1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Carbon Fiber/Metallic dash kits

Discussion in 'Interior' started by bucrolla, Dec 30, 2002.

1. Offline

PSilva10 Guest

Message Count:
    I don't seem to have a problem with the shiny thing by the shifter... its just a pain in the ass to keep clean. sorry snuggles...
  2. Offline

SSJ_Rolla Guest

Message Count:
    If I had to choose an suv it would be tha Tahoe :D
  3. Offline

nomes Guest

Message Count:
    http://www.canadiandriver.com/previews/images/03murano1.jpg
    http://www.canadiandriver.com/previews/images/03murano2.jpg
    http://www.canadiandriver.com/previews/images/03murano3.jpg
    http://www.canadiandriver.com/previews/images/03murano4.jpg
    http://www.canadiandriver.com/previews/images/03murano5.jpg
    http://www.canadiandriver.com/previews/images/03murano_int1.jpg

Layout/Body: Front engine, front-wheel or all-wheel drive, 5-door crossover SUV

Engine: 3.5-litre DOHC V6 derived from the VQ engine series 240-plus horsepower

Transmission: Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) with available 7-speed manual shift mode (SE Model only)

Drive Configuration: Front-wheel drive. Available all-wheel drive with all-new AWD system for enhanced all-weather performance. Available Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) with Traction Control System (TCS)

Suspension: 4-wheel independent suspension with advanced multi-link rear suspension, cradle-type front subframe, stabilizer bars

Brakes: 4-wheel vented disc brakes with ABS, Brake Assist (BA) and Electronic Brake force Distribution (EBD)

Wheels and Tires: 18-inch aluminum-alloy wheels and 18-inch tires

Wheelbase: 111.2 inches Length: 187.6 inches

Width: 74.0 inches Height: 66.5 inches

Cargo Volume: Seats upright / seats folded flat 32.6 / 70.8 cubic feet

Passenger Volume: 110.0 cubic feet

Safety: Dual stage supplemental front air bags with seatbelt buckle switches, front seatbelts with pretensioners and load limiters. Front seat side-impact supplemental air bags and side curtain supplemental air bags for head protection. Front seat active head restraints
  4. Offline

imported_Zero New Member

Message Count:
    thanks nomes and ssj, btw is the VQ series engine the same one thats in the 3.5L altima?
  5. Offline

snuggles Guest

Message Count:
    ~*Ok time to change the Topic title! *~

I like the little SUV's and SUV's. i wanted either a RAV4 or a CR-V for the longest time, but then i realize that nobody ever modifies it expcet for the rims. SUVs are roomy and can store alot of ppl and things (great for shopping). I think the Murano is cute. But the blue color is not pretty, they should stick with the ORANGE. I want an orange car. . . but my mom says it's UGLY. I wish my mom's brain would be more compatiable with mine.

So in a way the Nissan Z is like the newer eclipses. The eclipse had the BLACK gas tank cover thing on every color. The first time i saw that i was like E:what:W. Maybe they have the silver door handle there, so it'll be easier to get fingerprints for looking for theives or maybe they thought silver is the new thing and went a lil overboard with it. :?

The shiny shifter gear cover thing on the S got on my nerves!!! Yeah it's hard to clean and stuff. Especially when you put your fingers on it and when u try to clean it, it gets greasier and smuggyier.
  6. Offline

AltisinBangkok Guest

Message Count:
    Has anyone seen the Asian Corollas?

Hi,

I am a Canadian living in Bangkok, and my girlfriend and I just bought a 2003 Corollas Altis 'S' and it is pretty slick. The Altis is the same as the Corolla, but more luxurious. It came stock with black leather interior, aluminium trim, auto with a buttonless gearshift and digital climate control. The only things on the car I don't like are the stock tires and the way the exhaust pipe is hidden behind the skirt. This is my first Toyota, but I think I am going to like it!

