1. Welcome to TRD Forums! A community for Toyota, Lexus, and Scion Enthusiasts. To enjoy all the benefits of the site, we invite you to signup.

~* Bubble Tube *~

Discussion in 'Interior' started by snuggles, Jan 10, 2004.

1. Offline

snuggles Guest

Message Count:
    ~* Bubble Tube *~

I want a bubble water tube in my car.

something like this:
    [IMG] only maybe taller.

Does anybody know how do that?? I know you need some kind of converter and a water bubble tube. Does anyone know how to put one in the car???
  2. Offline

Dimsum New Member

Message Count:
    Where the heck are you gunna put it?
  3. Offline

snuggles Guest

Message Count:
    In the back. You know how there's a lil hump on the floor in the backseats?? Well i was gonna put it there or maybe on the center console box thing. Do u know how to put it in??
  4. Offline

1337Rolla oh my

Administrator
    Message Count:
    Hooking that up to your car requires an inverter if the plug goes directly into the light. An inverter converts DC electricity to AC electricity. If there is a transformer cube plugged into the wall, then you could use a DC to DC transformer.

An A/C inverter is cheaper, but it will draw more power from your battery.

BTW: You know that's a CD holder. I've seen it in the store once or twice.
  5. Offline

snuggles Guest

Message Count:
    yeah i know it's a cd holder, i got the picture from walmart.com i had to find a picture quick, so i kinda use that picture. i know you could get a real water bubble tube thing as Macy's or Belk's, but when i was thinking of the water bubble tube, i thought of wal Mart so i went there first. But it's pretty. i think it would match my car, cuz it's blue.

Um, is hooking up the converter thing hard to do?? Where do i buy one of these converter things and what is the exact name for it??
  6. Offline

1337Rolla oh my

Administrator
    Message Count:
    The exact name is a "power inverter" You just need to figure out the total amount of power being drawn from the bubble tube first. Then you can get an inverter that puts out the right amount of power. Here's one I found:

http://www.partsamerica.com/PartDet...de=CPM&MfrPartNumber=PMP200&CategoryCode=3076

That gives you 200 Watts to work with. To find out how much the bubble thing uses, you may need to look on the bottom of it for a voltage/amperage rating.

Watts = Amperage * Voltage

This model plugs into a cigarette lighter. If the inverter draws more than 500 Watts off your battery, then it has to be directly wired to the battery.
  7. Offline

snuggles Guest

Message Count:
    Um, i think i've seen those things at the store. Is wiring the thing into the battery hard?? Cuz i think i might run out of cigarette lighters outlet things. There's only two. I need one for my interior neons and i need one for my radar detector and cell phone. They seriously need to put more cigarette lighter outlets in the car.
  8. Offline

1337Rolla oh my

Administrator
    Message Count:
    You just need to strip the wires and connect these to the poles of the battery. I'm not sure which pole is which wire. An easier solution may be to get a cigarette lighter extension. Radioshack sells 2, 3, and 4 to 1 adapters. This would give you more power outlets! The only issue is drawing power through all the outlets at the same time. If that's a problem then you probably need to use the battery method.

With your setup I would run the neons and cell off one outlet. Then run the bubbletank, and radar detector off the other outlet. That should balance out the load somewhat.

I'm guessing:
    Radar 15W
    Bubble thing 35W
    Cell 24W or less
    Neons 25W
  9. Offline

snuggles Guest

Message Count:
    So i can use the power inverter and the radar detector into one outlet and it won't blow up or anything??? Cuz i don't want to be driving down the road and like something blows up!

I am kinda using one of those cigarette lighter extension for my neons. i have like 4 tubes of neons, so i am using one for just the neons.
  10. Offline

1337Rolla oh my

Administrator
    Message Count:
    I've seen up to 600W inverters designed for a cigarette lighter. I assume that's the max amount of power you have. I don't think you will have a problem as long as you don't add much more from the cigarette lighter. If it is too much power, it should blow a fuse for the cigarette lighter, if that happens you will have to go directly from the battery. Also, drawing all this power will drop your gas mileage by 0.25MPG.
  11. Offline

snuggles Guest

Message Count:
    I don't think dropping the gas mileage is a problem. i don't get good gas mileage anyways. recently i only get like 15 miles a gallon. i dunno if it's because it's the winter or because something's wrong with the car, but that's all i get and that's not good, considering the paper says 30 in the city and 40 on the highway.