1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Choices.. Lets take a poll

Discussion in '8th Gen' started by MattH, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Offline

MattH Country Boy Problems

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    2001 Corolla s
    Before I get too far along. Will I have a problems with the ECU or no? All I'm doing is swapping motors, both trannys are staying in the cars they came in.
  2. Offline

Yinster Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    2001 Toyota Corolla LE, 2007 Toyota Camry LE

there shouldnt be any problem, as 8th gen are come with both manual and auto lol , you should be fine

marron car with sliver wrecked car engine shouldnt have any problem
  3. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    2001 Corolla s
    Both motors are out, now I just gotta swap tranny's and put every thing back in the car. Big thanks to Milky for letting me pick at his brain and for sharing some of his knowledge.
  4. Offline

cBass buffalo bell lover

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    2005 Corolla XRS
    Damn that is some bad luck in the corolla you just bought...why didn't you take it back?
  5. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    2001 Corolla s
    It was 100% my fault. Motor was a massive oil burner, and I had no clue. I drove it home like I stole it and ran out of oil.
    Jugs McBulge likes this.
  6. Offline

Goldy Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    Lexus IS300
    It was their responsibility to tell you the condition of the car/motor.
  7. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    2001 Corolla s
    This is true. Supposedly the guy who sold me the car was not the owner. The owner was his little brother. This guy, I believe, was good people.. He may have left out the detail about burning oil, but if the cicumstances were different (not having a total loss car sitting in my driveway, with motor/parts) I might have handled the situation differently. Everything is good now.. Motor/trans is in the car, had a few hiccups along the way (leaky injectors, leaky axle seal, leaky vacuum lines) and I still have an exhaust leak. Other than that everything is running good after the swap and I think I will be much happier with this car now. I'll post some pics tomorrow. Many thanks to MacktasticSlick and Milky.. Couldn't have it done it without you fellas!
  8. Offline

MacktasticSlick TRD whore with 36,000 posts, bitch

Administrator
    Message Count:
    Like a fucking boss!
    Irvin and MattH like this.
  9. Offline

Goldy Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    Lexus IS300
  10. Offline

MacktasticSlick TRD whore with 36,000 posts, bitch

Administrator
    Message Count:
  11. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    2001 Corolla s
    Haven't posted in a while.. Everything is working good after the swap. Exhaust wasn't leaking untill after I put a gasket on the pipe connecting to the cat. There wasn't a gasket there when I took it apart but realized the parts diagram called for one. So even tho it wasn't leaking before I put this gasket on and it created a leak. I need to get under the car and take it back off because I believe it won't leak there without a gasket and it's a really tight fit. That part of the exhaust is supposed to flex when the motor torques. I'd hate to have a manifold bolt rip out of the block. The CEL has been on since the swap. I've gotten rid of all codes except for one, which is for the TPS. The throttle cable was sticking so I took it off to lube it up and when I started the car, it idled at 5k. For some reason I adjusted to throttle lever on the throttle body. Even though I've put everything back into spec, I'm pretty sure this has something to do with it or might be the TPS sensor itself. Been thinking about swapping the whole intake manifold from the silver car because the cable won't come out of the lever anyways. It's seized on there for some reason. The battery light started coming on randomly on Saturday, but hasn't done it since. Other than that I've been enjoying the 5spd. Thanks to everyone who helped me get this thing on the road.
  12. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    2001 Corolla s
    I swapped intake manifolds and throttle cable. After the swap was done I realized one of the two bolts that holds the throttle body on was missing. CEL is now gone, and this is why it was running lean. Suckin wayy to much air.
  13. Offline

Message Count:
    Vehicles:
    2001 Corolla s
    I swapped the alternators and the battery light has gone away. Thanks Mack.