p.s. I will post a couple of pic soon so you guys can see what I mean.
  7. Offline

w1ngzer0 Guest

Message Count:
    TAPE? :shock: They have aluminum brush kits you can buy for your car.
  8. Offline

snuggles Guest

Message Count:
    Tape?? what are you talking about?? I am confused once again. i know they have the aliminum brush kits, i can't get it b/c i don't have a BLACK interior and i think it would look funny with a aluminum brush kit in a half light gray and half dark gray interior.
  9. Offline

w1ngzer0 Guest

Message Count:
    Thats the way i want to go. Light gray and black. I have seat covers that are black. But i would go dark blue black but no one makes sport seats that color.
  10. Offline

snuggles Guest

Message Count:
    Don't have custom made seat covers?? Like they can make them by special request?? Cuz i want some light gray seat covers that are the same material as my car, and i found some at this website. I think with a lil cash, you can get anything you want.
  11. Offline

RollaS New Member

Message Count:
    IMO the best thing to do to change the color of your interior is to paint it. I painted mine last summer with a metallic smoke silver color. Looks real similar to zero's dash kit but less glossy. took about 3 hours and cost me less than $20. I think I'll go home and take some pics of it and post it up later.
  12. Offline

SSJ_Rolla Guest

Message Count:
    cuz I wanted to go wit a black and blue or a white and blue scheme for my interior of course I just dont know what to pic.
  13. Offline

snuggles Guest

Message Count:
    :?: Does that painting work over woodgrain??? Cuz it's easier to paint on just the gray or the tan part of the interior. The woodgrain is a lil greasy or smooth or whatever you want to describe it. So would that paint method work on the woodgrain??
  14. Offline

RollaS New Member

Message Count:
    it might work if you sanded it first and used an adhesive promoter. Pics will be up soon, i took them on monday just waiting for my dad to e-mail them to me at school.
  15. Offline

snuggles Guest

Message Count:

Sand the woodgrain down??? Sounds very damaging. What if i messed up and the sanding is not even?? But it is a good idea.
  16. Offline

methaneb Guest

Message Count:
    The "woodgrain" is simply plastic. With proper cleaning and following directions closely any of the available kits dash kits should cover it up. If you decide to paint it the sanding is merely to rough up the surface so the paint will have something to adhere to.
  17. Offline

SSJ_Rolla Guest

Message Count:
    I think covering it up will be ur best bet
  18. Offline

GoNCHeels1 Guest

Message Count:
    i have an le too and hate the wood trim, i love the s interior, but the light gray isn't that bad, now beige..., i was thinkin as more people start to buy dash kits maybe some would be willing to sell their stock dash pieces so that the wood trim could be replaced. I think that black gray mix on the dash along with some black and gray seat covers would look pretty good, thats what i'm planning to do eventually.
  19. Offline

methaneb Guest

Message Count:
    The dash kits just cover the stock pieces, not replace them.. so no one would be able to give those up.
  20. Offline

RollaS New Member

Message Count:
    well here's one pic of my interior. I hope this works.[IMG]
  21. Offline

nomes Guest

Message Count:
    ah man..that looks sweet :D

how much did that cost?
  22. Offline

RollaS New Member

Message Count:
    seriously, it only cost me like $25. I did it all my self. Was really easy, never had any painting or car experience so to say. probably the best thing i did to my car.
  23. Offline

nomes Guest

Message Count:
    WOW....

looks professional! great job :D

care to explain what kind of paint you used? and how you painted it?

Thanx
  24. Offline

imported_Zero New Member

Message Count:
    :shock: dude...I'm soooooo jealous :D :wink:

that looks great...much better than my dash kit :oops:
  25. Offline

RollaS New Member

Message Count:
    Hey thanks for the comments guys. The paint i used was called vinyl interior paint, they sell it at autozone i'm not sure of the brand though. I didn't buy it from autozone I bought it from a local paint place because they were the only ones that had the smoke silver color. I also bought a can of plastic cleaner. I was told i didn't have to prime or sand as long as i used that cleaner first. So all i did was take my interior apart, which really wasn't as hard as i thought. sprayed the cleaner on, wiped it clean, and then put like a million coats of vinyl spray on. That picture was the end result. I'll have some more pics later on tonight.
  26. Offline

nomes Guest

Message Count:
    hmm by the way did you apply a clear-coat on it? Do you think one should? Isn't there a chance that the paint might fade, chip, or whatever
  27. Offline

RollaS New Member

Message Count:
    nope no clear coat. It's been on since June, and no fading or chipping. plus it's easy to fix if anything should happen.