1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Close call on the beltway

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by e_andree, Feb 4, 2005.

1. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    Close call on the beltway

Earlier this week I was cruising in the HOV lanes towards 270 north right after the split northbound...a car in front of me started to merge over (actually, he was squeezing in offensively) to the right hand lane, but obviously wasnt paying attention up ahead. The lanes to the right were actually coming a stop, and he realized that he was going to fast, so he locked up his brakes, swerved to right, and then overly countersteerd and cut back to the left, across the HOV lane. I locked up my brakes, and he crossed my front end perpendicular to me, and smashed into the cement retaining wall. Probably another 6-12 inches and I wouldve hit him. Amazingly he walked away with a broken nose from the airbag, and that was it. If he had been driving a different car, he could have easily been killed with the head on impact. His car ended up sitting back in the HOV lane.

We were lucky!!!
  2. Offline

Mike4831 C-Town Pimp

Message Count:
    Wow that is a close call. So, I imagine to stayed to help. Sometimes when people do that shit to me, I will just start cusing and leaave them there. But in a case like that I think I would have to help.
  3. Offline

falnfenix Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    wow...glad you're ok.
  4. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    Well, I had to stay for the police report, and I helped with the guy in the car. We wouldnt let him out until teh paramedics showed up.
  5. Offline

vortex Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    damn dude... glad you're okay.
  6. Offline

DaCubanSkillz Active Member

Message Count:
    something simliar happened to me. was on 495 right in the left lane before the 270 split and everyone started slowing down. the lady in back of me wasn't paying attention and slammed ont he brakes. she oversteered into the middle lane and hit a semi. she bounced off the semi and went right into the cement wall. she was so scared from the impact that she slammed ont he gas instead of the brake. so she was over revving. next thing I know, her car dropped off the wall, and went in the direction of oncoming traffic. she hit a VW Jetta and hit the wall again. thats when she was able to get out thru the window and someoen turned the car off. I stayed as a "witness" and now I gotta go to court cause i got subpeoned (sp).