the figure 8 at idle speed in a little box...which on a street-bike is damn near impossible.
  7. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    So can I get a license/permit right now? cause I just want to take classes so my insurance won't sky rocket
  8. Offline

Message Count:
    If you are over 18, you still have to get the permit first...but if you wanted to, you could get the permit, have it for 5 seconds and then take the riding skills test.

...btw...just on a side note...while I whole-heartedly support the safety classes...don't take them just for an insurance drop...they quoted me a 3% reduced rate...which on a 400$ a year policy...isn't even worth the $175 for the class. I wish I could take it for the learning experience...but insurance wise it's worthless.
  9. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    well yea I'll be taking safety classes either way to just learn how to ride a bike properly, even though I have some what of experience but is not enough.... I'm gonna go to the DMV tomorrow and get some info to see what they tell me. I'm only 17 right and turn 18 in 6 months so I dk if to wait till then or what
  10. Offline

Message Count:
    Just my advice...hang out, wait until you are 18...plus, when you turn 18 it'll be the dead of winter...and everybody will be desperate to unload their bike at dirt cheap prices. The next time I buy a bike will be probably november of next year due to my friends and how low bike prices get during that time. Dealers will haggle with you like no other to get those things out of storage.

I should know...my warehouse stores them...and as soon as they come in off a truck, that dealership will push that thing out the door just as fast as they can, just because they don't want to sit on it all winter and pay storage costs on it.
  11. Offline

UKO Jon

Message Count:

^^^^ agreed. Plus it wouldn't be a good idea to be riding in the winter season when it's freezing outside.
  12. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    I'll probably shoot for a new bike with u then, I wanna get the special edition R6 :D
  13. Offline

UKO Jon

Message Count:
    If it's your first time on a bike I would suggest something that's less powerful and move up.
  14. Offline

Message Count:
    That's a lot of bike for a newbie...It's only 599 cc's, but the way that thing is geared it screams. After riding one about 5000 miles after I got my YZF, I'm glad I didn't get the R6 first. From what my boss tells me, it was the only 600 he could ever get to power wheelie...plus the thing redlines at 15.5k rpm.

I've done enough riding to tell you that is completely true. ...I've ridden all the way down to 24 degrees....and that shit is COLD! By the time I made it to work...I couldn't feel my feet, any of my face, my hands were so numb I could barely pull the clutch in.

But shit D, as soon as you get one, you're joining my riding group. We ride Saturday nights...we're going to ROR this Labor Day.
    Buying a bike is one of the most enjoyable things I could ever suggest anybody do, as long as your careful...plus the gas mileage is TOP of the line.

Btw, let's not let our happy Colorado thread turn into another streetbike anger-fest... :cool:
  15. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    haha we sure won't let it turn into that.... so what do u suggest I get as my first bike man? I want to get somethin with style, not like those old school squared out bikes... what do u suggest Andy?
  16. Offline

Message Count:
    ...Personally I'd suggest a Honda 600F4I...a Suzuki Katana 600 is a great starter, Kawasaki ZX-6R is a little higher, more along the lines of an R6. But you can learn on them. And there is always my bike, YZF-600R.

I love my bike, it's got the power I like, especially with a pipe, it's comfortable to ride...it may not have the best styling like an R6 or an R1, but it's still sweet.

But any bike is great honestly. Personally I steer away from liter bikes...in the city...it is just too much power. 600 is enough plenty for me.

But if you move farther back into the years...like mid or late 90's...even the R6's and the ZX-6R's and the CBR's have less power due to lower technology back then...so it's all just about what you feel comfortable.

:D
    My last tank averaged 54.7 miles per gallon....out of 4 gallons of gas.
  17. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    I like ur bike is pretty sweet, I wouldn't mind having something like that u know... I'll probably look for a F4I and then wait till like December/January or so and buy the R6 and have it ready to ride once I get slightly more experienced on the practice bike which is gonna be quick I bet u that :D. In October/November I've decided to go for an X-runner or an used Tacoma, I'm tired of cars is time for me to move on to a truck :D, plus more with the bike coming :p
  18. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    The YZF-6R is what Im planning on buying. I take the MSF course in August, but Ive been riding off and on for a while now on my friends' bikes. Now is the worst time to buy though...its a sellers market!
  19. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
  20. Offline

vortex Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    hehe where in westy is it? remember thats where I live.
  21. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    no clue, called the person today but no answer I left a message so I wait for directions.... I hope that bike is not sold yet
  22. Offline

Message Count:
    YES! SWEET! :D :D :D
    Buy a Yamaha bike, and get the special edition Yamaha X-Runner if you can find one. Or get a Taco and lift the shit out of it so you can go wheelin' with me.

My buddy Brandon's first bike was a '98 600-R. Absolutely I'll go check it out with you, let me know where and when.

Dude, the 600R is such a great bike...I have nothing but good things to say about it....O_O But don't ever try putting the front brake pads in backwards...they don't work so well. :p
  23. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    haha I bet they don't :haha: , I'm going to Stevenson's Toyota and around to ask for that X-runner and all the pricing and stuff (I might even get a S/C for it out of the factory IF they make one for it), by October/Nov. I should have around 3-4 g's saved for down payments and stuff like that (IF everything goes to plan).... I'm still trying to sell my corolla to buy the bike in the link I bet that I could get him to go down to 2,900-3,000 and I saw this 96 rolla DX in good shape for only 1,000 that runs and is a special from O'meara Ford even though it's AT but it's a rolla so I'm good :D, I hope everything works out and if u know of anyone that wants to buy a car let them know man I REALLY want this bike looks kick ass :D :druel:
  24. Offline

vortex Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    heh you're gonna need more than 3-4g's on an XRunner DP if you plan on affording the monthly payments on that.
  25. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    yea true I mean I'm gonna look through my options and see what my payments will be like at that time since my mom's credit score is perfect and IF it's too high then I'll just buy a Tacoma or a Tundra that are 01-02.
  26. Offline

Message Count:
    Yeah dude, we used my Firebird ($1,800), and like $3,000 more on my Tundra...financed the bitch at 7 years...and my payment is still $505 a month. That's ok...I started the note in '03 with $33,000...and 2 years later I've paid down $10,000 of it. But still, if I didn't have a truck payment...I'd have my bike paid off in 6 months.
  27. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    7 years??? Holy cow man.
  28. Offline

Message Count:
    Yeah...I'm sitting at about a year and 3/4's right now, and I've paid down about $10,000 of it. So I figure I should have the thing paid off by about '08. Hopefully about a year early, that way I can start looking for a house, make some kind of real investment.
  29. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    Hey all! Im going to get tickets for the Dave Matthews concerts at Red Rocks.

Ive been out to Denver area 7 times, and have been looking for an excuse to plan a trip to take my wife out there! Red Rocks is awesome! My uncle got married at the Red Rocks Chapel.
  30. Offline

Cuztomrollaz98 MAD VLAD!

Message Count:
    sweet man, damn everytime I see that sig it makes me crack up so hard :laughcry: