1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

Buyer Beware: Phozenstone

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ghoztrider, Apr 10, 2006.

1. Offline

SD_S New Member

Message Count:
    Same here Vortex I bought many stuff off of him. And everything was perfect. Such as oil and volt guages, pair of H3 projector, MR-2 Spyder wheels though 3 of the four tires were no good. It cool though I was going to replacing them anyways. And also AE111 mirror.
  2. Offline

ghoztrider New Member

Message Count:
  3. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    Okay....do they PHYSICALLY have 5 lugs?
  4. Offline

teevee247 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    By the pictures you took, it looks like 2 are 4x100 and 2 are 4x114.3...
  5. Offline

hellapinoy 2000 Celica GTS

Message Count:
    from what i've learned, u dont measure the lugs diagonally... 110 is the distance between holes... not across...
  6. Offline

jtweezy New Member

Message Count:
    so why cant you get your money back??? not a fair deal ......
  7. Offline

hellapinoy 2000 Celica GTS

Message Count:
    scratch my last post... i was wrong... lol... sawee...
  8. Offline

ghoztrider New Member

Message Count:
    its alright... they physically don't fit so that my problem.... and ya i wanna return the rims and get my money back because its extremely hard to sell these.....

as u can tell it is 4 lug, but the labeling on it is wrong.... idk.... but like the lugs literally do not fit, they are too far apart on the rim
  9. Offline

1337Rolla oh my

Administrator
    Message Count:
    I'm leaning toward 114.5 on those too but the pictures still are somewhat unclear.
    lugs are always measured center to center
    you measure to the adjacent lug
  10. Offline

ghoztrider New Member

Message Count:
    tomorow i'll take pictures from the center with some lugs on it... and i'll measure my stock ones also too just to show it better

edit i might also take pics of me trying to put them on again maybe
  11. Offline

Prodigy3006 Rubber Man

Message Count:
    I'm no wheel expert, but I know that wheels labeled 5x100 means they have 5 HOLES. thats crazy that they are labeled 5x100 and have four holes. ????
  12. Offline

falnfenix Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    agreed.

i don't believe that's Phozenstone's fault...and i don't think he should be held at fault for it.
  13. Offline

vortex Well-Known Member

Administrator
    Message Count:
    wow ... thats *odd*
  14. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    WHAT???? The seller should know what hes selling. Are you telling me he mounted the tires on them, and then never put them on his car?

Regardless of whether or not he even knew that they were labeled wrong, hes the seller, so hes responsible for the sale. He basically sold him an unusable set of rims, and a respectable person would do the right thing and take them back, and stick HIMSELF with an unusable set of rims. I think he should be 100% held at fault for it.
  15. Offline

Supershyguy New Member

Message Count:
    I think what she is trying to say is there should still be a refund issued but its not Phozenstone's fault that he didnt know.
  16. Offline

ghoztrider New Member

Message Count:
    she?

neways i think i should get a refund or sometin, i can't sell these, no one i know can buy these and i don't think i should be the one screwed over....

and ya i think its hard to believe he didn't try to mount these on his car....

the pictures where it says 5x100 on them, it says it where the 500kg label is on them, but on the rims where it says 4x100 it just says 500kg on them by itself, i find it odd

i just want a refund and not be screwed over
  17. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    Well either way, it seems that he doesnt care, and that he wont be a stand up guy and refund the money and stick himself with an unusable set of rims. Since hes the original owner of the rims, he should be able to deal with discounttire directly about it....

So Phoz, what you gonna do?
  18. Offline

falnfenix Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    you are on the money, sir.
  19. Offline

ghoztrider New Member

Message Count:
    i was just thinking that a split second ago before i read this that he should deal with discount tire, he can get a full refund from paypal because he didnt' recieve what he asked for and that way i can get my money back as well
  20. Offline

Message Count:
    The thing here is... you've had the wheels for along time already... too much time to prove that maybe you did something to the wheels or switched (not saying you did), but when its been 4 or 5 months, it's hard to take any issue seriously... that's something you should have checked when you received them... I know if I sold somebody something (anything) and they only told me after 4 or 5 months that there is a problem with it and they want their money back, i'll tell them to fuck off...
  21. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:
    4-5 months? Hasnt he had these rims for about a week?
  22. Offline

DaCubanSkillz Active Member

Message Count:
    In ghozt's defense. I gotta say that just because he waited 4-5 months doesn't mean anything. How do you know if he was real busy and didnt' get around to installing it. Or how do you know he didn't want to put the rims on 4-5 months ago cause it was too cold out (keep in mind 4-5 months ago it was freezing outside).

When I got my CAI, I took a while before I installed it. You bet your ass if something was wrong with it, I'd say something. Let a seller tell me "fuck off". I'd be taking someone to court to get my money back. I'd make someone's life a living hell for selling something to me that wasn't what they said it was. Regardless if they "didn't know", they should have known. They were the ones who purchased the rims. So you mean to tell me, he just happened to pick up the one rim that said 4x100? What are the odds of that?

Wouldn't you check the rims to see if they're the right size when you bought them? or would you assume they're the right ones? I'd definately check to make sure they're the correct size. (this means for both phoz and ghozt). I wouldn't just take someone's word on it.
  23. Offline

Message Count:
    Just re-read the first page, its plu that waited 4 months... not ghoztrider... my bad... fuck people, just start new threads instead of of having 2 stories in one :S

Up here you are only protected for 30 days by law if you receive something faulty... so a seller is in their right to tell you to fuck off after 30 days up here... I don't know if it's different down there...
  24. Offline

Message Count:
    either way, 4-5 months or a week. they BOTH should have checked the rim sizes before selling and buying the rims. So its kind of both their faults. BUT I can see where ghozt would want his money back. I'd admit to not checking the rim size but I'd definatley fight for my money back. Especially if its a few hundred dollars.
  25. Offline

e_andree E

Message Count:

How could ghotzrider check the rims before buying them???
  26. Offline

Message Count:
    But I want to see better pics of the bolt pattern measured from hole center to hole center... for all 4 rims... before coming to any conclusions on this... I don't care what the stampings say, I just want to see the bolt pattern measured center to center (preferably in mm, heh, but inches would work)...
  27. Offline

Message Count:
    by checking the rim size. he says it says 5x100 on them. thats enough for me to know something isn't right. I wouldn't have taken the rims at that point. I would of simply asked for my money back.

And I believe Phoz orginally mentioned that he had 2 sets of rims and he never put the set he sold on his car. so in reality he's not even 100% sure they would fit. so thats another red flag not to take the rims if he would of spotted the different rim size on the back of the rim.
  28. Offline

ghoztrider New Member

Message Count:
    ok just to make it clear, i bought the rims of phoz last week.... i picked them up on saturday when he brought them

2) there is no way i can have known they are 4x114.3 because u cant visually tell the diff between 4x100 and 4x114.3 especially since phoz sent me pics of it saying 4x100

3) phoz bought these off ebay on march 11th or according to the auction he posted

4) and i'm gonna take more exact pics in a few minutes

edit: and ya i admit not chekcing the back of the rims when i picked it up from him, cause i saw each rim had 4 lugs so thats like an ok in my book
  29. Offline

Prodigy3006 Rubber Man

Message Count:
    phoz got a bad deal via ebay. those rims were terribly marked. they all "appear" to be 4x100. maybe the ebay seller knew this when they sold these to phoz?

those wheels need to be back with phozenstone, and eventually back to whoever sold them to him.
  30. Offline

Supershyguy New Member

Message Count:

I am always on the money lol :rule:

did you read the thread?